Has anyone survived stage 4 stomach cancer?

Comments

• kamalravi
    kamalravi Member Posts: 1
    idedona said:

hi nicole
    i couldn't help but notice that your husband's cancer is very similar to my brother who also has stomach cancer and who is also 35. please read my post i sent to Rickyc10 on the topic of dormant stomach cancer. it is very important and very imformative.
    best wishes
    iliana

Need info
    Hi
    just saw your post my husband 40 yesrs only :( is diagnosed with stomach cancer stage4 this year in April. we started his chemo already completed 2 cycles and he got postivite result from first 2 cycles. but chemo is tough on him he is loosing lot of weight. i swa your mention about sending some info to some one else can you share that info with me also. and any help in dielt which can boost his immune system also will also be very very Help full.

Thanks
    Kamal
  • superdad58
    superdad58 Member Posts: 4
    jenene said:

My husband has stage IV
    My husband has stage IV stomach cancer. He is currently undergoing chemo. We live in Maple Valley, Wa. Very close to you. Maybe somehow we can get together. I'm sure we have similar stories and heartbreaks we can talk about. Unfortunately for my husband surgery is not an option.

Husband Stage 4 post-gastrectomy Maple Valley
    Jenene-

I found your post from January 2011 in response to mine. I haven't been on this board since my original post due to complications in my husband's treatment. He has been through hell and I haven't had time to breathe. We live in Maple Valley too! (Renton postal address) My children attend Tahoma schools. Husband is being treated at Seattle Cancer Care Alliance. Multiple mets to bone just discovered by CT and bone scan on June 27. How is your husband doing?? I would really like to contact you off-line and share information and hope. Don't know the protocol on this board about sharing personal email or phone number. Do you??

superdad58
  • superdad58
    superdad58 Member Posts: 4
    jenene said:

My husband has stage IV
    My husband has stage IV stomach cancer. He is currently undergoing chemo. We live in Maple Valley, Wa. Very close to you. Maybe somehow we can get together. I'm sure we have similar stories and heartbreaks we can talk about. Unfortunately for my husband surgery is not an option.

Husbands Stage 4 in Maple valley
    Jenene -

Looks like others have left phone numbers here. You can call or text me at: (206) 849-3959 or email: kazemi10@comcast.net

We live in Maple Valley about 10 minutes away from Shadow Lake Elementary. My husband now in stage 4 after discovery of multiple bone mets. Would really like for you to contact me.

superdad58
  • PVAL
    PVAL Member Posts: 1
    OCTOMAN said:

stomach cancer
    just to say 7 years ago I was diagnoesed with stomach cancer which had spread to my liver and kidneys,so no surgery possible or radiation either.My cancers do not respond to it.so chemo was the only option.But Ilive in England where treatment is free,so long waiting lists. So I too went to the immune system,fruit,exersize and no meat but I also went for no stress and plenty of relaxation I must not get tense,lose my temper,get angry,ect.after 2 years no chemo I had a PET scan(The travelling PET scan,was in a big van) had arrived in my town the scan showed the liver and kidney cancers were dormant but my stomach cancer was still active.So had immune system boosting worked,or was the surgeon's opinion I had liver and kidney cancers wrong that my late diagnoses meant the cancer had spread? (I had my first symtoms 12years ago and a barium meal and x-ray test,the diagnoses was I did not show a cancer only inflamation.I went on for heart tests then they found my heart was in great shape.Psychological tests.Any way,this is my experience,make of it what you will.Did you know they are working on a vaccine for cancer treatment that would help the immune system PS They wanted to remove my stomach and investigate my liver,after the PET scan result.But I would only agree to the cancer removal, they did not agree to that. They believed in maximum treatment.They have lost a lot of court cases through under treatment. by the way I will be eighty next year.I presume.

