Wish me luck.....

Lilmiss82
Lilmiss82 Member Posts: 257 Member
Please send good vibes, prayers or whatever you got. Tomorrow I'm having lung surgery to remove some nodules and tissue for a biopsy. Will have a 5-7 day hospital stay. My lung will be deflated and my doctor stated that recovery will be a little painful but I'm ready!!:) I will try to report my recovery/ results if possible but will be thinking of you guys and missing you while in the hospital-Melissa

Comments

• maglets
    maglets Member Posts: 2,576 Member
    melissa
    sending all the very best......good good wishes.....

mags.....holding you tightly
  • Lilmiss82
    Lilmiss82 Member Posts: 257 Member
    maglets said:

melissa
    sending all the very best......good good wishes.....

mags.....holding you tightly

thanks
    I need them!:)
  • Lovekitties
    Lovekitties Member Posts: 3,364 Member
    Dear Melissa
    Best vibes and prayers and anything else I can come up with that things go well for you with your surgery and you have an easier recovery than your doc ever dreamed of.

Hugs,

Marie who loves kitties
  • buckeye2
    buckeye2 Member Posts: 428 Member
    My prayers and thoughts are
    My prayers and thoughts are with you. Lisa
  • karen40
    karen40 Member Posts: 211 Member
    You Got It!
    Lilmiss,
    Sending good vibes and prayers.
    Wishing you a fast and speedy recovery.
    Take care,
    Karen
  • relaxoutdoors08
    relaxoutdoors08 Member Posts: 521 Member
    Praying for Good Results
    Melissa,
    My prayers are with you. Praying for good results.
    NB
  • Sundanceh
    Sundanceh Member Posts: 4,392 Member
    Melissa
    Wishing you the best - glad you are getting your biopsy through a surgical procedure instead of by a needle biopsy...we talked about that.

You know I've been through a couple of these lung surgeries in my time with the DaVinci robot and the standard open thoracotomy. Yours sounds like it will be a little less invasive and I'm glad for that.

They will have you up walking and that will help your oxygen saturation level - you want to get it into the high 90's and walking will help expand your lung back to its normal size. Just go slow and build steadily, it's not a race:)

You'll probably have a chest tube attached to you as well, it's a big tube that attaches to a suitcase of sorts that holds the drainage coming out of the lung. They will be measuring the output to see when they can pull it. And when they do, tell them to count to 3.....you know 1-2-3 and then hold your breath while they yank it out quick. It hurts a little but not as much.

Coughing and sneezing will be an 'attention getter' but there's nothing I know but try and hold your insides in if you can during that.

The good news is that the biopsy is going to tell you what you need to know - at least you won't have to guess anymore.

I'll be understandably curious until I hear from you again. We'll talk more after you find out what you're gonna' find out. I've had 7-wedge resections of the lung, my chest cavity scraped, and two ribs removed and another 10% of my lung radiated, so I know what it takes to get through those type of things if you have to deal with any of it.

Just the very best of luck to you, Melissa. The Rock sends all his muscle and backbone to you to help you get through it, but you don't need me - you will be ok and we'll take it from there.

-Craig
  • smokeyjoe
    smokeyjoe Member Posts: 1,425 Member
    Sundanceh said:

Melissa
    Wishing you the best - glad you are getting your biopsy through a surgical procedure instead of by a needle biopsy...we talked about that.

You know I've been through a couple of these lung surgeries in my time with the DaVinci robot and the standard open thoracotomy. Yours sounds like it will be a little less invasive and I'm glad for that.

They will have you up walking and that will help your oxygen saturation level - you want to get it into the high 90's and walking will help expand your lung back to its normal size. Just go slow and build steadily, it's not a race:)

You'll probably have a chest tube attached to you as well, it's a big tube that attaches to a suitcase of sorts that holds the drainage coming out of the lung. They will be measuring the output to see when they can pull it. And when they do, tell them to count to 3.....you know 1-2-3 and then hold your breath while they yank it out quick. It hurts a little but not as much.

Coughing and sneezing will be an 'attention getter' but there's nothing I know but try and hold your insides in if you can during that.

The good news is that the biopsy is going to tell you what you need to know - at least you won't have to guess anymore.

I'll be understandably curious until I hear from you again. We'll talk more after you find out what you're gonna' find out. I've had 7-wedge resections of the lung, my chest cavity scraped, and two ribs removed and another 10% of my lung radiated, so I know what it takes to get through those type of things if you have to deal with any of it.

