Long time

Greggriggs
Greggriggs Member Posts: 132
I just read Staying Calm Passed .
What a great loss to the world !!
I have not been on the site for a long time.
But it made me sad to hear about her .
Soccer is about the only on I still remember and I see he is still going strong.

I lost a lung in 2006 and have been doing kinda OK.
Chemo took it's tole I have a lota blood problems .
but things just kinda keep going .

We all keep fighting this beast.The other day I did a pet scan it has been two years .
And you know I guess you think things will just keep going on like always .
But it looks like this cancer is back.
Maybe they have something new out here in the med world but I don't think I will do Chemo agin life is good but I don't think I have that much fight left.
Any Way God bless ya Staying Calm . And shame on me for forgetting your real name.
Bless all of you .
Greg

Comments

• Glenna M
    Glenna M Member Posts: 1,576
    Stayingcalm
    Hi Gregg, I remember you from when I originally started posting in 2009 and I agree, Joe (soccerfreaks) is about the only old timer who posts regularly now. Yes, it was a great loss when Deb passed, we all loved and respected her.

Sorry to hear that your cancer is back. Mine came back in June and I am in treatment now, I've had a few set backs (infections and such) which have postponed my treatments but I am going to fight this again with all I've got. My next chemo was to be on the 10th of November but it has been pushed back a week because I have an infection in my bowel that was caused by the antibiotics they had me on earlier. I'm getting Taxol/Carboplatin and so far it has been easier to tolerate than the cisplatin I received in 2009.

I know they can't cure me but am praying that it goes back into remission for several more years. I won't give up this fight yet because I'm not ready to leave my family and those that I love. Every person is different and their decisions are personal and should be respected.

Wishing you the best in whatever you do.
    Glenna
  • AlanRinHBG
    AlanRinHBG Member Posts: 121
    Glenna M said:

Stayingcalm
    Hi Gregg, I remember you from when I originally started posting in 2009 and I agree, Joe (soccerfreaks) is about the only old timer who posts regularly now. Yes, it was a great loss when Deb passed, we all loved and respected her.

Sorry to hear that your cancer is back. Mine came back in June and I am in treatment now, I've had a few set backs (infections and such) which have postponed my treatments but I am going to fight this again with all I've got. My next chemo was to be on the 10th of November but it has been pushed back a week because I have an infection in my bowel that was caused by the antibiotics they had me on earlier. I'm getting Taxol/Carboplatin and so far it has been easier to tolerate than the cisplatin I received in 2009.

I know they can't cure me but am praying that it goes back into remission for several more years. I won't give up this fight yet because I'm not ready to leave my family and those that I love. Every person is different and their decisions are personal and should be respected.

Glenna

Hi Gregg
    Hi Gregg, Sorry to hear about your recurrence. I understand you not wanting anymore chemo. I also know that there are other options. I had inoperable stage IV in upper right lung. After all the rads and chemo, they told me no surgery.. I was derailed in every way. Then they sent me for Cyberknife. It only took 5 sessions. It was with the best people in that business. They also put me on Taxotere. Only 6 treatments spread out over 18 weeks. I handled that really well. I never had a single issue with it. All that was almost 3 years ago. I'm in remission. I think Cyberknife is the miracle that saved me. Ask about it and reads about it. Maybe it would help you too. I miss Deb alot too.
  • Greggriggs
    Glenna M said:

Stayingcalm

Glenna

Thank you
    Hi Glenna.
    Thank you for Deb's Name. I do remember seeing your name on this site.
    It is a rotten shame your body gets better just in time for some more bad stuff.
    Glenna I did carbo an taxol it is nasty stuff but I am still here after five an a half years.
    So go for it...
    I guess I will just play it by ear.
    Five years ago I was 65 now 70 I still walk two miles a day but a lot of the fight is gone.
    I have alot of blood problems an had pneumonia two times in one year ,an I don't like hospitals.
    I am going to say a big prayer for you an both of us will just fight untill we beat this beast.
    God bless ya Glenna
    Greg
  • Glenna M
    Glenna M Member Posts: 1,576

Thank you
    Hi Glenna.
    Thank you for Deb's Name. I do remember seeing your name on this site.
    It is a rotten shame your body gets better just in time for some more bad stuff.
    Glenna I did carbo an taxol it is nasty stuff but I am still here after five an a half years.
    So go for it...
    I guess I will just play it by ear.
    Five years ago I was 65 now 70 I still walk two miles a day but a lot of the fight is gone.
    I have alot of blood problems an had pneumonia two times in one year ,an I don't like hospitals.
    I am going to say a big prayer for you an both of us will just fight untill we beat this beast.
    God bless ya Glenna
    Greg

Greg
    I know what you mean, I was starting to feel so much better then it all started going down hill. Praying that the carbo/taxol will buy me at least five and a half years like it did you.

