a week of great sadness and great relief........

HellieC
HellieC Member Posts: 524 Member
This week has been so mixed for me. Firstly, the sad news of Linda's passing, which hit so many of us so badly.
But, today, the news that my latest PET/CT scan is clear - no uptake anywhere. We had ordered it to try and determine whether the "mass" on the left side of my pelvis was recurrence or fibrosis - it turns out to be fibrosis. The relief is immense, as had it been a recurrence, it would probably not have been operable, due to it's proximity to the sidewall.
I feel blessed to have such good news, but somehow guilty too, that we should lose a beacon like Linda while I am allowed to sail on.
Helen

Comments

• Kaleena
    Kaleena Member Posts: 2,088 Member
    Helen:
    I am so happy to hear

Helen:

I am so happy to hear your good news! But I too feel the same way about Linda. But Linda would not want us to feel this way. Live Large she would say.

So enjoy your news! Celebrate. Have a tea party and let us know how it went that we too can enjoy all of your celebrations.

We must continue the light for Linda and all others.

My best to you, Helen. I feel uplifted from your good news!

Kathy
  • snowbird_11
    snowbird_11 Member Posts: 160
    That's something to celebrate!
    Great news, Helen! You have already been through so much, finding out this is a benign mass must be such a relief. We all need the good stories, that everything is not necessarily cancer - these are the sources of our hopes.

As Kathy siad - live large with your good health. All of us want you to - and Linda would demand you do!

Annie
  • Rewriter
    Rewriter Member Posts: 493 Member

That's something to celebrate!
    Great news, Helen! You have already been through so much, finding out this is a benign mass must be such a relief. We all need the good stories, that everything is not necessarily cancer - these are the sources of our hopes.

As Kathy siad - live large with your good health. All of us want you to - and Linda would demand you do!

Annie

Helen, thank you for sharing your EXCELLENT news
    I know that sometimes having a good health report can underscore the sadness we feel for those who are not doing so well. However, I believe that Linda in particular would want you to celebrate.

Congratulations on your excellent scan! I am so very happy for you. You've always be so kind and supportive to all of the women here. Now it's time to feel the relief wash over you and live life with all of the enthusiasm I sense that you have.

Big hugs, and I raise a glass of green tea to you!

Jill
  • jazzy1
    jazzy1 Member Posts: 1,379
    Rewriter said:

Helen, thank you for sharing your EXCELLENT news
    I know that sometimes having a good health report can underscore the sadness we feel for those who are not doing so well. However, I believe that Linda in particular would want you to celebrate.

Congratulations on your excellent scan! I am so very happy for you. You've always be so kind and supportive to all of the women here. Now it's time to feel the relief wash over you and live life with all of the enthusiasm I sense that you have.

Big hugs, and I raise a glass of green tea to you!

Jill

Congrats Helen!
    That's the best news....yippee! We all have such sadness in our hearts for our dear friend Linda, but as we all know life must go on. I'll never forget Linda, but just as happy as a pig in mud for your wonderful news!!

As Jill mentioned and I agree, RAISE A GLASS OF GREEN TEA for the gang!!!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING~
    Jan
  • RoseyR
    RoseyR Member Posts: 471 Member
    Congratulations!

Hellie,

Am so happy to hear that your scan was clear!

And I am right or wrong in recalling that your initial diagnosis was MMMT? If so, being clear of a recurrence is real cause to celebrate!

Enjoy the news, Hellie.

Best,
    Rosey
  • Ro10
    Ro10 Member Posts: 1,561 Member
    What great news. Helen
    Yes you need to celebrate your clear PET/CT. Don't feel guilty. May you have a very long dance with NED. In peace and caring.
  • minniejan
    minniejan Member Posts: 88
    Hello,
    Wonderful news. As

Hello,

Wonderful news. As others have said, the good news helps us, helps us all! It is no way takes away from our feeling for Linda. And she would be the first to celebrate your good news.

MinnieJan
  • TiggersDoBounce
    TiggersDoBounce Member Posts: 408
    Hellie
    Hellie,

I hear you girlfriend. Linda's passing has been and is still so incredibly sad for me. I am thinking of how she loved the holidays and how last year at this time would be getting ready for all the pie baking she loved to do :(

BUT as others have said, she wanted us to live large and enjoy the blessings we do have in our lives.

I am SO happy to hear of your good news. This is SO worth celebrating!!!!!

Hang in and keep the good health rolling forward!

Laurie
  • kkstef
    kkstef Member Posts: 688 Member
    Wonderful news!!
    Oh Helen, I know you have had such a stressful time waiting to get the CT/PT done and get the results. But,what TERRIFIC news! Do not feel guilty about this wonderful occasion of celebrations. We are here cheering for you....and I am thinking a glass a wine in additon to the green tea is in order!!

Cheers for many more years!

