Recurrent Cervical Cancer stories

Options
In June 2009, at the age of 33, I was diagnosed with Staget 1b2 cervical cancer. I had significant lymph node involvement which has been closely monitored. I completed my initial treatment and was declared in remission in Feb of 2010.

A few weeks ago I was informed I have recurrent cervical cancer. I am having exploratory surgery next week to determine the extent. I am really hopful they caught it in enough time.

If you are a recurrent cervical cancer survivor, I would like to hear your story. I have tried to do my own research online but all that I seem to find are the extremely frightening statistics. Please share and give me hope that I will be able to beat this.

Thank you!

Comments

• beckyracn
    beckyracn Member Posts: 322
    Options
    There are some survivors out
    There are some survivors out there that have had recurrent cancer 2-3 times and they're still moving forward. I know that statistics are very frightening. I wish only the best for you on your journey. I am nearly 3 years out from treatments and I just finished up testing on my thyroid and parathyroids today. Body is doing strange things and my oncologist believes there is an adenoma present...time will tell. I know something is up cause they spent way to much time taking pics and measurements on the right side of my neck compared to the left. Life...