I'll be 58 next month and just don't feel that I'm ready to leave the ones I love so I will continue the fight. It's a little harder this time than it was 2 years ago but hopefully everything will work out for me and I will be around to enjoy my grandkids for a while longer.

I will pray for both of us also that we win this battle again.

Stay strong and may God bless you also.
    Glenna
  • granny maggie
    granny maggie Member Posts: 15
    Glenna M said:

Greg
    I know what you mean, I was starting to feel so much better then it all started going down hill. Praying that the carbo/taxol will buy me at least five and a half years like it did you.

I'll be 58 next month and just don't feel that I'm ready to leave the ones I love so I will continue the fight. It's a little harder this time than it was 2 years ago but hopefully everything will work out for me and I will be around to enjoy my grandkids for a while longer.

I will pray for both of us also that we win this battle again.

Stay strong and may God bless you also.
    Glenna

greg
    Greg try to stay positive. I am 75 years old old and this is my 4th go round with the dreaded cancer. I've had chemo twice and cyber knife twice and I won't give up. The chemo this time really did a number on my white blood cells so I was in the hospital twice until they gave me neulasta which helped. My son lives in Las Vegas and he was 50 on October 27 and I swore I'd be there if I had to walk so My lung dr. and oncologist made it possible. I'm on oxygen 24/7 so I had to rent a portable oxygen to fly but it was worth it. I WILL NOT LET CANCER GET ME.....I'm going to my lung dr this Friday and I want to stay on steroids because it's the only way I can function without having problems. I have 6 grandsons and 3 wonderful kids and I'm not ready to leave them I still have things to do. PRAY AND STAY STRONG....GOOD LUCK
  • Greggriggs

greg
    Greg try to stay positive. I am 75 years old old and this is my 4th go round with the dreaded cancer. I've had chemo twice and cyber knife twice and I won't give up. The chemo this time really did a number on my white blood cells so I was in the hospital twice until they gave me neulasta which helped. My son lives in Las Vegas and he was 50 on October 27 and I swore I'd be there if I had to walk so My lung dr. and oncologist made it possible. I'm on oxygen 24/7 so I had to rent a portable oxygen to fly but it was worth it. I WILL NOT LET CANCER GET ME.....I'm going to my lung dr this Friday and I want to stay on steroids because it's the only way I can function without having problems. I have 6 grandsons and 3 wonderful kids and I'm not ready to leave them I still have things to do. PRAY AND STAY STRONG....GOOD LUCK

Go around
    I guess I better shut up golly forth time .
    I am going to call you Maggie is that Ok???
    I have 6 grandsons an one granddaughter.
    One of my daughters lives with me and her two children.
    Thy keep ya going.
    Maggie my sister is on the steroids and she says the same thing she can't function with out them.
    I walk two miles a day I don't know how long I will be able to keep it up but I will just keep fighting like you.
    I feel sorry for my Jeanie she has been putting up with me for almost six years.
    God bless her.
    We have been married 52 years.
    Any Maggie you keep up the fight bless you an your family
    Greg
  • granny maggie
    granny maggie Member Posts: 15

Go around
    I guess I better shut up golly forth time .
    I am going to call you Maggie is that Ok???
    I have 6 grandsons an one granddaughter.
    One of my daughters lives with me and her two children.
    Thy keep ya going.
    Maggie my sister is on the steroids and she says the same thing she can't function with out them.
    I walk two miles a day I don't know how long I will be able to keep it up but I will just keep fighting like you.
    I feel sorry for my Jeanie she has been putting up with me for almost six years.
    God bless her.
    We have been married 52 years.
    Any Maggie you keep up the fight bless you an your family
    Greg

