Stopping treatments

mcflii
mcflii Member Posts: 28
Hi everybody. My mom has decided to stop all treatments for her cancer. I am not sure how to feel about it. Just takin it day by day and sometimes hour by hour. She is in good spirits and it seems is feelin pretty good! We go to the onco today to discuss the signs of when to call Hospice:( Not lookin forward to it. But she has made her decision and I am behind her 100%. She is the bravest person that I know to make a decision like this and I am both sad and angry at the same time. But who knows, she might just stay alive for longer than we think. I sure hope so. I don't think I am ready just yet to lose my momma. It's hard to think about her not being here at all, anymore!!! Anyway, gonna try to have another great day with her!! Thanks for readin!!!

Deb

p.s. cancercanstillkissit

Comments

• stayingcalm
    stayingcalm Member Posts: 650 Member
    Two brave people!
    You are a great daughter to stand behind your mother's decision, no matter how it disturbs you, and she is a very brave person to make that decision! Just my 2 cents!

May all be well,
    stayingcalm
  • NayPaul
    NayPaul Member Posts: 230 Member
    glad u support her
    What many people fail to see is that sometimes being strong is knowing when to no longer fight.... the most difficult decision many will make... and the the most difficult for us to support.... that's strength!
  • grannylove
    grannylove Member Posts: 183
    Deb
    Bless you for all the support you give your mother! Yes, she is a strong woman and she has raised a strong daughter. We are here for you and know you are never alone. May God surround you and your mother with His arms of peace. Prayers and Hugs Cheryl
  • Glenna M
    Glenna M Member Posts: 1,576
    Your mom
    I am amazed at how strong your mom is, she just made one of the toughest decisions anyone could make.

With her strength and determination she may be with you longer than anyone could expect.

Sending positive thoughts and prayers.
    Glenna
  • grannylove
    grannylove Member Posts: 183
    Thinking of you
    Deb, Just wanted you to know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. Stay strong, you are a wonderful daughter. God bless Cheryl
  • Kimmiann
    Kimmiann Member Posts: 46

Thinking of you
    Deb, Just wanted you to know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. Stay strong, you are a wonderful daughter. God bless Cheryl

you and your mom
    Deb,

You and your mom are in my prayers. I remember the day my dad decided to stop treatment. We called in Hospice soon after. Dad was able to get to know his Hospice nurse pretty well and it made things much easier since we all had trust in her.

Kim
  • Ex_Rock_n_Roller
    Ex_Rock_n_Roller Member Posts: 281 Member
    Cancercanstillkissit and youcanstillkickit (butt, that is)
    Deb,

I have loved your attitude ever since I first read one of your posts, and you are exactly the kind of person I'd want to have around if I had to make some tough decisions. Your mom is doing what she needs to do, and she is way more than lucky to have your support.

Stay strong!
  • NayPaul
    NayPaul Member Posts: 230 Member

Cancercanstillkissit and youcanstillkickit (butt, that is)
    Deb,

I have loved your attitude ever since I first read one of your posts, and you are exactly the kind of person I'd want to have around if I had to make some tough decisions. Your mom is doing what she needs to do, and she is way more than lucky to have your support.

Stay strong!

could not agree more
    :)