Wanted to say hi

plh4gail
plh4gail Member Posts: 1,238 Member
I wanted to say hi here and that I haven't forgot about my wonderful CSN family. The summer has been a fast one and full of memories. My kids and I have all done a lot and had some well deserved fun. Everything from the simple BBQ (just us and also backyard parties), weekend getaways, and a cruise to Mexico where we went para sailing, jet skiing, and zip line. This has been without a doubt the best summer of my life...feeling my body wake up from the chemo fog and at the same time adding my new normal life back into the activity mode. It feels so good to cook meals again! And I don't mean a grilled cheese or a can of soup. It will be awhile before any of us can eat that again. lol

The only thing that really dampened my joy of recovery was the issue of work. You may not remember but I lost my job because I was unable to work on chemo. It was held for as long as they said they could according to hospital policy. So when my disability ended in June and I had no job reality struck and tried to eat away my happiness. I had to reapply at the hospital but not till the end of July. I did apply at about 50 other positions in the surrounding area. I was very humbled in finding that 15 years as an ER RN was not an automatic open door, although I did have some interviews and did get an offer that I will not burn my bridges with I hope. I finally got an interview with my old dept. and yes I had to interview. I got the job on a night shift, I used to work days. I think I have been given the test of morality and tolerance now. My fellow co workers are having a hard time that I was not helped back into work and given a better shift. They know what I went through and don't like what happened. But I don't want to be encouraging them to talk, gossip, be negative, etc...so no matter how I truely feel I have to take a breath and find a different point of view redirect to a different way to see things happening. New possibilities.

I also saw a new onc yesterday and got a second opinioon on getting a PET scan, which my onc didn't want to order. He was very patient,listened, and explained a lot to me. He did order the PET and was very kind to me. He also told me he probably would have followed the same treatment as my other onc and only ordered the Cat Scan, but he said there are times when we have to follow our gut. And that is what it is with me. I need more proof and I think it's because of the way I was misdiagnosed for so long.

Also, my Folfox neuropathy is improving!! Yay!! I take lot's of vitamins and supplements and Lyrica. I know time has something to do with it but I really think all the meds I take is helping too..... My head is sprouting a whole new crop of hair. I ended up not losing it all but had a very short Halle Berry cut for awhile but quit wearing hats to let my head get plenty of air, sunshine and circulation to help with new growth.....And thank gooddness...my..umm...restroom trips are not as frequent. The only think with this is when I think I have found the key to keeping it predictable...BAM it sneaks up and surprises me. So I just do what I know helps most and it seems like its a 2 steps forward and 1 step back then 2 more steps forward... lol I'm working on making it work. But! I never go anywhere without my emergency kit, and I always know where the restroom is everywhere! lol

Soo.....that was a hello and an update. I hope it wasn't too long or boring :) I love and missed you all and it feels so good to read through all the posts that I could.

peace love and happiness to us all, Gail

p.s. did anyone deal with tendonitis while regaining their strength? My arms are killing me! I had to buy those arm bands and start taking Alieve.

Comments

• Buckwirth
    Buckwirth Member Posts: 1,258 Member
    Think of you often
    And glad to hear you are doing well.

Nights beats unemployment, so even though you got the short end, I am happy they placed you.

BTW, you are much cuter than Halle!

Your friend,

Blake
  • wolfen
    wolfen Member Posts: 1,324 Member
    Buckwirth said:

Think of you often

Nights beats unemployment, so even though you got the short end, I am happy they placed you.

Your friend,

Blake

Gail
    So nice to see your smiling face again and to hear that things are getting better all the time. So glad you have become re-employed. Hopefully, you can bid for a day shift in the future.

Be Well,

Wolfen
  • ron50
    ron50 Member Posts: 1,723 Member
    G'day Gail
    I am really glad that you are getting your share of quality time amongst the bad. Without the balance life is not much fun. I am glad you are working it is really important for your sense of worth. Best wishes for a healthy future. Ron.
  • MrsJP
    MrsJP Member Posts: 157
    Missed You!
    So glad to hear you've had a great summer with your family..Welcome back.

JP
  • herdizziness
    herdizziness Member Posts: 3,624 Member
    Gail
    Hi Gail, it's so good to hear from you. Glad your back to work, even if it's the lousy shift, fingers crossed a day one opens up soon!!!
    As for the arms killing you, I have the same problem, no solution though, wish I could help.
    Take care and don't be a stranger!!!
    Winter Marie
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    hey!
    Hey, Gail!

Praying your PET scan is just a reassurance for you. No surprises allowed!

I'm glad you got your job back, albeit a different schedule. Hopefully an opening will come up for a daytime shift. Yes, you were treated badly, but it sounds like you have handled the situation with grace. In a perfect world, that grace should be rewarded.

*hugs*
    Gail
  • Kathleen808
    Kathleen808 Member Posts: 2,342 Member
    Gail
    Gail,
    It is so good to hear from you. I love that your summer has been wonderful, you deserve it! It all sounds so fun! I think it is great that you are back at your hospital for work. I hope your shifts get better after awhile.
    You take care.

