I do not see one familiar face here!

randy_in_indy
randy_in_indy Member Posts: 496 Member
I have been away from the board a long time...it's now two years since my robotic surgery - PSA last week a big fat ZERO..proudly I'm still a memember of that Club? Who's the president now? ED is pretty good and still using generic blue pills for recreation more than necessity. Hope all is well with all the gang...and people are beating this beast with each step....each and every day I thank my God and my Dr. for my lucky outcome. Doc says after non-detectables for two years your pretty much out of the woods....next PSA in 6 months.

God Bless & Merry Christmas

Randy in Indy

Comments

• Kongo
    Kongo Member Posts: 1,166 Member
    Randy!
    Great to hear from you again and that everything continues to go well. You should check in more often.

K
  • hopeful and optimistic
    hopeful and optimistic Member Posts: 2,339 Member
    Great news
    I'm glad that you are doing well.
  • randy_in_indy

Great news
    I'm glad that you are doing well.

Ira
    How is your's working out? PSA staying same or shrinking I hope!
  • VascodaGama
    VascodaGama Member Posts: 3,638 Member

Ira

Good news
    Hi Randy

A good holiday season and continuous Zeros are my wishes for your 2012.
    Hope the V-pills continue its effect at your timing.

VG
  • lewvino
    lewvino Member Posts: 1,010
    Hey Randy, glad you checked
    Hey Randy, glad you checked in. I still check the board just not posting as much.
    I also hit the two year mark in Sept. Life is good and drawing 0's also.

lewvino (larry)
  • hopeful and optimistic

Ira

Hi Randy
    I'm still on Active Surveillance....will be 3 years in March. I've had two biopsies since my first when I was diagnosed. the second and third ones were very thorough, and no cancer was detected. My PSA has been steady, except for the last one, six months ago; it rose from 2.5 to 3.6. I have an appointment to see my doctor next week. There will be another psa. and, whatever test indicators that are available (suggestions are appreciated).

Anyway, I have been going on with my life, enjoying the moments.
  • chitown
    chitown Member Posts: 90 Member
    1.5 years and 0
    heartwarming to hear your updates and its always great to catch-up with people who helped me in the darkest hours! doing well, mentally back in full gear..no ED or continence issues what so ever either. more appreciation for life in creating new vibrant memories everyday
  • randy_in_indy
    Checking in 7 years Post Robotic Surgery

Hey,  I wonder....is anyone I used to talk to on here still from 7 years ago....hoping all are cured and moving on with their lives.  I am back due to a work collegue that's father just diagnosed and I had to give him the connection to one of the biggest helps to me when I was going through my ordeal with the beast....This board......Hilton,Kongo,  Hopeful and Opt, Lewvino, Vascoda gama, and many more I became friends with.....I remember making a post that I would come back 10 years later as that is the date if you still are in the Zero PSA club ...you'd have completely beaton the beast...almost there this is year 7 or eight...getting old I forgot....   Anyway it's been so long I cannot even remember my stats so I'll have to go to my profile page and relearn...LOL.   Just checking in guys...  Randy

• VascodaGama
    VascodaGama Member Posts: 3,638 Member

Hey,  I wonder....is anyone I used to talk to on here still from 7 years ago....hoping all are cured and moving on with their lives.  I am back due to a work collegue that's father just diagnosed and I had to give him the connection to one of the biggest helps to me when I was going through my ordeal with the beast....This board......Hilton,Kongo,  Hopeful and Opt, Lewvino, Vascoda gama, and many more I became friends with.....I remember making a post that I would come back 10 years later as that is the date if you still are in the Zero PSA club ...you'd have completely beaton the beast...almost there this is year 7 or eight...getting old I forgot....   Anyway it's been so long I cannot even remember my stats so I'll have to go to my profile page and relearn...LOL.   Just checking in guys...  Randy

Still here

Hi Randy,

Welcome back, or is this just to tell us that you are still "kicking". I have missed your comments, though I am glad to know that you do not need this forum as before, and continue in the zeros.

Some guys do not respond anymore which may signify they found cure. Some continue to assists the many and some like me continue looking for help.

Best wishes

VG

• hopeful and optimistic

Still here

It's good to hear from you.

Believe it or not, I'm still in the Active Surveillance program.........I'm upbeat, doing well, enjoying life.

Miss your posts.

I hope all is well with you and your wife.

Best wishes

• Will Doran
    Will Doran Member Posts: 207 Member
    Good to hear about your case.

Randy,

Glad to hear you are doing so well.  Congratulations

I'm new.  Had Robotic surgery, in Dec 2013 after a diagnosis with a PSA 0f 69 and a Geason for 7. Two years of Lupron and 8 weeks of radiation.  My PSA went to <0.010 after two months and still remains at that figure 2 3/4 years later.  I have been off Lupron for 4 months and will have blood work done in two weeks to check testosterone levels and PSA plus all the other things my doctors check.  So far bone scans and MRI's remain clear. 

I'm so glad you came back and shared your sucess.  It's stories like your's that help us all to have faith and hope for remission. 

Thank You

Peace and God Bless

Will 

• Swingshiftworker
    Swingshiftworker Member Posts: 1,017 Member

Me Too!

You may not remember me, but I remember you. 

I was here starting 6 years ago and I remember your posts from when I 1st started.  I have since been treated w/CK and have been cancer free w/a PSA below 1 for over a year (like Kongo, who hasn't been around for a couple of yers since he was also successfully treated).  In my case, I'm still hanging around trying to "give back" by offering any advice/info that I can to those who care to listen.

• zakpaga
    zakpaga Member Posts: 69
    Good to be hear from you

Randy,

You may not remember me. But you were one of those who advised me when I had my PC 6 years ago.   After my surgery in March 2010, I am glad to report that I am still in the Zero PSA club. I just got my result today.  The discussion group has been such a great support for me when I was fighting the "beast".  I hope that many of the groups discussants are still in the Zero PSA club.

Peace and God bless 

• ob66
    ob66 Member Posts: 227 Member
    Good to hear from you

Still here, although I have not posted in some time. Had surgery June of 2009 (Gleason 8, Stage 3b), radiation July 2010 with lupron therapy for two years thereafter following AUS therapy prior to the radiation.

Recovery was phenomenal and my ultrasensitive PSAs remained less than 0.02 up until January 2015 when it went to 0.03 (could be statistical). Last one in July 2016 at 0.07----still not doubling too quickly (18 months) and below the standard of treatment need (0.2)-----but I am following up as to the level of concern I should have with my uro. Everything I have read and been advised (radiologist, oncologist) is that no IHT is needed at this point but I want to discuss it also with my urologist.

Great to see so many of the names from back when and that we can gather here. Cheers, Bob

ps....It would be great to see an update from Kongo as well as Trew to see how they are doing.