"Do I Know How to Celebrate the Holidays or What?"

Sundanceh
Sundanceh Member Posts: 4,392 Member
Well, the end of the year is upon us now....I'm busy trying to get all of the "work" done to repair my body and keep it out on the road for 2012. The plan year is ending for both medical and dental and I've had to put myself in the body shop to "add some wiper fluid and put air in the tires."

LOL!

I had an MRI scan on my brain to see if there was anything suspicious there. (insert joke). The results came back CLEAR - nothing up there at all and hey I got it confirmed, LOL! But, it all looked good, no masses or anything detectable.

While I did not suspect we would find anything, it was a relief to know that for now, I'm ok in the 'upstairs' department - though there might be those of you, who would argue that. LOL!

I've been getting my teeth worked on too. I had a pocket of infection during T'giving holidays and it was miserable. You know, cancer sucks and can hurt - but nothing gets your attention more than tooth pain, does it?

Some penicillin, Rx mouthwash, and some peridontal therapy on the lower jaw and things are feeling better....we do the upper jaw in 2 more treatments next year....and then I've got a crown that has been put off....and then I'm back on track there. I had to wait till I got off chemo to get this all looked at.

As the holidays fast approach, some of you may be looking for a "Party Planner."

Well, I'm your man....tonight, I'm going to start off the holiday celebration with an ol' favorite of mine - and I hope one of yours too.......Craig's Colyte Cocktails...you know how most bars have a 2-drink minimum - well, at my waterin' hole, I'm way more liberal than that.....I can let you have up to 128 oz. of this salty concoction.

After drinking all of this down, I can promise you that you're family will think you are 'auditioning' for the next season of "Dancing With the Stars."

Because, you're gonna' have the "Turkey Trot" dance step down pat by the end of the evening - so get out your iPhones and send us those videos - you too may be the "next dance sensation to sweep the nation."

LOL!

I expect the scope to come back clean and clear, but it's been 18 months and again the plan year is ending and I've got to take advantage of that. They were trying to push me to 3-years, but I "explained" it all to them. I told them, I'm not ready to 'graduate' to that plateau just yet. I'll stick to yearly or no more than 2 years at a time.

I'm hungry and I have to drink just water and then start the stuff in a few hours....at least by tomorrow afternoon, it will be all over.

And.....

The following Friday 30th, I finally go back to the O/R to get a surgery done to clean up some of the internal plumbing on my insides. It's been a problem since last January...but I had to wait 6-months to get my bloodwork back to where we could do a surgery and I had to be back at work so many months to be able to go back out for a brief period.

So, I'll be "Rockin' in the New Year", but it won't be with **** Clark or Ryan Seacrest - it will be with my foam donut - and as for those "Tender" times around the holiday - they won't be romantic by any means, just 'tender to the touch' when you sit down!

LOL! LOL! LOL!

Now, do I know how to 'party' around the holidays or what? :)

It was actually a scheduling nightmare just to make these dates happen, especially with all the work we've got going on the job.

Hopefully, all of this will be beneficial and I'll be in a little bit better shape than today. It's just got to get done - and I've just got to do it!

Fighting cancer is the toughest thing there is - but picking up the pieces after the storm has it, has been a challenge all its own and for another thread one day...

Everyone have a happy holiday season.....

I'll get out of here...

-Craig

Comments

• lauragb
    lauragb Member Posts: 370 Member
    Your attitude and fortitude
    Your attitude and fortitude is an inspiration.
    Thanks for that.
    Laura
  • here4lfe
    here4lfe Member Posts: 306 Member
    Dont be a Party Pooper!
    LOL. Take care.

Best to you
  • Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Colonoscopy and surgery
    You sure do have your plate full for the next week. Wishing that both outcomes are squeeky clean and successful. You will be starting off the new year with all that behind you (oh did I make a funny LOL). Wishing you a very happy holiday season.

Kim
  • smokeyjoe
    smokeyjoe Member Posts: 1,425 Member

Colonoscopy and surgery
    You sure do have your plate full for the next week. Wishing that both outcomes are squeeky clean and successful. You will be starting off the new year with all that behind you (oh did I make a funny LOL). Wishing you a very happy holiday season.

Kim

Oh Craig, you sure have a
    Oh Craig, you sure have a way with words :)
  • wolfen
    wolfen Member Posts: 1,324 Member
    smokeyjoe said:

Oh Craig, you sure have a
    Oh Craig, you sure have a way with words :)

Craig
    You are truly CRAZY and we love you in spite of yourself. LOL!!

Wishing you the best with the upcoming surgery. Sorry it has to be now, but completely understand the insurance "game".

