My decision

Comments

• sasjourney
    sasjourney Member Posts: 395 Member
    What can I say...
    Lisa,

I don't know what I can say that hasn't been said already. You are an such inspiration to us all and I know you have given this an enormous amount of thought. I completely understand and support you in this decision. I am sorry that you have to even make this kind of decision. I know your strong faith with guide you on the right path.

I am here for you if you need anything. Praying for only the best for you.

Hugs,
    Sara
  • laurettas
    laurettas Member Posts: 372
    God bless you, Lisa,
    on this new path that you are undertaking. Please keep in touch here as we all desire to know how you are doing. Peace be to you.
  • Lifeisajourney
    Lifeisajourney Member Posts: 216
    Lisa
    I can only say thank goodness I am not the only one going this route. I think we have an age difference, but I just can't do it again....my folfox reaction was so bad my onc did want to put me on anything for the failed liver resection, because he was afraid of my physical reaction. Then after the failed resection, I actually signed on for folfori/avastan and called it off. He is trying for Sir spheres, cyberknife anything I'll do and I still can't do it. I go monthly for blood work and discussion, my husband is working on my diet and I take some supplements. My body is a neurological mess, everything tingles,, but I can eat, have good and bad days. Maybe I will change my mind and do chemo, but doubt it. I thought I might be the only one that said no more and accept the fact that I may or may not be making a mistake, but I feel horrible because of chemo, not cancer, second surgery didn't help. Cancer is at fault but chemo will give me more time, but I want to be a viable person even if it a shorter time...thank you for sharing your journey, it helps me to know I am not alone in my decision.......Bless you and may we both be around for quite awhile. And if we both change our minds, so what, that is what women do......Pat
  • herdizziness
    herdizziness Member Posts: 3,624 Member
    Dear Lisa
    My dear Lisa, at some point in time, we all have to make decisions, hard decisions, difficult ones, I remember they had recommended against chemo for me, told me that I should enjoy the rest of my time as healthy as possible. I choose the chemo anyway. I remember when making that decision, (since I hadn't had chemo before)as I thought about how it affected my niece, it wasn't easy to choose it. My step-niece (God bless her soul)after having chemo resulting in the most awful of seizures told her mother that her decision was no more chemo. My sister-in-law begged her to keep doing chemo, my niece told her, "Mama, you have no idea how horrible this is for me, I'm at peace with my decision, please let me stay at peace." My sister-in-law and the rest of the family respected that.
    And since we are your on line family, we respect your decision as well, with heavy hearts my dear, with heavy hearts and tears flowing down our cheeks, but with respect and understanding.
    I hope that your alternative regime helps you in so many ways. When a person comes to the decision that chemo is no longer a way to spend your life, what do you have to lose trying something different? Not a dang thing, so you go girl. Just make the alternative stays NON-STRESSFUL would you? If something gets too much for you, give it a break, then get back on it when you can enjoy it. (in other words, don't completely deny yourself a piece of chocolate cake, Okay?). And as Pat said, you could always change your mind later, option is always open, even if not taken.
    Love to you Lisa,
    Winter Marie
  • Lovekitties
    Lovekitties Member Posts: 3,364 Member
    Dear Lisa
    As someone posted earlier in the thread, this is not an ending but a new beginning for you and you new plan.

You have not given up, but just chosen differnt weapons to fight this battle.

Praying for much success and peace at heart for you and yours.

Hugs,

Marie who loves kitties
  • karen40
    karen40 Member Posts: 211 Member
    Lisa
    I understand your decision making and support you 100 percent.
    I wish you great success on your new journey and pray that you feel comforted along the way.
    Karen
  • Phoebesnow
    Phoebesnow Member Posts: 600 Member
    karen40 said:

Lisa
    I wish you great success on your new journey and pray that you feel comforted along the way.
    Karen

Lisa
    God bless you.
  • amyb15
    amyb15 Member Posts: 109 Member
    karen40 said:

Lisa
    Karen

lisa
    Hi Lisa:
    I have not posted in a very long time, but still read the posts frequently. Brenda lived almost 2 years after her diagnosis. She did all of the chemo she could, and died. She talked about diet, juicing TCM a lot but never really got into it because all of the oncologists she talked to were against that. You have been going for 4 years and I think it is a great decision for you. It is in God's hands. Hopefully things will turn around for you at this time. I am saying an extra prayer for you tonight.
    Much Love:
    Amy
  • pf78248
    pf78248 Member Posts: 209
    You are amazing
    Lisa,

I know your decision was very difficult andi commend your faith, strength and courage. I'm praying the lifestyle changes will be just what you need. May God bless you on your journey.

Hugs and Healing,
    Priscilla
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Oh, Lisa.
    I can't really

Oh, Lisa.

I can't really begin to tell you how much I admire you. When I log on here and see your lovely face, it just makes me happy. I've thought many times that I wished we lived closer together, so I could know you in person, too, because I think you must be an awesome person.

I'm glad that you and your hubby are both on the same page with this, because that way you have good support in the days ahead. I just pray that the nutrition route will result in a great change in your situation.