Just the very best of luck to you, Melissa. The Rock sends all his muscle and backbone to you to help you get through it, but you don't need me - you will be ok and we'll take it from there.

-Craig

All the best to you on this
    All the best to you on this proceedure. Keep us posted when you can. Take care of yourself and take it easy. Sounds like Craig gave you some solid advice from his experiences. Stay well Leena.
  • LivinginNH
    LivinginNH Member Posts: 1,456 Member
    Hi Melissa, I'll be sending

Hi Melissa, I'll be sending a few prayers your way dear, best wishes for a successful surgery. Cynthia
  • Buzzard
    Buzzard Member Posts: 3,043 Member

Hi Melissa, I'll be sending

Hi Melissa, I'll be sending a few prayers your way dear, best wishes for a successful surgery. Cynthia

Melissa..........
    after the fear of having it done is over when you wake up it will be recoup time...they will want you to cough up all that you can to clear the lungs. They will bring in a spagmometer ? to make you breathe to get the oxygen diffusion up to at least 90%. Its not as hard as you think. The pain meds will work wonders for you and actually, its not as bad as it sounds...the first couple of days are a little tough but after that its simply something to get through...at least you will be able to walk with ease and do minor things but give your self time to heal....the chest tube thing...doesn't hurt, just a kind of odd feeling as you can feel it coming out...its weird...you will do fine, I know you will. Remember, youth does have its advantages, especially healing......love to you young lady and Godspeed healing...Clift
  • khl8
    khl8 Member Posts: 807
    Buzzard said:

Melissa..........
    after the fear of having it done is over when you wake up it will be recoup time...they will want you to cough up all that you can to clear the lungs. They will bring in a spagmometer ? to make you breathe to get the oxygen diffusion up to at least 90%. Its not as hard as you think. The pain meds will work wonders for you and actually, its not as bad as it sounds...the first couple of days are a little tough but after that its simply something to get through...at least you will be able to walk with ease and do minor things but give your self time to heal....the chest tube thing...doesn't hurt, just a kind of odd feeling as you can feel it coming out...its weird...you will do fine, I know you will. Remember, youth does have its advantages, especially healing......love to you young lady and Godspeed healing...Clift

My thoughts and prayers will
    My thoughts and prayers will be with you!
  • karguy
    karguy Member Posts: 1,020 Member
    Good wishes
    I will send you good vibes,Good wishes, prayers,and warm fuzzies.Get well quickly.
  • Fight for my love
    Fight for my love Member Posts: 1,522 Member
    Prayers are on the way.Hope
    Prayers are on the way.Hope all your procedures go smoothly and well,and a speedy recovery.Best luck with it.
  • merrysmom
    merrysmom Member Posts: 51

Prayers are on the way.Hope
    Prayers are on the way.Hope all your procedures go smoothly and well,and a speedy recovery.Best luck with it.

dear melissa
    i know that you do not know me but you are DEFINITELY in my prayers and thoughts. you hang in there and stay strong. your friend, barb
  • johnnybegood
    johnnybegood Member Posts: 1,117 Member
    merrysmom said:

dear melissa
    i know that you do not know me but you are DEFINITELY in my prayers and thoughts. you hang in there and stay strong. your friend, barb

sending
    you and your family good vibes and hugs.let us know how you are doing when you can....Godbless...johnnybegood
  • sasjourney
    sasjourney Member Posts: 395 Member
    Thinking about you!
    I will be praying for a successful surgery and quick recovery. We will be waiting to hear from you. Sending you big hugs!

Sara
  • idlehunters
    idlehunters Member Posts: 1,787 Member

Thinking about you!
    I will be praying for a successful surgery and quick recovery. We will be waiting to hear from you. Sending you big hugs!

Sara

Hey Melissa
    Wishing you all the best and keeping you in my prayers. Take care.

Jennie
  • herdizziness
    herdizziness Member Posts: 3,624 Member
    Melissa
    Every good vibe I've got, I'm sending your way.
    You'll be fine, looking forward to hearing from you.
    Winter Marie
  • pete43lost_at_sea
    pete43lost_at_sea Member Posts: 3,900 Member
    goodluck
    i hope it goes well
    hugs,
    pete
  • wolfen
    wolfen Member Posts: 1,324 Member

goodluck
    i hope it goes well
    hugs,
    pete

Melissa
    Mustering up a bunch of good vibes and healing thoughts for you. Take care and report in when you can.

Luv,

Wolfen