My mom lost her battle to Lung Cancer on September 24, 2011

lparrott30
lparrott30 Member Posts: 10
I did not know where to turn but I just lost my mom two weeks ago to cancer. She was diagnosed in February of this year with lung cancer and the doctors gave her 8 months to live. She lived her life to the fullest and never let anyone aware of what she was going through. She was a brave and strong women and will be truly missed.
I am happy she is no longer suffering however it sadens me to know I will no longer be able to call my mother, she will not see me have my first child or walk down the aisle. I know she is in a better place and I will see her again someday.

Rest In Peace
Love you Mom

Comments

• kado4
    kado4 Member Posts: 80
    My thoughts are with you ...
    I am sorry to hear of your mother's passing.Your love for her is very evident in your writing.Just remember, she is still with you, in your heart.She will be with you forever. You just won't see her in this earthly form.Yes, she is definately in a better place, heaven is better by far.I will pray for you.

Rest easy...Kado.
  • Debbi818
    Debbi818 Member Posts: 10
    Loss
    I am so very sorry to hear about your mother. Having lost my father I understand the hole it leaves in your heart. I do believe your mother is looking down on you and will always be by your side. The pain will soften in time. I still talk to my father and at times feel him guiding me on what to do. Remember, you have all the good parts and love of your mother inside of you.

Debbi
  • Glenna M
    Glenna M Member Posts: 1,576
    So sorry.....
    So sorry you lost your mother at such a young age. Remember all the good times and love and know that she will always be with you.

My best,
    Glenna
  • lparrott30
    kado4 said:

My thoughts are with you ...
    I am sorry to hear of your mother's passing.Your love for her is very evident in your writing.Just remember, she is still with you, in your heart.She will be with you forever. You just won't see her in this earthly form.Yes, she is definately in a better place, heaven is better by far.I will pray for you.

Rest easy...Kado.

Thank you
    Thank you so much for your kind words, I really appreciate it.

lparrott30
  • lparrott30
    Debbi818 said:

Loss
    I am so very sorry to hear about your mother. Having lost my father I understand the hole it leaves in your heart. I do believe your mother is looking down on you and will always be by your side. The pain will soften in time. I still talk to my father and at times feel him guiding me on what to do. Remember, you have all the good parts and love of your mother inside of you.

Debbi

Thank you
    Thank you debbie for your thoughtfulness.

lparrott30
  • lparrott30
    Debbi818 said:

Loss

Debbi

Thank you

lparrott30
  • lparrott30
    Debbi818 said:

Loss

Debbi

Thank you

lparrott30
  • lparrott30
    Debbi818 said:

Loss

Debbi

Thank you

lparrott30
  • lparrott30
    Glenna M said:

So sorry.....
    So sorry you lost your mother at such a young age. Remember all the good times and love and know that she will always be with you.

My best,
    Glenna

Thank you
    Thank you Glenna.

lparrott30
  • mamacita5
    mamacita5 Member Posts: 254 Member

Thank you
    Thank you Glenna.

lparrott30

I am so sorry for you
    I am so sorry for you sweetie. It is hard to be without your mother. I am sure she fought very hard. You must go on, and be the best daughter and mother ever. After awhile you must be happy too. My greatest wish is for my 5 children to go on and have happy lives when my own battle is over.
  • z
    z Member Posts: 1,414 Member
    mamacita5 said:

I am so sorry for you
    I am so sorry for you sweetie. It is hard to be without your mother. I am sure she fought very hard. You must go on, and be the best daughter and mother ever. After awhile you must be happy too. My greatest wish is for my 5 children to go on and have happy lives when my own battle is over.

mamacita and parrot
    Mamacita, That is the sweetest and most loving hope for your children, and I bet that parrots mom wants the same for her. I am sorry parrot for the loss of your mom. Lori
  • laynie11
    laynie11 Member Posts: 36

Thank you
    Thank you Glenna.

lparrott30

Parrot: I'm so sorry for
    Parrot: I'm so sorry for the loss of your Mom. My heart goes out to you and your family.

Gretchen
  • LSDaughter
    LSDaughter Member Posts: 3
    Thinking of You
    I lost my Father 14 years ago and it broke my heart. He has been there with me along the way and I really feel he has guided me. I dream about him from time to time and the dreams seem so very real. I thank God for the memories we had but I sure wish he would have been here to be a part of his grandchildren's lives.

My thoughts are with you in the loss of your dear Mom... my Mom was just diagnosed last week.
  • Thinking of You
    I lost my Father 14 years ago and it broke my heart. He has been there with me along the way and I really feel he has guided me. I dream about him from time to time and the dreams seem so very real. I thank God for the memories we had but I sure wish he would have been here to be a part of his grandchildren's lives.

My thoughts are with you in the loss of your dear Mom... my Mom was just diagnosed last week.

i'm so sorry for your lost
    I understand what you are going through. I lost my mom to bile duct cancer dec/2010 when my daughter was only 1. She was only 58. Shortly after, my dad was diagnosed with stage iv nscl and now he seems to feeling more and more fatique. Life really isn't fair. As if losing one parent enough isn't enough, we have to go throug the pain of seeing another parent suffer less than a year after.

It gets easier as time goes by. Although I miss my mom tremendously, knowing that she's no longer in pain is reassuring.
  • catcon49
    catcon49 Member Posts: 398

i'm so sorry for your lost
    I understand what you are going through. I lost my mom to bile duct cancer dec/2010 when my daughter was only 1. She was only 58. Shortly after, my dad was diagnosed with stage iv nscl and now he seems to feeling more and more fatique. Life really isn't fair. As if losing one parent enough isn't enough, we have to go throug the pain of seeing another parent suffer less than a year after.

It gets easier as time goes by. Although I miss my mom tremendously, knowing that she's no longer in pain is reassuring.

Sorry for your loss
    I'm am so sorry that you have to go through this.It's a very hard thing to lose your mother. No one can repace your mom. But stay strong she would want you to do that. And things do get easier over time.
  • Hope4Marge
    Hope4Marge Member Posts: 74
    Hugs and Strength
    I am glad you found this room and if you need anything, there are very kind people to support you whenever you need us.

So sorry for your loss. May time heal your pain and memories make you smile.
  • grannylove
    grannylove Member Posts: 183
    So sorry
    lparrot30, for the loss of your mother to this dreaded disease. My heart goes out to you. I lost my mother 2 years ago to lung cancer and have recently been diagnosed myself. My mother holds a special place in my heart, (that only a mother can) and I am sure your mother does also. She was very fortunate to have such a loving and caring daughter. May the love and peace of God tenderly touch you and your family. My thoughts and prayers are with you during your time of grief. My sympathies.
    Cheryl
  • lparrott30
    mamacita5 said:

I am so sorry for you

Thank you
    I am trying because I know that is what my mom would want me to do, it gets really hard when something exciting happens and I just want to pick the phone up and call her. Thank you for your response. How long have you lived with cancer?
  • lparrott30

So sorry
    lparrot30, for the loss of your mother to this dreaded disease. My heart goes out to you. I lost my mother 2 years ago to lung cancer and have recently been diagnosed myself. My mother holds a special place in my heart, (that only a mother can) and I am sure your mother does also. She was very fortunate to have such a loving and caring daughter. May the love and peace of God tenderly touch you and your family. My thoughts and prayers are with you during your time of grief. My sympathies.
    Cheryl

Thank you
    Cheryl, Thank you so much for your kind words and thoughtfulness. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family has you face this battle.

Tasha