Luv,

Wolfen
  • Fight for my love
    Fight for my love Member Posts: 1,522 Member
    Actually I was just going to
    Actually I was just going to ask you about the brain scan,I am so happy to know it was clear.Hope for the best results of your procedures.Happy holidays!
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Craig, you crack me up....
    I'm so happy for all the good news!

And, I agree, it's the cleanup after the storm that takes awhile.

I just went to my 6-month appt with my oncologist, and she's bumping me to a yearly!!! Labs good, even my cholesterol...

Have a wonderful, wonderful holiday my sweet gentleman cowboy!!! 2012 is going to be GREAT!

BIG hugs, Kathi
  • buckeye2
    buckeye2 Member Posts: 428 Member
    Craig, It's not quite the
    Craig, It's not quite the holiday celebration you deserve but if all tests show good results, the partying can happen then. Lisa
  • thingy45
    thingy45 Member Posts: 632 Member
    buckeye2 said:

Craig, It's not quite the
    Craig, It's not quite the holiday celebration you deserve but if all tests show good results, the partying can happen then. Lisa

So for you a squeeky clean
    So for you a squeeky clean new year and an clean head. Congrats.
    Join the club I am a natural BLOND. Lights are on since the day I was born.LOL How I got an law degree is still being debated at times.LOL
    Get all of this behind you and have a super "healthy" NED 2012.
    Hugs, Marjan
  • sasjourney
    sasjourney Member Posts: 395 Member
    Glad you are getting it done!
    Craig,

I am so glad that the MRI came out clear and I will pray for the same with your scope. You are such an amazing person and I am so glad that things are going well for you. Enjoy the holidays!!!!

Hugs,
    Sara

P.S. My author friend is back in Pittsburgh for an experimental treatment, but I told him about your book. Hope he can help when he is feeling up to it.
  • jjaj133
    jjaj133 Member Posts: 867 Member
    Craig, everyone has said it
    Craig, everyone has said it to you. so i hop on the bandwagon of one of your fans.
    speedy recovery, and a healthy new year.
    hugs, judy
  • northernlites
    northernlites Member Posts: 96
    Hi Craig,
    You crack me up!

Hi Craig,
    You crack me up! Have a great Christmas morning!

hugs,

Tessa
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Wow
    You just KNOW how to have a good time! Love you and pray this year will be a healthy one for you!

*hugs*
    Gail
  • pete43lost_at_sea
    pete43lost_at_sea Member Posts: 3,900 Member
    i got a spare donut if you need one
    sorry to hear about the tender moments, comes with the territory does it.
    just have the best xmass you can

hugs,
    Pete
  • Kathleen808
    Kathleen808 Member Posts: 2,342 Member
    Craig (amazing man),
    You are

Craig (amazing man),
    You are incredible. I know I always say that to you but, really, you are. I love your spirit. I'll be thinking of you as you go through surgery. Saying prayers and sending aloha.

Aloha,
    Kathleen
  • Kathleen808
    Kathleen808 Member Posts: 2,342 Member
    Repeat
  • karen40
    karen40 Member Posts: 211 Member
    Craig
    Glad to hear that the MRI showed nothing suspicious. As for everything else, as always, I'm praying for the best possible outcomes.
    Karen
  • eibod
    eibod Member Posts: 160
    I hope and pray everything
    I hope and pray everything comes out well for you. I am ashamed to admit I actually enjoyed reading your post. It made me laugh, and yet I know what you are going through
    is awful. I really hope you manage to have a good holiday somehow. Take care, Brenda
  • Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Colonoscopy
    How did it go? Hope you are doing well.

Kim
  • Sundanceh
    Sundanceh Member Posts: 4,392 Member
    Kim and Brenda.....
    Hey Kim

I thought I would slip out under the wire and nobody would notice:)

LOL!

Scope looks clear - no polyps or anything - they did send out a biopsy of the anastomosis that I should have by week's end, but she doesn't think there are any issues, just a precaution.

Found out my port clotted again when they tried to access....as soon as the scope ended, I got up and went down the street to the infusion center and asked for some TPA in the port to dissolve the clot......40 minute wait but that worked and we got 'return.'

Always something, but glad they found it....I had a couple of stabbing hurting pains in my chest near that area a day or 2 prior, but dismissed it....once she could not get return from the port...I knew what I needed to do and what the problem was. After the 'drano', it worked fine.

1 down - 1 to go...the 30th should be good fun...enema preps before dawn, LOL!

All should go well there, my new colorectal surgeon is ranked #1 in the entire metroplex area as voted by his peers. My butt is in some good hands, LOL!

I'll be glad to get this all 'behind' me:)

LOL!

Thanks for asking, Kim!

And Brenda...I'm glad I got a smile out of you! It was my feeble attempt to write some humor:) I thought it was pretty good too:) Made even me grin:)

-Craig