thanks for the info
    Thanks for the info on your sister because without the steroids I would be a couch potato and that's not for me. I've had squamous cell cancer and emphysema since 2007 and I feel sort of lucky because the tumors are only one or two each time so I was able to have cyberknife which was great, 5 days 2 hours each treatment and your done. The tomor was in the airway so I guess that why they use that option. Anyhow bless the grandkids ages 16-15-13-8-6-2 they do keep you going infact they start basketball in a few weeks and I can't wait. I missed the baseball season because of the Chemo and Chicago weather the wind and terrible weather we had this year was a bummer. I had a lobectomy, wedge resection on the left lung and now it's in my right lung so infact I had a cat scan in Oct. and I have a groundglass infiltrate in the right lung so you know how mind works it's like here we go again BUT I'll keep fighting I'm 100 percent Irish and you know we're stubborn. Let's hang in there and pray alot and enjoy every day. Sounds good to me. I'm not real good on the computer so if I miss words or whatever sorry. Maggie is just fine.
  • Greggriggs

thanks for the info
    Thanks for the info on your sister because without the steroids I would be a couch potato and that's not for me. I've had squamous cell cancer and emphysema since 2007 and I feel sort of lucky because the tumors are only one or two each time so I was able to have cyberknife which was great, 5 days 2 hours each treatment and your done. The tomor was in the airway so I guess that why they use that option. Anyhow bless the grandkids ages 16-15-13-8-6-2 they do keep you going infact they start basketball in a few weeks and I can't wait. I missed the baseball season because of the Chemo and Chicago weather the wind and terrible weather we had this year was a bummer. I had a lobectomy, wedge resection on the left lung and now it's in my right lung so infact I had a cat scan in Oct. and I have a groundglass infiltrate in the right lung so you know how mind works it's like here we go again BUT I'll keep fighting I'm 100 percent Irish and you know we're stubborn. Let's hang in there and pray alot and enjoy every day. Sounds good to me. I'm not real good on the computer so if I miss words or whatever sorry. Maggie is just fine.

MIss a word
    Golly Maggie.
    I should re read my posts but I don't ... Makes me laugh when I do.
    Social studies was never one of my favorite things in school.
    Fact is I did not like school.
    I know what ya mean by here we go again.
    Stinkin Cancer it never leaves your mind .Soon as I put my feet on the floor I think Cancer.
    They told me after the surgery i had 85% of my left lung blocked .
    They removed my left lung.
    Ya know I am not on oxygen I get winded but my oxygen level is 98 .
    I was on prednisone for my back but It does help ya breath .
    I quit taking it but every once in awhile i just take forty MIll just for fun.
    I don't know about the cyberknife but maybe they could use it on me...
    Start by cutting of my head. Lets see Maggie I have 29 27 26 13 11 an 3 year old great grandson. an one granddaughter spoiled 8 year old.
    the two young ones live with me.
    ME being a navy brat I lived in Grate lakes and Waukegan
    I was 13 so it has probably change but not the wind.
    I was born i Montana but I think chicago was the coldest place I ever lived.
    God bless you and your family
    Greg
  • catcon49
    catcon49 Member Posts: 398

MIss a word
    Golly Maggie.
    I should re read my posts but I don't ... Makes me laugh when I do.
    Social studies was never one of my favorite things in school.
    Fact is I did not like school.
    I know what ya mean by here we go again.
    Stinkin Cancer it never leaves your mind .Soon as I put my feet on the floor I think Cancer.
    They told me after the surgery i had 85% of my left lung blocked .
    They removed my left lung.
    Ya know I am not on oxygen I get winded but my oxygen level is 98 .
    I was on prednisone for my back but It does help ya breath .
    I quit taking it but every once in awhile i just take forty MIll just for fun.
    I don't know about the cyberknife but maybe they could use it on me...
    Start by cutting of my head. Lets see Maggie I have 29 27 26 13 11 an 3 year old great grandson. an one granddaughter spoiled 8 year old.
    the two young ones live with me.
    ME being a navy brat I lived in Grate lakes and Waukegan
    I was 13 so it has probably change but not the wind.
    I was born i Montana but I think chicago was the coldest place I ever lived.
    God bless you and your family
    Greg

hi greg
    I remember you also gregg. I too am sorry that you have to struggle with the cancer coming back. My mom 79 years old has ovarian cancer that came back. She only took 3 out of six chemo treatments. So far it has helped. But she has decided that was it no more. So, while I understand and respect her decision, I'm not in total agreement with it. But of course I am younger. Hope everything goes well for you. God Bless and I will remember you in my prayers
  • soccerfreaks
    soccerfreaks Member Posts: 2,788 Member
    Howdy, gregg
    Her name was Deb and she is dearly missed.