Keep us posted on how you're doing. It's obvious from all the replies that I'm not the only one here who is extremely fond of you.

*hugs*
    Gail
  • Nana b
    Nana b Member Posts: 3,030 Member
    tootsie1 said:

Oh, Lisa.
    I can't really

Oh, Lisa.

I can't really begin to tell you how much I admire you. When I log on here and see your lovely face, it just makes me happy. I've thought many times that I wished we lived closer together, so I could know you in person, too, because I think you must be an awesome person.

I'm glad that you and your hubby are both on the same page with this, because that way you have good support in the days ahead. I just pray that the nutrition route will result in a great change in your situation.

Keep us posted on how you're doing. It's obvious from all the replies that I'm not the only one here who is extremely fond of you.

*hugs*
    Gail

You are an inspiration to all.
    Lisa, stay strong! You know what you have to do, now do it! I wish I was closer so we could help each other with our diets and excercise. Trader Jies has great vegan side dishes in the freezer area. Throw it on a bit of rice or noodles and they are great. The vegan burgers are good too. Have a Popsicle instead of ice cream. Have the thin wafer cooked instead of a big cookie. Trader joes has a good one or two. Lettuce wraps. Stuffed peppers with rice and mushrooms. You can do it just fill your fridge and freezer.

Eat anything and everything that builds the immune system. Take aloe shots! It cleans you out and keeps you regular. And call if you need anything.
    The lord is with you!
  • Sonia32
    Sonia32 Member Posts: 1,071 Member
    Lisa
    Firstly I'm not fond of you...I love you lol!

Like everyone on here, you are an amazing person with so much strength and grace.

You have a lot of faith in yourself and in God for doing this, was thinking about it last night.

I support you 110% all the way and know you can do this!

We need to set up a skype date soon when your able too, miss you.
  • Nana b
    Nana b Member Posts: 3,030 Member
    tootsie1 said:

Oh, Lisa.
    I can't really

Oh, Lisa.

*hugs*
    Gail

You are an inspiration to all.
    Lisa, stay strong! You know what you have to do, now do it! I wish I was closer so we could help each other with our diets and excercise. Trader Jies has great vegan side dishes in the freezer area. Throw it on a bit of rice or noodles and they are great. The vegan burgers are good too. Have a Popsicle instead of ice cream. Have the thin wafer cooked instead of a big cookie. Trader joes has a good one or two. Lettuce wraps. Stuffed peppers with rice and mushrooms. You can do it just fill your fridge and freezer.

Eat anything and everything that builds the immune system. Do aloe shots! It cleans you out and keeps you regular. And call if you need anything.
    The lord is with you!

Big hug
  • lauragb
    lauragb Member Posts: 370 Member
    A new path
    I don't know you but have seen what a support you are to others on this forum. It sounds like you are making the best decision for yourself and this new path could be what you leads you to a longer, better quality of life. I am sending you light, love, and prayers. Bless you.

Laura
  • plh4gail
    plh4gail Member Posts: 1,238 Member
    Lisa...It was one year ago
    Lisa...It was one year ago last month I joined this board, between chemo pump/radiation and resection. I was here so unsure and frightened and even though our cancers and treatments were different, you were and are always there for me as you are so many others. I will always give you back the same love and support. I love your inspiration for faith and hope and the fact you say shove it to cancer and move on to something else if what you're doing isn't working. .....I raise my glass of herbal tea to you this morning to a wonderful strong change in your health and future.

Love you buddy! Gail
  • here4lfe
    here4lfe Member Posts: 306 Member
    As Always
    You inspire with your focus on the future. Thanks for being you.

Best
  • geotina
    geotina Member Posts: 2,111 Member
    Lisa:
    You are a shining example of grace, dignity, love and faith to all. I know you are a woman of deep faith so may our Lord continue to guide you.

Love - Tina
  • dmdwins
    dmdwins Member Posts: 454 Member
    geotina said:

Lisa:
    You are a shining example of grace, dignity, love and faith to all. I know you are a woman of deep faith so may our Lord continue to guide you.

Love - Tina

Dear Lisa
    May your faith sustain you, comfort you and guide you each and every day. It is evident how much you are loved here....I wish you many days filled with joy and memories and feeling well.

:) Dawn
  • Cathleen Mary
    Cathleen Mary Member Posts: 827 Member
    Dear Lisa,
    I am more a

Dear Lisa,

I am more a reader of this blog than a contributor. Many times your words have gotten me through a difficult time or guided me in a decision. My heart is filled with gratitude for you. Know that once again I am in awe of your courage and wisdom. Be assured that I will mention your name to God often and wish you every blessing as you try a non medical route.
    Hugs, Cathleen Mary
  • tanstaafl
    tanstaafl Member Posts: 1,313 Member
    Formula 500
    Dear Lisa
    You've found ways to improve and beat the odds before. Since cancer is a game of percentages, molecular targets and immune function, we all hope that you are feeling better, formulate that new diet with some super supplements, build back the immune responses, stall and shrink the little buggers.