Anyone know about this?

rocket baby
rocket baby Member Posts: 22
My husband was dx with stage III lung cancer in 2007. He went into remission after chemo and radiation treatments. He's been doing well until the last couple of months. He is now coughing terribly again. When he coughs very hard he seems to have like a mini seizure where he loses control of his arm. It gets weak and starts shaking. Sometimes it's both arms, but mostly just the right. I am worried that there is pressure somewhere on his brain. Has anyone had this happen before? Michele

Comments

• dennycee
    dennycee Member Posts: 857 Member
    Contact your internist and
    Contact your internist and oncologists immediately, see if you can get in for appointment right away or tell them you would like to go to the ER for immediate evaluation. This may be nothing but you can't be sure until you have been seen. You will both feel better when you have done this. Even if it is a relapse, you will be moving proactively, you may have more treatment options. My prayers are with you.
  • rocket baby
    rocket baby Member Posts: 22
    dennycee said:

Contact your internist and
    Contact your internist and oncologists immediately, see if you can get in for appointment right away or tell them you would like to go to the ER for immediate evaluation. This may be nothing but you can't be sure until you have been seen. You will both feel better when you have done this. Even if it is a relapse, you will be moving proactively, you may have more treatment options. My prayers are with you.

Thanks Dennycee for the
    Thanks Dennycee for the support. Unfortunately, my husband is kind of difficult to get to the drs. He has an appt. in November the day after Thanksgiving. I think he's just really scared and doesn't want to know. I of course suspect the worst because everything is almost identical to what happened in 2007. I'll just keep prodding him...that's all I can do. He's a big boy and responsible for his own healthcare. Thanks again for the prayers.
  • KLScoville
    KLScoville Member Posts: 161 Member

Thanks Dennycee for the
    Thanks Dennycee for the support. Unfortunately, my husband is kind of difficult to get to the drs. He has an appt. in November the day after Thanksgiving. I think he's just really scared and doesn't want to know. I of course suspect the worst because everything is almost identical to what happened in 2007. I'll just keep prodding him...that's all I can do. He's a big boy and responsible for his own healthcare. Thanks again for the prayers.

got one of those too
    Hey Michelle,

I have one of those stubborn husbands too. Unless they can't decide for themselves then we are powerless. I wish that I could tell you how to handle it but I have never experienced that. At this stage with my husband he is no longer able to make decisions. He is hardly awake and is very confused. Yesterday I had to do something with NASA...still haven't figured that one out yet. As he is nearing the end of his journey he is hanging on. I pray that your husband goes and finds out what is going on. Because my husband has been stubborn all his life guess where that has gotten him...right here bed bound, unconscience, hallucinating and dieing. Is that what your husband wants? I wouldn't think so. Tell him that being stubborn will not make it go away, it will only get worse. Sorry to be so blunt but I absolutely HATE CANCER!!! It is taking my stubborn husband away from me and if he would of went to the doctor back in 2005 he wouldn't be here dieing!

Again sorry for being so blunt.

My prayers are with you and your husband, God Bless!
    Take care!

~Kelly