Thanks

Hi All,

Thank you for your kind and supportive words. I am feeling better today and have had some good sleep.

Cancer for me is like a roller coaster ride. I would not chose to get on the ride, but now that I am, it can be very scary. Mostly I try to just coast along and enjoy my life. But then there are the times when I am rushing down as fast as can be, very scared. The climb back up is slow and before you know it you are at the top looking back down. Each time is scary, and the fear sets in. I know that I will get past each drop off and continue on. It just can be very hard to do. This time felt like I had not even reached the top and was rolling backwards picking up speed. I really hate that feeling.
Can you tell that I don't like heights...

I think that I am a strong person overall, and I need to remind myself that this was a very hard summer. I'm trying.

So, thanks for the boost of encouragement and kind words filled with love. I really needed to hear that. You guys are the best.

Peaceful healing
Lisha

Comments

• dixiegirl
    dixiegirl Member Posts: 1,043 Member
    :)
    You are very welcome lady!! Maybe I'll run into in chat tonight!

Take care lovely woman!

Beth
  • forme
    forme Member Posts: 1,161 Member
    dixiegirl said:

:)
    You are very welcome lady!! Maybe I'll run into in chat tonight!

Take care lovely woman!

Beth

take care
    Hi Beth,

You take good care too. I have been thinking of you a lot lately. You must be nearing your 100 day mark. Only good and positive thoughts coming your way this week and always. Scans are so stressful and the waiting for results is too. Glad that you get yours the next day.

I'll be keeping you close to my heart.

Lisha
  • allmost60
    allmost60 Member Posts: 3,178 Member
    forme said:

take care
    Hi Beth,

You take good care too. I have been thinking of you a lot lately. You must be nearing your 100 day mark. Only good and positive thoughts coming your way this week and always. Scans are so stressful and the waiting for results is too. Glad that you get yours the next day.

I'll be keeping you close to my heart.

Lisha

Heights..
    Hey Lisha,
    So glad you are feeling better...don't like it when my Libra friend is out of balance. BTW..I'm scared of heights too. Must be a Libra thing...ha! Love ya...Sue
    (FNHL-2-3A-6/10)
  • forme
    allmost60 said:

Heights..
    Hey Lisha,
    So glad you are feeling better...don't like it when my Libra friend is out of balance. BTW..I'm scared of heights too. Must be a Libra thing...ha! Love ya...Sue
    (FNHL-2-3A-6/10)

Thanks
    Hi Sue,

It must be a Libra thing! Some days balance is just so elusive. Today was much better. This evening is a bit out of wack, a little grouchy. I think I will try and eat something. That should help.

Lizzy is so cute. Thank you for always sharing her with us. Babies are pure joy...

Love ya too,
    Lisha
  • Go_go_Gi_gi
    Go_go_Gi_gi Member Posts: 84
    forme said:

Thanks
    Hi Sue,

It must be a Libra thing! Some days balance is just so elusive. Today was much better. This evening is a bit out of wack, a little grouchy. I think I will try and eat something. That should help.

Lizzy is so cute. Thank you for always sharing her with us. Babies are pure joy...

Love ya too,
    Lisha

Thanks
    Lisha,
    Thank you for your honesty--it helps those of us struggling with the same things to be more open and that helps on the road back up!!!

Your posts of up and down the roller coaster rides for this are very insightful. I was "wacked on the head" with this out of the blue in August---and the emotional ups and downs have been really weird and strange--I have been a very stoic person through my life, and very healthy--now the C----word. Shock, denial, I don't feel like it, are you sure it's me, down in the dumps, with the frumps--up in the air, still have hair--- unknown emotions floating around---up and down--

Yet in all of this, I feel a strong assurance of the presence and power of God. Thank all of you for being here and being a wonderful support-

Yes, Lizzy is very cute--I'm going to be a new Grandmother again in April--Son and daughter-in-laws first baby!! picture of her sonogram, about the size of a strawberry, arrived via e-mail today, after my chemo---what a treat!!!

Hugs to each of you precious friends, Susan
  • allmost60
    allmost60 Member Posts: 3,178 Member

Thanks
    Lisha,
    Thank you for your honesty--it helps those of us struggling with the same things to be more open and that helps on the road back up!!!

Your posts of up and down the roller coaster rides for this are very insightful. I was "wacked on the head" with this out of the blue in August---and the emotional ups and downs have been really weird and strange--I have been a very stoic person through my life, and very healthy--now the C----word. Shock, denial, I don't feel like it, are you sure it's me, down in the dumps, with the frumps--up in the air, still have hair--- unknown emotions floating around---up and down--

Yet in all of this, I feel a strong assurance of the presence and power of God. Thank all of you for being here and being a wonderful support-

Yes, Lizzy is very cute--I'm going to be a new Grandmother again in April--Son and daughter-in-laws first baby!! picture of her sonogram, about the size of a strawberry, arrived via e-mail today, after my chemo---what a treat!!!

Gramma again...
    Hi Susan,
    Congratulations with the new grand baby on the way. Lizzy brings me so much joy!! April will be here before you know it. Love...Sue (FNHL-2-3A-6/10)
  • forme

Thanks
    Lisha,

Honesty
    Hi Susan,

Thank you for your post to me. I believe that we all help each other in one way or another.

I have found that honest feelings with my family can be hard at times. They may be afraid of the truth or tired of dealing with cancer or any number of things.

The love and support I find with this wonderful group of friends allows me to be me. The good, the bad and everything in between.
    I have had many times when I hesitated with posting my feelings. The honest responses that I receive always make me feel that it was okay to share.

You are so new to this journey and I have been on it a long time, yet our emotional ups and downs are very much the same.

Congratulations on your new grandbaby. Sue is right, the months will fly by and it will be April. Simply wonderful.

Lisha
  • Go_go_Gi_gi
    Go_go_Gi_gi Member Posts: 84
    forme said:

Honesty
    Hi Susan,

Thank you for your post to me. I believe that we all help each other in one way or another.

I have found that honest feelings with my family can be hard at times. They may be afraid of the truth or tired of dealing with cancer or any number of things.

The love and support I find with this wonderful group of friends allows me to be me. The good, the bad and everything in between.
    I have had many times when I hesitated with posting my feelings. The honest responses that I receive always make me feel that it was okay to share.

You are so new to this journey and I have been on it a long time, yet our emotional ups and downs are very much the same.

Congratulations on your new grandbaby. Sue is right, the months will fly by and it will be April. Simply wonderful.

Lisha

Honesty and Thanks
    Thank each of you again--up for awhile after the chemo today with Dexamethasone, and both Dex and solu-medrol yesterday---heading to bed shortly and wanted to say thanks for the encouragement--again. The best to you all. Susan