Dxed with melanoma

micgrace
micgrace Member Posts: 131
Hi All,

I went to the doctor to get a script and came back with a melanoma diagnosis after excision and admittance to the melanoma unit. Quite took me by surprise, I do not know what stage yet or anything but am about to be very unwillingly launched onto yet another round with cancer. I lost my wife to a GBM just in June. Myself and my family really could do without more trauma. I am also getting married in October so has taken my fiance by surprise. I will know more tomorrow after meeting with the doctor and seeing the pathology results.

Comments

• micgrace
    Dodged a bullet. At least it
    Dodged a bullet. At least it hasn't spread to lymph nodes but was active, but fortunately is under a one mm thick and can be readily removed. Cure is 100% possible. Now to get a good sized bite out of my arm and hopefully that is one cancer nipped in the bud. Of course I have to keep going for regular check ups from now on.

Never ever leave a melanoma, they are not what they seem. They can spread to lymph nodes then onto liver and it becomes terminal.
  • dearfoam
    dearfoam Member Posts: 82
    micgrace said:

Dodged a bullet. At least it
    Dodged a bullet. At least it hasn't spread to lymph nodes but was active, but fortunately is under a one mm thick and can be readily removed. Cure is 100% possible. Now to get a good sized bite out of my arm and hopefully that is one cancer nipped in the bud. Of course I have to keep going for regular check ups from now on.

Never ever leave a melanoma, they are not what they seem. They can spread to lymph nodes then onto liver and it becomes terminal.

I hope for the best!
    I had read some of your posts from earlier, and sure hope everything goes well for you. Nip it good!
  • dodger21
    dodger21 Member Posts: 85 Member
    dearfoam said:

I hope for the best!
    I had read some of your posts from earlier, and sure hope everything goes well for you. Nip it good!

Micgrace
    Micgrace,
    I remember you from the EC discussion board with your uncle Fr Friel?
    I'm sorry you've had such a bad lot this year. I pray the surgery goes quick and successful, that the surgeon gets it all and no reoccurence ever happens.
    I can't comment on melanoma, as the only skin cancer I've had was bcc.
    I hope you don't mind but I put a post on the ec board for anyone who remembers you and wished to offer a prayer.
    Stay out of that Aussie sun!lol!
    Danielle
  • micgrace
    dodger21 said:

Micgrace
    Micgrace,
    I remember you from the EC discussion board with your uncle Fr Friel?
    I'm sorry you've had such a bad lot this year. I pray the surgery goes quick and successful, that the surgeon gets it all and no reoccurence ever happens.
    I can't comment on melanoma, as the only skin cancer I've had was bcc.
    I hope you don't mind but I put a post on the ec board for anyone who remembers you and wished to offer a prayer.
    Stay out of that Aussie sun!lol!
    Danielle

Yes pretty bad year. I lost
    Yes pretty bad year. I lost my wife in June along with Uncle Kevin and had a melanoma myself. Well, I have a nice big scar to remind me of it now. Yes, I used to sunbathe and work outside every chance I got. Now I have to pay the price.
  • micgrace
    Had a double excision.
    Had a double excision as the original melanoma was removed but not within safety margins. The next excision came back clean except the wound became infected and turned into an ulcer. That is cured now and am back and active. May have been a stage one but these things just keep getting worse.
  • lovingwifedeb
    lovingwifedeb Member Posts: 183
    micgrace said:

Had a double excision.
    Had a double excision as the original melanoma was removed but not within safety margins. The next excision came back clean except the wound became infected and turned into an ulcer. That is cured now and am back and active. May have been a stage one but these things just keep getting worse.

Please take care of yourself micgrace
    Be ever viligent.

lovingwifedeb
    Bob, May 27th 2011

redesign08.blogspot.com