it is not real

alex13
alex13 Member Posts: 3
i am so removed from my illness that i do not know even if it is small cell or not. how stupid is that? if i do not talk about it, it is not real. time to be quiet, and just get lost.

Comments

• mamacita5
    mamacita5 Member Posts: 254 Member
    Knowledge is power. It's
    Knowledge is power. It's time for you to fight! Start asking questions, lots of them. We care.
  • lekkerone
    lekkerone Member Posts: 199 Member
    Hi
    I relate a bit to what you say. The entire time I was having tests I felt as if I had stepped into someone else's nightmare and went through the tests (4 months of them)as if I was in some kind of a trance. However, I always knew I probably had cancer. That was never verified until I had the surgery.
    Unfortunately it won't go away until you have had the appropriate treatment. Try and gather family and friends around yourself and talk about your feelings. Good luck, Diane
  • alex13
    lekkerone said:

Hi
    I relate a bit to what you say. The entire time I was having tests I felt as if I had stepped into someone else's nightmare and went through the tests (4 months of them)as if I was in some kind of a trance. However, I always knew I probably had cancer. That was never verified until I had the surgery.
    Unfortunately it won't go away until you have had the appropriate treatment. Try and gather family and friends around yourself and talk about your feelings. Good luck, Diane

i thank u both for taking
    i thank u both for taking the time to care. i must say i am further into treatment than it sounded. i had surgery on march 31st and they removed the lower lobe of my right lung. after that, i fought pneumonia for quite some time and was in rehab and came home july 21 oxygen dependent. i am tethered to that dang machine with a fifty foot cord and i just hate it. without it, i am short of breath. i believe it is because of the severe copd i was diagnosed with that my recovery is taking so long. it does not help that i have no real support from family - there just is no one. i am ok with that, but don't say u will be there and then back out. sorry, i am venting a bit - i just want to say i have already told more of me than i have of late. thank you for caring.
  • lekkerone
    lekkerone Member Posts: 199 Member
    alex13 said:

i thank u both for taking the time to care. i must say i am further into treatment than it sounded. i had surgery on march 31st and they removed the lower lobe of my right lung. after that, i fought pneumonia for quite some time and was in rehab and came home july 21 oxygen dependent. i am tethered to that dang machine with a fifty foot cord and i just hate it. without it, i am short of breath. i believe it is because of the severe copd i was diagnosed with that my recovery is taking so long. it does not help that i have no real support from family - there just is no one. i am ok with that, but don't say u will be there and then back out. sorry, i am venting a bit - i just want to say i have already told more of me than i have of late. thank you for caring.

alex13
    I care Alex. We all do. Will you be able to get rid of the oxygen in time? I had a lobectomy just like you except mine was my lower left lung. Please keep moving as best you can so you can breathe better. Please keep in touch.
  • NayPaul
    NayPaul Member Posts: 230 Member
    alex13 said:

trust
    I must say... I agree with u... at least. In the importance that u have someone u can trust to help be at appointments. I know the patient is sometimes awe struck, and it takes a second person to help intake and decode the info.

I hope it helps you to share and learn from this board as that will be open to what u need to hear to make knowledgable decisions.
  • NayPaul
    NayPaul Member Posts: 230 Member
    alex13 said:

trust
    I must say... I agree with u... at least. In the importance that u have someone u can trust to help be at appointments. I know the patient is sometimes awe struck, and it takes a second person to help intake and decode the info.

I hope it helps you to share and learn from this board as that will be open to what u need to hear to make knowledgable decisions.
  • Glenna M
    Glenna M Member Posts: 1,576
    alex13 said:

We care
    As others have said...we care!! I know it's not the same as having someone there with you but we are all here to help in any way we can. Even if it's only to let you vent, we understand, we have all been there and understand what you are feeling.

I'm on oxygen therapy also and am attached to a 50 foot cord at home and a portable tank if I leave the house. I not only get short of breath without it but my oxygen levels drop to 77 if I am active and not hooked to the oxygen. I hate the tube also but I don't let it get me down, I just keep reminding myself that at least I am still able to move around and do pretty much everything I want to do. Granted I am moving slower and have to watch out for the tubing but at least I'm moving.