Stage IV Stomach Cancer
    Hi, my husband was diagnosed with stomach cancer stage IV on march of this year, of course surgery was not an option and he was only offered chemo but he doesn't believe in chemo because is very toxic for your body, he is doing an alternative treatment, is called the Gerson Therapy, based on organic food, 13 juices per day and supplements, he was given 3 to 6 months to live without chemo or 12 to 18 months with chemo. I wanted to know how you are doing with your immune system boosting, any improvements on your stomach?
    And for anyone else that is reading this, have you heard of the Gerson Therapy? Or what about the Burzynski Clinic? I am trying to find out what is the best option for my husband and this is not an easy choice.
    Thank you for any response.
  • rarph123
    rarph123 Member Posts: 64
    jenene said:

same story
    My husband is also 38 and just found out he has stage IV cancer which has spread to the liver. He is about to start his first round of chemo tomorrow. It doesn't look good. He is pretty much ready to die which is not good. I have a 3 and 1/2 year old dughter. If you want to ever talk let me know. I live in Washington state.

stomache cancer
    Friday I was getting my daily dose of chemo and a lady came into the room and thru. conv. she said she had stomache cancer.The cemo drug she was getting was a dark red solution that is I.V fed @2 or 3 times a week.Rest of the time she takes pill form of chemo.
    This is Providence Hosp in Everett WA.This place is one of the newest Cancer Centers in WA. ST.with the latest up to date equip. Take care
  • marie_and_mom
    marie_and_mom Member Posts: 1
    darthpaul said:

survior of stage 4 stoumach cancer
    hi my name is paul i was dig. on 09-09-09 lol wow what a lucky number huh , i did 4 different chemo every three weeks for five months , i went from 190lbs to 150 lbs in a month i thought life was over until a started talking to others who have stage 4 cancers , then i made a decission I WANT TO LIVE ! so i fought back my additude changed i became more loving and caring towards others i found a humor that has been a big thing against this diseae of mine , i try to help others everyday , i pray before i get out of bed ( having a god to pray to has been a very big dealfor me ) , i use to play the rocky theme song to motivate me there is so much i can say but my fav. qoutes are ....f*ck cancer .... and chemo is what all the cool kids are doing lol sorry but this is the humor i have to have to fight!!! call me if you need im hear 619-905-5477 or go on to face book and look for paul t legler and ask to add me ...together we can fight this horrible disease!!! , i make my self rewards when i get there like i went to hawaii for my 1 year survior date , at 2 years i am doing it again or take a cruise to alaska ..but this is what i do ! please you are not alone !! we are here for you please contact me on face book . ask your doctor about herceptin it is a antibody that i have been on since my chemo treatments.........god bless all of us

Thanks Paul
    Your situation sounds a lot like my mothers. She's 62 this year,..was diagnosed in 2008. Had chemo, stage 4 stomach cancer, inoperable tumor, no radiation. Went into remission 1 year post chemo,..mets to liver and pancreas. Cancer returned earlier this year, Jan 2011, only w/ the tumor in the stomach, no where else for now (crossing fingers) She's depressed on most days...even w/ family support and medication. We have changed her diet, placed her on organic everything, and doing the cancer fighting foods.
    I'm mostly writing because you actually put your phone number up knowing how crazy the internet can be,...yet you did it for those with this cancer. It meant a lot to my mom and she wanted me, and I wanted to email you/friend you per facebook (if you're wondering who I am). She's korean but very Americanized:),..just not computer literate.:) Just wanted to give you a heads up on the request and to have some link into the world of my mother's. Sometimes I get caught up in it being just between us and the family...helps to see the rest of the world who have more in common with her than we see on most days. God bless, and always, always, many more blessings. --Marie--
  • Sarah1991
    Sarah1991 Member Posts: 1
    Jesdream said:

THIS MIGHT HELP......
    My mother has stage 4 stomach cancer. I had just found out about two months ago and now she is in a special facility where they make you feel comfortable. The doctor says she does not have long to live. I know the pain you are going through with your brother. My mother suffers pain everyday and is fearful about death. A friend of mine that I met a month ago named Anetta told me how she beat stage 3 cancer which was in her arms and breast. She had a lump the size of a golf ball in her breast and the doctor said eventually they would have to operate. The advice another doctor gave her, was to get a juicer and juice 9 glasses of vegetable juice, berries, tomatos, greens and eat healthy. Well Anetta did that and by the time she had to get checked again the cancer in her arms was gone and the lump sized down to a peanut. So the doctor took the lump out and it has been 10 years now and the Cancer has not come back. Also, alot of people all over the world was praying for her. Anetta's father is a preacher. I hope this helps you. Read Psalm 118 and 91 over your brother everyday. I pray that God would heal your brother and stop the pain. See what happens!! God Bless

