My heart is breaking....

Glenna M
Glenna M Member Posts: 1,576
edited September 2011 in Lung Cancer #1
I can't stop crying, when I signed on to Facebook this morning the first post I saw was from Deb...stayingcalm's son Corey. Deb passed away at 1 am from cardiac arrest. We just lost one of the greatest women I have ever met and in the 2 years I knew her from CSN she became a great personal friend also.

My heart and prayers go out to her family.

I know you didn't believe Deb but God Bless you and keep you safe in his arms for I know someone as caring as you are in heaven watching over us.

You will be missed by many!!!

Comments

• kelli1843
    kelli1843 Member Posts: 72
    So, so sorry to hear this.
    So, so sorry to hear this. Thanks for sharing this with us and a special hug to you.
  • NayPaul
    NayPaul Member Posts: 230 Member
    oh no!
    Deb was somthing! It is very difficlt for me to hear this. I knew she has had a rough six months, but did not realize how sick she was. She meant a lot to this board, and a lot to me personaly!
  • NayPaul
    NayPaul Member Posts: 230 Member
    oh no!
    Deb was somthing! It is very difficlt for me to hear this. I knew she has had a rough six months, but did not realize how sick she was. She meant a lot to this board, and a lot to me personaly!
  • lekkerone
    lekkerone Member Posts: 199 Member
    Deb
    What a sad day. Like you dear Glenna I found out on FB this a.m. What a courageous woman she was. I admired her sage, down to earth advice and didn't know she was so sick.
    Rest in peace Deb and know that you were greatly loved by many. Diane
  • z
    z Member Posts: 1,414 Member
    lekkerone said:

Deb
    What a sad day. Like you dear Glenna I found out on FB this a.m. What a courageous woman she was. I admired her sage, down to earth advice and didn't know she was so sick.

Deb
    This breaks my heart, she was always was full of strentgh and gave me hope. I always read her posts. Thank you Glenna for letting us know. Lori
  • mamacita5
    mamacita5 Member Posts: 254 Member
    lekkerone said:

Deb

Deb was our rock. I am
    Deb was our rock. I am heartbroken. She was so willing to share the mass of knowledge she had acquired over the years she was fighting this awful beast. I will miss her immensely. Anita
  • z
    z Member Posts: 1,414 Member
    Glenna
    I copied and pasted this on Inspire, as I know Deb used to go there, and said she was banned, well shes the reason I go there, and there are posters who mention her with respect, so I wanted them to know and posted this is memorandum.
  • AlanRinHBG
    AlanRinHBG Member Posts: 121
    z said:

Glenna
    I copied and pasted this on Inspire, as I know Deb used to go there, and said she was banned, well shes the reason I go there, and there are posters who mention her with respect, so I wanted them to know and posted this is memorandum.

Godspeed, Deb
    The most horrible news in a long time. I always looked for your picture on these posts. I always knew I'd learn something. You are a bright light, I will miss you.
  • ann m
    ann m Member Posts: 30

Godspeed, Deb
    The most horrible news in a long time. I always looked for your picture on these posts. I always knew I'd learn something. You are a bright light, I will miss you.

I'm pretty new here but
    I'm pretty new here but learned quickly that I could learn alot from her posts. She was a very smart caring person. I am sorry to hear of this loss for her friends and family.
  • ann m
    ann m Member Posts: 30

Godspeed, Deb

repeat, sorry.
  • sissylu1
    sissylu1 Member Posts: 66 Member
    ann m said:

repeat, sorry.

condolences
    I have been on this site since the new year and there are a few people who post regularly that I have learned alot from and who always have taken the time to respond to others in a thoughtful, sensible and compassionate manner.."staying calm" was one of them and will be missed! I hope that her children know what a great mother they had and the world will be less without her.
  • OMG
    I am speechless...
    She was such an amazing woman!
    I dont understand any of this like Billy Joel says the good die young why why?
    I would read her posts to Mom all the time, she has been answering alot of my questions for Mom, she's been my rock, she has given me the hope that Mom could last awhile she has beaten it the 5 yrs and it wasn't the beast that got her it was her darn heart that now all of our hearts are crushed.

I wish I didn't just pick up the phone...my father in law just called to tell us the Aunt Helen past away ay at 7:50am (had lung and brain cancer) ugh

May the both beautiful Laides rest in peace and shed some light over all of us and to find a cure soon!!

God Bless
  • shaun65
    shaun65 Member Posts: 8
    shaun from spain
    i always read her post she gave me and many others great advice. were ever she is now iam sure she will continue to do this. bless you deb, and your family.
  • karenbeth
    karenbeth Member Posts: 194
    sad news
    I was very sad to hear this news. Deb was so helpful to so many and seemed like a lovely person. My condolences to her family and friends.
    Karen
  • Dan620
    Dan620 Member Posts: 220
    karenbeth said:

sad news
    I was very sad to hear this news. Deb was so helpful to so many and seemed like a lovely person. My condolences to her family and friends.
    Karen

What a sad day.
    This is such sad news, Deb was such an inspiration and so helpful to so many here. I started following Deb's postings in Dec.2009 she was one amazing lady. If you have not already done so please read Deb's about me page it is a real eye opener of what she went thru in her 6 years fight with cancer. I will truly miss her, rest in peace lovely lady..... Dan
  • Deb0202
    Deb0202 Member Posts: 14
    She'll Always Be Here
    Thoughts for both Deb and her family. She was a positive inspiration for all of us and her presence will continue to be felt when I visit this site.
  • Ex_Rock_n_Roller
    Ex_Rock_n_Roller Member Posts: 281 Member
    This is a great loss
    I recognized early on that she was the kind of person I could relate to: willing to call a spade a doggone shovel when she saw the need, but never less than helpful and encouraging to everyone.

We will be the poorer for her absence.
  • Ex_Rock_n_Roller
    Ex_Rock_n_Roller Member Posts: 281 Member
    [Inadvertent double post]
    [Inadvertent double post]
  • soccerfreaks
    soccerfreaks Member Posts: 2,788 Member
    "Death be not proud, though some have called thee mighty"
    This brings me great pain as well, Glenna. Deb was kind, informative, giving and true to herself and others in all things.

Following the links she provided in FB, I would come across such wacky, or wild, or most intellectually stimulating stuff that just this past week I wrote to her that even when I didn't like a particular item (a song in this case) her eclectic choices always opened my mind to new possibilities and provided new sites for me to visit on a regular basis.

That is what I loved most about her, her obvious intellectual curiousity. Her loss is my loss. Her loss is our loss.

There will definitely be a vacuum in CSN, and in the world.

Take care,

Joe
  • grannylove
    grannylove Member Posts: 183
    Sad sad day.
    I will surely miss her. She has a heart of gold. I cry tears for our loss of a brave, courageous, compassionate woman who shared of herself freely. Your battle is over dear Deb and I will miss you greatly. Rest in peace. Cheryl