Please stay in touch so we can help you through this.

Glenna
  • alex13
    Glenna M said:

We care
    As others have said...we care!! I know it's not the same as having someone there with you but we are all here to help in any way we can. Even if it's only to let you vent, we understand, we have all been there and understand what you are feeling.

I'm on oxygen therapy also and am attached to a 50 foot cord at home and a portable tank if I leave the house. I not only get short of breath without it but my oxygen levels drop to 77 if I am active and not hooked to the oxygen. I hate the tube also but I don't let it get me down, I just keep reminding myself that at least I am still able to move around and do pretty much everything I want to do. Granted I am moving slower and have to watch out for the tubing but at least I'm moving.

Please stay in touch so we can help you through this.

Glenna

thank you all for being
    thank you all for being there for me. hearing from you all and knowing you are there for me has brought a smile to my face.
  • mamacita5
    mamacita5 Member Posts: 254 Member
    alex13 said:

thank you all for being
    thank you all for being there for me. hearing from you all and knowing you are there for me has brought a smile to my face.

GREAT! Mission accomplished!
    GREAT! Mission accomplished! Now find out exactly what kind of cancer you have so that you can relate to what others on the board with the same type. Once you know what you have then you can ask about the kinds of treatments the will work on it. Remember your doctors are working for you so don't feel shy about asking questions. So glad you are smiling!
  • soccerfreaks
    soccerfreaks Member Posts: 2,788 Member
    "Is it real or is it Memorex?"
    (ancient TV commercial reference :))

It was great to meet you in the Chat Room, Alex. There, you did not seem like someone removed from your illness but a vibrant caring individual with much left to share with the world.

In here, my new friend, you will find some of the most generous, knowledgeable and kind individuals that you can find on any forum anywhere.

I wish you the best, as you know, and hope to chat with you again sooner rather than later.

Take care,

Joe
  • granny maggie
    granny maggie Member Posts: 15
    alex13 said:

know what your going through
    I too am on oxygen but without it the coughing and wheezing drives me nuts. We all have our days but the more you get it off your mind to people who have been there it helps. I have a portable tank that I got a backpack carrier and I really like it as it frees both your hands. Hope you have a good week-end and know we're here for you.
  • medi_2
    medi_2 Member Posts: 505 Member

"Is it real or is it Memorex?"
    (ancient TV commercial reference :))

It was great to meet you in the Chat Room, Alex. There, you did not seem like someone removed from your illness but a vibrant caring individual with much left to share with the world.

In here, my new friend, you will find some of the most generous, knowledgeable and kind individuals that you can find on any forum anywhere.

I wish you the best, as you know, and hope to chat with you again sooner rather than later.

Take care,

Joe

hhmmm
    Be careful about throwing that word 'ancient' around...I remember that commercial ;)
    Welcome Alex!
    Cheers
    Medi
  • Hope4Marge
    Hope4Marge Member Posts: 74
    If someone were to ask Mom
    If someone were to ask Mom what her type was, she would not know other than "stage four lung cancer." I attend all her doctor appointments and know every detail. While it's important to know, I can understand what you mean. It's important to have people and support in your life to get the details, and to also have that protected safe place in your mind to go to when you need to escape it all. Hugs to you.
  • Hope4Marge
    If someone were to ask Mom what her type was, she would not know other than "stage four lung cancer." I attend all her doctor appointments and know every detail. While it's important to know, I can understand what you mean. It's important to have people and support in your life to get the details, and to also have that protected safe place in your mind to go to when you need to escape it all. Hugs to you.
  • Hope4Marge
  • Hope4Marge
    medi_2 said:

hhmmm
    Be careful about throwing that word 'ancient' around...I remember that commercial ;)
    Welcome Alex!
    Cheers
    Medi

Sorry
    I don't know why that posted three times!
  • soccerfreaks
    soccerfreaks Member Posts: 2,788 Member
    medi_2 said:

hhmmm
    Welcome Alex!
    Cheers
    Medi

:)
    These days, Medi, it seems that 'ancient' means five minutes ago :).

Take care, my friend,

Joe