Wishing everyone an early Happy Holiday

Lilmiss82
Lilmiss82 Member Posts: 257 Member
I haven't been posting regularly but do read daily. I have been so sick from FOLFIRI with non stop vomiting ( sorry if TMI). It has been so overwhelming that I almost gave up on the "standard" treatment because I have way more sick days than good ones. My oncologist immediately shut that idea down stating that I really need this. I will continue to "hang in there" but will not be able to post as often as I would like to, but please know you guys are never far from my heart or thoughts. I also want to say thank you to all who sent me Christmas card. It truly made my heart sing:) May everyone have a Very Merry Christmas, a Happy Holiday or Hanukkah and a Happy New Year. -Melissa

Comments

• smokeyjoe
    smokeyjoe Member Posts: 1,425 Member
    Same to you sweety!!

Same to you sweety!!
  • PhillieG
    PhillieG Member Posts: 4,866 Member
    Sorry you're not feeling well Melissa
    Thank you for the holiday wishes. There are many groups that celebrate the Winter Solstice in different ways, but I think the true spirit is that of giving of oneself to others.
    I wish everyone the best however you celebrate.
  • sasjourney
    sasjourney Member Posts: 395 Member
    Hang in there!
    Hi Melissa,

I think of you often and I am so sorry that you are having a tough time. I pray that it will get better soon. Hope you have a wonderful Christmas surrounded by love.

Hugs to you,

Sara
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member

Hang in there!
    Hi Melissa,

I think of you often and I am so sorry that you are having a tough time. I pray that it will get better soon. Hope you have a wonderful Christmas surrounded by love.

Hugs to you,

Sara

Merry Christmas dear Mel!
    Hugs!
  • Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Holiday
    Wishing you the best of holidays too. Hope you feel better soon.

Kim
  • geotina
    geotina Member Posts: 2,111 Member
    Melissa:
    Hang in there. I know how rough this drug can be. While George isn't throwing up it is coming out the other end, some days, uncontrollable. The drug does work so hang in there the best you can.

You, also, are never far from our thoughts and hearts.

Hugs - Tina
  • janderson1964
    janderson1964 Member Posts: 2,215 Member
    I know how you feel with the
    I know how you feel with the FOLFIRI. I did it 4 years ago and got real sick a couple of times and stopped early after 5 months. I just had another recurrence and am recovering from surgery. This time they want to do FOLRIRI.3 plus Vectibix for 6 to 12 months. What a challange.

Anyway I hope that you and everyone that reads this has a Merry Christmas. Let's try to put all of this cancer junk on the back burner for now and enjoy the holidays.

Jeff
  • Eltina21
    Eltina21 Member Posts: 173 Member
    Merry Christmas to all
    I pray that you begin to feel better soon and may you and everyone on the site have a blessed and safe holiday.
  • steveandnat
    steveandnat Member Posts: 886
    Happy Holidays To You and Your Family
    Christmas is just a few days away and now I appreciate the holiday more than ever. Our family gets together and with this crazy cancer stuff I get sentimenal like no body can believe. Have a great Christmas and enjoy every minute.
    Jeff
  • lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member
    sorry
    Hi Melissa,

I'm sorry to hear you're having such a hard time on the Folfiri. I had problems with vomiting on that too. I tried all the antinausea drugs and nothing helped. I got to the point where I went to get my medical mj card. I did and purchased some edibles (mj in a muffin). It did help some, but I was paranoid about using it, buying it, etc. About that time I had a scan and it showed progression, which meant it wasn't working for me anymore, so we switched chemos anyhow & then the nausea/vomiting was no longer an issue.
    If you're okay with the mj, maybe you should look into trying it for that. Supposedly smoking it works better than the edibles.

I hope and pray the the Folfiri is really working for you on knocking the cancer on its butt.

Hugs to you and hope you have a good Christmas-

Lisa