B17
    My mom was diagnosed with stage 4 gastric cancer just a few weeks ago. She is 50 and was a very healthy lady with high spirits. She ate well and had a good appetite. But she started having severe indigestion, back pains, and constipation to the point where she wouldn't eat anything for 3 days and feel bloated from even drinking water. We finally went to the hospital and they drained her stomach through NG tube to get an endoscopy and found an occlusion before her duodenum. With extensive scans, bypass, and exploratory surgery, we found it had spread to her small intestine, gallbladder, pancreas, and liver. Because it had spread too much the doctors weren't able to take any of it out. She can now eat since they did a bypass of her stomach but has trouble eating anything not in liquid form. We're still in shock how someone who was so healthy just few weeks back now has stage 4 cancer..We've been trying to juice every vegetable and making her drink it, but her stomach doesn't allow digestion easily. She gets nauseous and feels very weak. She will be starting chemotherapy soon so she's trying to get stronger but her stomach won't allow her to do so. We're praying everyday for a miracle. I heard a lot of good things about b17, but the powder form is illegal in the states and its natural form is found in a lot of seeds which my mom cannot digest well. Please let me know if there are any other powder/liquid forms of b17 that we could give her! My prayer goes out to everyone fighting this battle
  • Comali
    Comali Member Posts: 2

Gastrectomy in Washington state
    Hi-
    Was searching posts and saw yours about your husband from October. We live in Renton,WA Where in Washington state are you? My husband (58 years old)is fighting stage 3 gastric cancer. We just brought him home yesterday from hospital after a total gastrectomy. Cancer had invaded the muscle layer and was found in 6 of 36 lymph nodes. Aggressive chemo to begin 6 weeks post surgery. Would like to support you and your husband during your cancer struggle. How is he doing?

How are you guys doing?
    I found out that I have stomach cancer last june. I am 45 y.o. I am still in shock. I finished my third cycle of chemio and next monday i will do Ct scam and the doctors will check if I can have surgery or not. They really do not know exacly my stage but it is between stage 3 or 4. I am from washignton too. I am living here in everett, please let me know how he is doing after surgery. I am very scared about the surgery.
  • Comali
    Comali Member Posts: 2
    zukiness said:

TOO YOUNG
    My 32y/o sister was diagnosed 2 weeks ago with stage 4 stomach cancer, mets to the lymph nodes. She had been admitted to a hospital 6 weeks ago with symptoms of pancreatitis and had her gall bladder removed. After release from the hospital, she was still miserable, vomiting and in extreme pain. Ultrasound, mri, ct scan and colonoscopy found nothing. It was the endoscope that found a large tumor growing on the left side. It is pushing into her lungs and back, causing unbearable pain. She cannot keep down 95% of liquids or foods, but the size of the tumor makes her appear like she's very well fed. She has no history of smoking, drinking or drug use. She has 2 young sons and a very supportive, loving and overwhelmed husband. She saw the oncologist yesterday and he wants to run additional scans and tests before starting chemo. She is scheduled to have a port put into her chest and chemo treatments started within 2 weeks. We live 750 miles apart, and I have my own medical problems so it's proving to be difficult to be with her as much as I feel I need to. My 2 children and I just got drove home yesterday from being there for 5 days. I'm going thru the emotions of shock, anger, sadness, denial.... in such vicious cycles.
    I guess I just wanted to jump on here after reading what everyone else was going thru and get acquainted.
    My baby sister is just physically and emotionally broken and seeing her hooked up to oxygen and in so much pain was unbearable. It doesn't look good, statistically, but I can see from some of the above posts that this evil disease is treatable and beatable. I just pray that my sis has some fight left in her. It all happened so suddenly and the diagnosis was completely unexpected as she never has had anything more serious that strep throat in her entire life.
    Thank you for reading my story. I don't have a lot of details but will update and check back on here regularly. I pray that everyone is feeling okay and experiencing miracles in their lives.