Hugs, Karen
  • HellieC
    RoseyR said:

Congratulations!

Hellie,

Am so happy to hear that your scan was clear!

And I am right or wrong in recalling that your initial diagnosis was MMMT? If so, being clear of a recurrence is real cause to celebrate!

Enjoy the news, Hellie.

Best,
    Rosey

diagnosis
    Hi Rosey
    Sorry, no, my diagnosis was adenocarcinoma. I was the one who had the hyst and no cancer was found, then got a "recurrence" 7 years later and then a second recurrence 2.5 years after that. My cancer may be the "commonn or garden" variety and it is low grade, but, boy has it been persistent! I don't think anyone really understands why we haven't been able to beat it!
    Helen xx
  • HellieC
    kkstef said:

Wonderful news!!
    Oh Helen, I know you have had such a stressful time waiting to get the CT/PT done and get the results. But,what TERRIFIC news! Do not feel guilty about this wonderful occasion of celebrations. We are here cheering for you....and I am thinking a glass a wine in additon to the green tea is in order!!

Cheers for many more years!

Hugs, Karen

Thanks, everyone
    Thanks, everyone. Even though I never met Linda, I know how she would have shared in the good news.
    Karen - I took your advice last night and added a glass or two of wine to the green tea - not in the same glass :-)
    I am so lucky to get a good result and I intend to live large and enjoy every day of the holiday season. The new outside icicle fairy lights went up yesterday as the start of it.
    Wishing you all a very Happy and Healthy Thanksgiving.
    Helen xx
  • zarkapopovic
    zarkapopovic Member Posts: 30
    HellieC said:

Thanks, everyone
    Thanks, everyone. Even though I never met Linda, I know how she would have shared in the good news.
    Karen - I took your advice last night and added a glass or two of wine to the green tea - not in the same glass :-)
    I am so lucky to get a good result and I intend to live large and enjoy every day of the holiday season. The new outside icicle fairy lights went up yesterday as the start of it.
    Wishing you all a very Happy and Healthy Thanksgiving.
    Helen xx

Celbrate Hellie!
    You really are amazing and it is wonderful news that nothing lit up!

Wishing you good health for many years,

Zarka
  • Double Whammy
    Double Whammy Member Posts: 2,832 Member

Celbrate Hellie!
    You really are amazing and it is wonderful news that nothing lit up!

Wishing you good health for many years,

Zarka

I'm so happy for you, Hellie
    I'll also raise a glass in celebration for your good news.

Suzanne
  • Sara Zipora
    Sara Zipora Member Posts: 231
    I add my good wishes
    Happy Thanksgiving!
    Sara
  • Pat51
    Pat51 Member Posts: 130
    Great News
    Great news that your CT/Pet was clear. A great reason to celebrate this holiday season even more.

Pat
  • fanniemay
    fanniemay Member Posts: 53
    Pat51 said:

Great News
    Great news that your CT/Pet was clear. A great reason to celebrate this holiday season even more.

Pat

Congrats on the good news!
    Congrats on the good news! So happy for you. Enjoy the up-coming holidays, Edith
  • Tresia23
    Tresia23 Member Posts: 77
    A great relief
    Hi Hellie,

I cannot add much more to what others have said. I agree that you must enjoy your life and not be sad as I am quite sure Linda would be so thrilled for you if she were still here with us. I also think it is really touching to read your posts supporting and encouraging others. You have a very kind and compassionate heart. You are blessed and that is such a wonderful thing.

Sending you kind thoughts,
  • daisy366
    daisy366 Member Posts: 1,458 Member
    Tresia23 said:

A great relief
    Hi Hellie,

I cannot add much more to what others have said. I agree that you must enjoy your life and not be sad as I am quite sure Linda would be so thrilled for you if she were still here with us. I also think it is really touching to read your posts supporting and encouraging others. You have a very kind and compassionate heart. You are blessed and that is such a wonderful thing.

Sending you kind thoughts,

Wonderful, Hellie!
    Enjoy

Wonderful, Hellie!

Enjoy dancing with NED, my friend. Mary Ann
  • Fayard
    Fayard Member Posts: 438 Member
    Great!
    Helen,

I am so happy about the good news. I agree with you about Linda being gone.
    I am still in shock and sad.

Thank you for sharing positive news!
  • Susanna23
    Susanna23 Member Posts: 66 Member
    Fayard said:

Great!
    Helen,

I am so happy about the good news. I agree with you about Linda being gone.
    I am still in shock and sad.

Thank you for sharing positive news!

Well done Helen!
    I'm just catching up as have been away for a few days - had been wondering how things were with you as I knew you were waiting for scan results. So that's fantastic news - I am so pleased. I share your feelings about Linda though but everyone is right - she would want us all to celebrate your news!
    Do you still have your pelvic pain symptoms that were the need for the scan?
    Have a good weekend -
    Susan x