Aloha,
    Kathleen
  • pete43lost_at_sea
    pete43lost_at_sea Member Posts: 3,900 Member
    go get em gail
    so glad your kicking **** so to speaak.

glad the neuropathy is imnprovng, mine is to.

goodluck on pet, you'll be fine.

hugs,
    pete
  • plh4gail
    It's so good to hear from
    It's so good to hear from all of you! I hope everyone is doing well and able to make some good memories this summer also. I can't believe it's almost time for my kids to go back to school.

Gail
  • Buzzard
    Buzzard Member Posts: 3,043 Member
    plh4gail said:

It's so good to hear from all of you! I hope everyone is doing well and able to make some good memories this summer also. I can't believe it's almost time for my kids to go back to school.

Gail

Nice to see you smiling again sweetie.....
    Its always good to hear good news, one of us having good times be it with family friends or just alone time...Relaxed , uninterrupted, free time is a very high sought after commodity in this journey...Enjoy every second.........buzz
  • jjaj133
    jjaj133 Member Posts: 867 Member
    plh4gail said:

Gail

i am so tickled to hear your
    i am so tickled to hear your good news. your summer sounds amazing and i know, there is nothing better than fun with family.
    keep it going and i hope you get a better shift soon.
    hugs, judy
  • Sundanceh
    Sundanceh Member Posts: 4,392 Member
    Hiya:)
    I need to learn to live more like you - I'm like one of those big ol' Saturn V rockets - poised to lift off from the launch pad - but lacking the fuel to make it into orbit.

Glad things are going so well for you.

-Craig
  • plh4gail
    Sundanceh said:

Hiya:)
    I need to learn to live more like you - I'm like one of those big ol' Saturn V rockets - poised to lift off from the launch pad - but lacking the fuel to make it into orbit.

Glad things are going so well for you.

-Craig

Hi Craig
    Well then lets get you going. Bring your wife and come my way and we will work on it :)You were/are always one of my big inspirations...along with a lot of others. I know you can do it dear brother..

love and hugs, Gail
  • plh4gail
    jjaj133 said:

i am so tickled to hear your
    i am so tickled to hear your good news. your summer sounds amazing and i know, there is nothing better than fun with family.
    keep it going and i hope you get a better shift soon.
    hugs, judy

Yes Judy
    It has been a good summer and my kids sure deserved it,... I missed your kindness on here! I'm going to work on the night shift thing. But you never know...I might like it. lol

Gail
  • plh4gail
    Buzzard said:

Nice to see you smiling again sweetie.....
    Its always good to hear good news, one of us having good times be it with family friends or just alone time...Relaxed , uninterrupted, free time is a very high sought after commodity in this journey...Enjoy every second.........buzz

Buzz
    Have I ever told you my brother in law is called Buzz also? It was from back in his motorcycle riding days. This man is wonderful and I love him so much. Always has the family smiling and feeling connected.....must be something about you Buzz guys :)

hugs, gail
  • plh4gail
    Buckwirth said:

Think of you often

Your friend,

Blake

Thank you Blake, and you
    Thank you Blake, and you know...I'm wondering if I might like working nights better. No management to deal with and the pay is a little more. hmmm

hugs, gail
  • plh4gail
    wolfen said:

Gail
    So nice to see your smiling face again and to hear that things are getting better all the time. So glad you have become re-employed. Hopefully, you can bid for a day shift in the future.

Be Well,

Wolfen

Wolfen it feels good to be
    Wolfen it feel good to be here again, although cns never went away, I just took a rest. It was healing time and I put a change on a lot of things I did.

hugs,gail
  • plh4gail
    ron50 said:

G'day Gail
    I am really glad that you are getting your share of quality time amongst the bad. Without the balance life is not much fun. I am glad you are working it is really important for your sense of worth. Best wishes for a healthy future. Ron.

Hi Ron
    Yep good times this summer. I hope all is well with you and all the flooding that went on over there.

hugs, gail
  • plh4gail
    MrsJP said:

Missed You!
    So glad to hear you've had a great summer with your family..Welcome back.

JP

JP summer was great
    and it has gone so fast, I want more. I guess I will just have to continue to live like every month is summer vacation!

hugs, gail
  • plh4gail

Gail
    Hi Gail, it's so good to hear from you. Glad your back to work, even if it's the lousy shift, fingers crossed a day one opens up soon!!!
    As for the arms killing you, I have the same problem, no solution though, wish I could help.
    Take care and don't be a stranger!!!
    Winter Marie

Hey Winter Marie it's good to be here
    and to share some good things after all the rough ones. While I'm working this night shift I'm going to apply for other positions and be on the look out for something else. I really want to get my Bachelors so I'm going to look into that too.

hugs, gail

oh ya...the arm bands I got, they do seem to take some of the tension off the area! Have you tried them?