Anaplastic Astrocytoma, Grade 3

jiggisup
jiggisup Member Posts: 1
I am wondering if someone besides my sister is living with primary brain cancer and has suffered from other cancers as well. She is surviving anaplastic astrocytoma and has been since 1999. In her twenties, per-cancerous polyps were removed from her colon (mom diagnosed with colon cancer at age 46) and at each regularly scheduled colonoscopy since. Surgery, radiation and chemo for the brain cancer. Then ovarian a few years ago and most recently, malignant basal cell melanoma on her head. Radiation necrosis has also been a significant challenge, resulting in seizures, TIAs and recently a stroke.

Comments

• I_Promise
    I_Promise Member Posts: 218 Member
    Polyps and glioma
    My sister has aa3 but has not suffered from any other cancers.

There is a relationship between colon polyps and gliomas. My sister had many uterine polyps and they all came back benign. I have been wondering if there is a correlation. My efforts to find an endocrinologist willing to test my theories has been difficult.

Julia
  • I_Promise
    I_Promise Member Posts: 218 Member
    Polyps and glioma
    My sister has aa3 but has not suffered from any other cancers.

There is a relationship between colon polyps and gliomas. My sister had many uterine polyps and they all came back benign. I have been wondering if there is a correlation. My efforts to find an endocrinologist willing to test my theories has been difficult.

Julia