The surgery is behind me now!

neenee3
neenee3 Member Posts: 28
edited October 2011 in Kidney Cancer #1
Had my surgery yesterday and they were able to do it laproscopically. They were going to release me today but I wasn't quite ready... have a 3 hour drive home so will be released tomorrow morning. Looks like everything was contained in my kidney! Thanks again for all your support and words of wisdom!

Comments

• garym
    garym Member Posts: 1,647
    Welcome back!!
    Hi neenee,

I did not expect to hear from you so soon, good to learn everything went well. To borrow a line from the iceman "Now that wasn't so bad was it?" yeah right. Lay low for a couple weeks, get plenty of rest, and enjoy all the attention you'll be getting, especially from the little ones. Pretty soon things will be back to normal and now, you have many many years of "normal" to look forward to.

A fellow survivor,

Gary
  • ams123
    ams123 Member Posts: 71
    Yay!
    NeeNee - so glad to hear you are doing well, and that the surgery was successful! Yay yay yay!!!! My one bit of advice - don't think you are superwoman and go back to work after 2 weeks, like I did. Even though it was laparoscopic and doesn't seem like much, I think after 6 weeks I have finally convinced myself that this is major surgery. Have a safe trip home, and get a lot of rest.

Linda
  • Rayman NY
    Rayman NY Member Posts: 12
    Good News
    Good to hear that everything was contained in your Kidney. Today is six weeks since I had my open partial nephrectomy where doc removed 8.5cm tumor. As I have learned, get plenty of rest, drink plenty of water and take one step at a time.

Prayers for a speedy recovery !!!

Rayman
  • Vagusto
    Vagusto Member Posts: 86
    Glad to hear that things
    Glad to hear that things went well. Take care of yourself, rest up.
    Valerie
  • KatfromFlorida
    KatfromFlorida Member Posts: 66
    Good to hear
    Dear NeeNee:

Welcome back !!! Glad to hear all went well. Rest alot, try to get a bit of exercise and remember that the potty fairy will EVENTUALLY come to visit lol :)
    Many prayers

Hugs
    Kat
  • Minnesota Girl
    Minnesota Girl Member Posts: 119
    Hooray!
    Glad you have your surgery behind you. Take care of yourself and continue to heal - physically, emotionally and spiritually. It all takes time, but it will come!
  • neenee3
    neenee3 Member Posts: 28
    Is this a dream... I was diagnosed on September 30th. Here I am already with the surgery behind me. I've learned a lot but still have a lot more to learn. Next week we will learn exactly what we're dealing with when the pathology report is in but for now.... I've learned so much from the people around me. I'm blessed beyond measure with the support of so many... it's truly humbling. I have the most AMAZING FAMILY and FRIENDS! I was prepared before and after surgery from all I learned HERE, from my NEW FRIENDS and FELLOW WARRIORS! Thank you once again for all you words of wisdom and encouragement!!! I haven't run into anything yet that I didn't expect because of all of you. Yeah, I'm uncomfortable but I expected that. Got to shower today... it was heavenly!!! I'm sore but very HAPPY, I have a chance for NORMAL again!!! HOORAY!!!

Love and Prayers to all,
    Debbie

P.S. The power of prayer is truly AMAZING!!!