Sorry to hear of your cancer's return and hope you will not be too quick in shutting down your options. I know that there comes a time, but right now, truly, they are coming up with new options every day, even things as simple as adjusting chemotherapy cocktails to make them easier to tolerate. Stayingcalm, in fact, was rather famous for trying the new stuff as it appeared, with one goal in mind, I surmise, to continue to live a quality life.

Get all of the information you can, Gregg, before folding the tent.

Take care,

Joe
  • Greggriggs

Howdy, gregg

Sorry to hear of your cancer's return and hope you will not be too quick in shutting down your options. I know that there comes a time, but right now, truly, they are coming up with new options every day, even things as simple as adjusting chemotherapy cocktails to make them easier to tolerate. Stayingcalm, in fact, was rather famous for trying the new stuff as it appeared, with one goal in mind, I surmise, to continue to live a quality life.

Take care,

Joe

You betcha
    Hi Joe.
    Deb was one of a kind . She used to come over to cancer survivors net once in a while.
    She will be missed .
    How have you been doing?
    No I ain't going to fold up no tents.
    I try to keep going as much as I can . Still get up an walk two miles then just kill the rest of the day doing what ever keeps me busy.
    I have been losing blood some where in me and they haven't found it . So got some pets and endoscopy things .I let it all go for two years maybe I shouldn't have .
    It was good to see your name .
    Thanks for all the support.
    Greg
  • Greggriggs

Howdy, gregg

Take care,

Joe

You betcha
    Hi Joe.
    Deb was one of a kind . She used to come over to cancer survivors net once in a while.
    She will be missed .
    How have you been doing?
    I try to keep going as much as I can . Still get up an walk two miles then just kill the rest of the day doing what ever keeps me busy.
    I have been losing blood some where in me and they haven't found it . So got some pets and endoscopy things .I let it all go for two years maybe I shouldn't have .
    Greg
  • soccerfreaks
    soccerfreaks Member Posts: 2,788 Member

You betcha
    Hi Joe.
    She will be missed .
    How have you been doing?
    Greg

Yep
    Went through the same thing Greg, endoscopies looking for iny bleeds in the gasro area. So far they have have found nothing and I figure that if they keep looking, they'll MAKE the damn holes themselves :)

Glad to hear, really glad to hear, that you still have that can-do attitude. I know it gets hard from time to time.

Take care,

Joe
  • Happy22
    Happy22 Member Posts: 18
    Future for us?
    I was encouraged that you are still fighting the fight. He was diagnosed in July 2011.
    Lung cancer gone to the spine - no symptoms until then. Pain like a pulled muscle.
    He is blind too making it hard. He is discouraged but determined to fight back!
    So weak. He had a colostomy emergency surgery 7/31 but no sign of cancer there.
    What a dear man - any words of wisdom for us?
  • Greggriggs
    Happy22 said:

Future for us?
    I was encouraged that you are still fighting the fight. He was diagnosed in July 2011.
    Lung cancer gone to the spine - no symptoms until then. Pain like a pulled muscle.

Words
    Hi
    I sometimes think cancer has no pain until you find out you have it and where it is .
    Your mind speeds up the cancer.
    I had symptoms in 2005 but just let it go.
    They removed my lung in 2006.
    I was up walking in six weeks I walked 2 miles a day.
    Then I did Chemo have not been the same since.
    But you can not quit.
    No matter what don't give up.
    Both of you have to fight .
    Your husband has a hand full .
    Some say vitamins herbs an such they never did me any good but what ever makes you mind work do it.
    All the Prayers you can get will help.
    And I will say one for you tonight.
    God bless you both
    Greg
  • Greggriggs
    Happy22 said:

Future for us?

Words
    Hi
    I sometimes think cancer has no pain until you find out you have it and where it is .
    Your mind speeds up the cancer.
    I had symptoms in 2005 but just let it go.
    They removed my lung in 2006.
    I was up walking in six weeks I walked 2 miles a day.
    Then I did Chemo have not been the same since.
    But you can not quit.
    No matter what don't give up.
    Both of you have to fight .
    Your husband has a hand full .
    Some say vitamins herbs an such they never did me any good but what ever makes you mind work do it.
    All the Prayers you can get will help.
    And I will say one for you tonight.
    God bless you both
    Greg