hi
    My name is Connie and last june 28 I found out that I have stomach cancer. I did laparoscopy yesterday, nothing out the stomach wall. I will have surgery 11/11/11. I did already 3 cicle of chemio and after surgery i will do 3 more. How are your sister doing? I know how hard it is, sometimes I feel tottaly lost, no hope at all, my family and friends give all the support i need but it is difficult sometimes. I have 3 childrens, the youngest is 8 y.o It has been tough in everybody.
    My prayers for you, your sister and your family .Connie
  • liveinhope
    liveinhope Member Posts: 83
    Comali said:

hi
    My name is Connie and last june 28 I found out that I have stomach cancer. I did laparoscopy yesterday, nothing out the stomach wall. I will have surgery 11/11/11. I did already 3 cicle of chemio and after surgery i will do 3 more. How are your sister doing? I know how hard it is, sometimes I feel tottaly lost, no hope at all, my family and friends give all the support i need but it is difficult sometimes. I have 3 childrens, the youngest is 8 y.o It has been tough in everybody.

Hi Connie,I was glad to read
    Hi Connie,I was glad to read your 2nd mail which says the tumour is limited to the stomach.That really really makes your situation much brighter.And that's where my son at 30 was in August 09.He had his stomach resection 2 years ago and is doing well.He is now gradually able to eat larger portions and has started putting on weight.
    You have so much to live for.Give this disease a good fight.Try and get in as much food as possible before surgery.Also learn to eat very frequently-round the clock if possible for that's what you will have to do ahead.All the very best to you.Keep your spirits up.We are all there for you.Love
    Nisha
  • yohab
    yohab Member Posts: 16
    zukiness said:

TOO YOUNG
    My 32y/o sister was diagnosed 2 weeks ago with stage 4 stomach cancer, mets to the lymph nodes. She had been admitted to a hospital 6 weeks ago with symptoms of pancreatitis and had her gall bladder removed. After release from the hospital, she was still miserable, vomiting and in extreme pain. Ultrasound, mri, ct scan and colonoscopy found nothing. It was the endoscope that found a large tumor growing on the left side. It is pushing into her lungs and back, causing unbearable pain. She cannot keep down 95% of liquids or foods, but the size of the tumor makes her appear like she's very well fed. She has no history of smoking, drinking or drug use. She has 2 young sons and a very supportive, loving and overwhelmed husband. She saw the oncologist yesterday and he wants to run additional scans and tests before starting chemo. She is scheduled to have a port put into her chest and chemo treatments started within 2 weeks. We live 750 miles apart, and I have my own medical problems so it's proving to be difficult to be with her as much as I feel I need to. My 2 children and I just got drove home yesterday from being there for 5 days. I'm going thru the emotions of shock, anger, sadness, denial.... in such vicious cycles.
    I guess I just wanted to jump on here after reading what everyone else was going thru and get acquainted.
    My baby sister is just physically and emotionally broken and seeing her hooked up to oxygen and in so much pain was unbearable. It doesn't look good, statistically, but I can see from some of the above posts that this evil disease is treatable and beatable. I just pray that my sis has some fight left in her. It all happened so suddenly and the diagnosis was completely unexpected as she never has had anything more serious that strep throat in her entire life.
    Thank you for reading my story. I don't have a lot of details but will update and check back on here regularly. I pray that everyone is feeling okay and experiencing miracles in their lives.

Stage 4
    Hello Zukiness,
    My husband was also diagnosed with stage 4 gastric CA with mets to the lymph nodes, liver and lungs about 4 weeks ago. He is only 40 yrs old and we have 2 girls, 6 and 4 yrs old. He had his first round of chemo last week and he has been sick to his stomach all the time and cant keep anything down. What is your sister's experience with her Chemo and how is she handling the side effects. And how is she doing now? I would be very greatful if you can respond to this.
  • yohab
    OCTOMAN said:

stomach cancer
    Yes I have survived stomach cancer for seven years I am eighty next years I always relate my age to my goal of living to eighty.psychology,you will need it to survive cancer,funny stuff,your own body attacking it self , Just this evening posted a revue of my experiences user name octoman. I find I should not continue I was up playing golf 14 hours ago if you have cancer do not push your self as I am doing.I will comment again.if you have a query.best wishes from England.

Inqueries
    Hello Octoman,
    My husband who is 40 yrs old was just diagnosed with stage 4 gastric CA. Your post is very encouraging. May I know your experiences about treatments and how are you doing now. Would be very happy to hear from you. Thank you very much.
  • yohab
    Sarah1991 said:

B17
    My mom was diagnosed with stage 4 gastric cancer just a few weeks ago. She is 50 and was a very healthy lady with high spirits. She ate well and had a good appetite. But she started having severe indigestion, back pains, and constipation to the point where she wouldn't eat anything for 3 days and feel bloated from even drinking water. We finally went to the hospital and they drained her stomach through NG tube to get an endoscopy and found an occlusion before her duodenum. With extensive scans, bypass, and exploratory surgery, we found it had spread to her small intestine, gallbladder, pancreas, and liver. Because it had spread too much the doctors weren't able to take any of it out. She can now eat since they did a bypass of her stomach but has trouble eating anything not in liquid form. We're still in shock how someone who was so healthy just few weeks back now has stage 4 cancer..We've been trying to juice every vegetable and making her drink it, but her stomach doesn't allow digestion easily. She gets nauseous and feels very weak. She will be starting chemotherapy soon so she's trying to get stronger but her stomach won't allow her to do so. We're praying everyday for a miracle. I heard a lot of good things about b17, but the powder form is illegal in the states and its natural form is found in a lot of seeds which my mom cannot digest well. Please let me know if there are any other powder/liquid forms of b17 that we could give her! My prayer goes out to everyone fighting this battle

Stage 4
    He Sarrah,
    My husband was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer with mets to the lymphnodes, liver and lungs about 4 weeks ago. He had his first chemotherapy treatment last week and he is now vomiting all the time. How is your mother now and what are your experiences on her treatment and how she overcomes the side effects. would be very thankful if you can respond to my post. Thank you. Also, does your mom have a G-tube or J-tube that is used to feed her or is she able to feed orally still?
  • yohab
    OCTOMAN said:

stomach cancer
    just to say 7 years ago I was diagnoesed with stomach cancer which had spread to my liver and kidneys,so no surgery possible or radiation either.My cancers do not respond to it.so chemo was the only option.But Ilive in England where treatment is free,so long waiting lists. So I too went to the immune system,fruit,exersize and no meat but I also went for no stress and plenty of relaxation I must not get tense,lose my temper,get angry,ect.after 2 years no chemo I had a PET scan(The travelling PET scan,was in a big van) had arrived in my town the scan showed the liver and kidney cancers were dormant but my stomach cancer was still active.So had immune system boosting worked,or was the surgeon's opinion I had liver and kidney cancers wrong that my late diagnoses meant the cancer had spread? (I had my first symtoms 12years ago and a barium meal and x-ray test,the diagnoses was I did not show a cancer only inflamation.I went on for heart tests then they found my heart was in great shape.Psychological tests.Any way,this is my experience,make of it what you will.Did you know they are working on a vaccine for cancer treatment that would help the immune system PS They wanted to remove my stomach and investigate my liver,after the PET scan result.But I would only agree to the cancer removal, they did not agree to that. They believed in maximum treatment.They have lost a lot of court cases through under treatment. by the way I will be eighty next year.I presume.

Hello Octoman,
    I hope this

Hello Octoman,
    I hope this finds you. My husband is recently diagnosed with stage 4 Gastric CA. Please respond to my post if you can. I just want to know ho0w you are doing.
  • katgam
    katgam Member Posts: 1
    jenene said:

same story
    My husband is also 38 and just found out he has stage IV cancer which has spread to the liver. He is about to start his first round of chemo tomorrow. It doesn't look good. He is pretty much ready to die which is not good. I have a 3 and 1/2 year old dughter. If you want to ever talk let me know. I live in Washington state.

same story
    dont ever give up....

find out all you can about his cancer...
    is it adenocarcinoma....have you had a biopsy and tested for "Her-2" protein...

Faith....we have been battleing with stage for for 25 months...all things are possible...

learn all you can and stay focued on life...

Prayers for you..
  • sangitat
    sangitat Member Posts: 2
    Comali said:

hi

need to talk to sombody who is going through the same situation
    I found out about my stomach cancer on 9/19/11. went through a lot of test after that all negative except for the biopsy taken from stomach lining. Now i am at stage 3 and started my treatment of 3 cycles of chemo, surgery and chemo. I just did 1 cycle of chemo , started 2nd cycle last Monday. If anybody has experience about this, could you please help me.
  • sangitat
    sangitat Member Posts: 2
    Comali said:

hi

I found out about my stomach cancer on 9/19/11. went through a lot of test after that all negative except for the biopsy taken from stomach lining. Now i am at stage 3 and started my treatment of 3 cycles of chemo, surgery and chemo. I just did 1 cycle of chemo , started 2nd cycle last Monday. If anybody has experience about this, could you please help me.
  • redbeard
    redbeard Member Posts: 2
    sangitat said:

stomach cancer
    i started my treatment April of 2010 it was called the magic treatment developed from japan in which i was told has the highest rate of stomach cancer in the world. my cancer also was stage four esophageal an upper stomach, I had nine weeks of intense kemo with a pump 24/7 this shrunk the tumor that was 8.7 centimeters. after this i had four weeks to build up my strength I then had major surgery. [ Total gastro removal] This was 11 days in hospital then four more weeks to regain strength followed by 9 more weeks of kemo an the pump 24/7. It was a tuff road. Get more than one opionion, I was told by the first 2 doctors i had less than 6 months an was an eyelash away from hospice but the third doctor did a few more tests and we started treatment. I eat an go to the bathroom just like normal, I get tested now every six months an so far so good, still cancer free. I live in Grovetown Ga an my doctor is Brent linbaugh from university hospital in Augusta Ga. I'll be glad to talk by phone, email if i can help you with any information. eyassney@yahoo.com call at 7067992961 an remember God is good with him all things are possible
  • redbeard
    redbeard Member Posts: 2
    sangitat said:

stomach cancer
    i started my treatment April of 2010 it was called the magic treatment developed from japan in which i was told has the highest rate of stomach cancer in the world. my cancer also was stage four esophageal an upper stomach, I had nine weeks of intense kemo with a pump 24/7 this shrunk the tumor that was 8.7 centimeters. after this i had four weeks to build up my strength I then had major surgery. [ Total gastro removal] This was 11 days in hospital then four more weeks to regain strength followed by 9 more weeks of kemo an the pump 24/7. It was a tuff road. Get more than one opionion, I was told by the first 2 doctors i had less than 6 months an was an eyelash away from hospice but the third doctor did a few more tests and we started treatment. I eat an go to the bathroom just like normal, I get tested now every six months an so far so good, still cancer free. I live in Grovetown Ga an my doctor is Brent linbaugh from university hospital in Augusta Ga. I'll be glad to talk by phone, email if i can help you with any information. eyassney@yahoo.com call at 7067992961 an remember God is good with him all things are possible
  • goberttike183
    goberttike183 Member Posts: 4
    edited April 2017 #101
    TrudiB said:

Has anyone ever survived stage 4 stomach cancer
    HI, my mother in law was recently disgnosed with stage 4 stomach cancer, which has spread to her liver, doctors realized that she has spot on cancer cells on her liver. she currently has swallowing issues therefore she cannot eat through her mouth, she had a tube inserted in her small intestine to build her system back up in hopes that she will be able to undergo chemotherapy to shrink some of the cells and then do surgey. the doctors however does not know at this point if chemotherapy will be able to help her and they fear that the amount of time it will take to rebuild her system to even do chemo or surgery will be too long and the disease would have grown rapidly and beyond the point of any help. i am seeking some form of advice for my family, some survial rates, some information of what we can so to expedite the process, so she can get some form of treatment. i am in need of immediate help.

thanks

Hope she will get better

Hi, one of my friends has the same cancer, at the same stage Two years ago, he was diagnosed as stomach cancer. Now he is very fine. Help your mom get better. [Content removed by CSN Support Team.]