CP9- Colon Palooza 9

suzannchili
suzannchili Member Posts: 134 Member
Just a reminder that we have a big celebration of life coming up in Chicago Thursday, October 13, 2011 through Sunday, October 16, 2011 (Room rates applicable for Wednesday 10/12 too.)

Please make your hotel reservations by August 15th!

Blocked Room Information:
Embassy Suites Downtown $209 King Suite & $239 Double Suite
1 (800) 362-2779 **must reserve by August 15th
Group Event name: CP9
600 N. State Street l Chicago, IL 60654

Weekend Itinerary will look something like this, and you are welcome to join the group for any and all activities:
Thursday: 5-7pm hotel reception with drinks and light appetizers to kick-off event,go over weekend itinerary, pass out any goodies, make sure we have each other's phone numbers; go to Irish Pub after reception
Friday: morning sightseeing at Millenium Park, group lunch at 1pm location TBD, 6pm boat tour of downtown on river
Saturday: Navy Pier and Wrigley Park Tour during the day, evening pizza party and hang out

Please semd me a private message with your e-mail address and phone number if you will attend. We'll set up an e-mail group for attendees- to relay pertinent information about the weekend and not clog up the message board.

Thanks,
Suzann

Comments

• Buzzard
    Buzzard Member Posts: 3,043 Member
    done
    name rank and serial #
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    I'm trying to figure....
    how I can go for a night...

Hugs, Kathi
  • steve g
    steve g Member Posts: 58 Member
    Plan to attend
    Hope to be able to make it, if all goes as planned. I owe Buzzard and look forward to meeting him and thank in person for helping me when I needed it. Anyone know if Craig will be there?.....Steve
  • KathiM
    steve g said:

Plan to attend
    Hope to be able to make it, if all goes as planned. I owe Buzzard and look forward to meeting him and thank in person for helping me when I needed it. Anyone know if Craig will be there?.....Steve

Craig said a while back....
    That he was getting tickets...

I'll let him respond for certain...

Hugs, Kathi
  • suzannchili
    Buzzard said:

done
    name rank and serial #

got it
    Looking forward to meeting you!!
  • suzannchili
    steve g said:

Plan to attend

word on the street is...
    yes, Craig will be there.
  • scouty
    scouty Member Posts: 1,965 Member
    Book you rooms!!!!
    There are only 5 more rooms at the reduced rate and there is no guarantee Suzann can get more rooms with the same rate.

Sounds like some fun things to do Suzann, looking forward to hearing more as time goes.

Lisa P.
  • Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Sounds Like Fun
    This is the time that I'm really hating this disease. Everything sounds like so much fun, but I'd never know when my bathroom issues start or end. One good thing is, if I pooped my pants everyone in the room wouldn't be grossed out by what happened. LOL Hope a fun time is had by all.

Kim
  • scouty
    scouty Member Posts: 1,965 Member

Sounds Like Fun
    This is the time that I'm really hating this disease. Everything sounds like so much fun, but I'd never know when my bathroom issues start or end. One good thing is, if I pooped my pants everyone in the room wouldn't be grossed out by what happened. LOL Hope a fun time is had by all.

Kim

YOU ARE NOT ALONE!!!!
    Kim, we all have that issue ESPECIALLY being out of town and with all the excitement. That is the best part of the Paloozas, we can shrug off or laugh about stuff that usually would embarass us.

I've missed one things and been late for a few others because of it, not lately but a few years ago before things settled down. But, I still had a blast and it didn't matter. It's all part of living with the effects of rectal cancer. Remember that line from the Shawshank Redemption: "Get busy living or get busy dying."

We usually don't venture far from the hotel and will always be in places with clean b-rooms. You'll also have everyone's cell phones #s so if you have an episode, you call and catch up with us after it passes.

I like to see us set a new record for 1st time attendees this year and you're driving distance. There might not be a better time for you to make one. Besides I want to meet you. So there!

Lisa P.

PS. If you get off that senna daily, that will help stabalize your bowels and make them more predictable.
  • Sundanceh
    Sundanceh Member Posts: 4,392 Member

word on the street is...
    yes, Craig will be there.

Status
    Hey, that's the same rumor I heard too:)

LOL!

My wife did find us 1/2 price tickets when they had 6-seats left, so we jumped on them. A week or two before when I was looking they were double the price she got. It was just good timing.

We weren't able to stay at the hotel as much as we wanted to - we just could not swing it. We're supposed to be 20 minutes or so away I hear out near Lincoln Park. A dear friend is putting us up, or should I say "putting up" with us, LOL:)

We're grateful for the accomodations because without them, we would have missed this event and I wanted to get a chance to meet everybody.

Suzann: How is Larissa doin'? Please tell her hi from her old alumn. What a grand time we had on the patio last year - Fort Worth is still talking about it:)

-Craig
  • Kathryn_in_MN
    Kathryn_in_MN Member Posts: 1,252 Member
    scouty said:

Book you rooms!!!!
    There are only 5 more rooms at the reduced rate and there is no guarantee Suzann can get more rooms with the same rate.

Sounds like some fun things to do Suzann, looking forward to hearing more as time goes.

Lisa P.

Cost prohibitive
    This is pretty cost prohibitive for many of us financially destroyed by cancer.

There are 275 hotels in Chicago and surrounding area for under $100/nt, and another 100 under $150/nt. It might be an option for some people to do some digging to find an alternative if cost is keeping you from attending.

If you can't afford to go and stay at the official hotel, consider Howard Johnson's just 1/2 mile away for $95/nt, or Club Quarters, Wacker for $149/nt and it is just 2/10 mile away. Or stay one mile away at Hostelling International for $74/nt private room or $34 shared dorm (same-sex).

I won't know if I can attend or not till much closer to that time. One of the problems with ongoing treatment - I can't schedule anything much in advance. I could take the express bus and stay in the hostel, and maybe make it work. Again that all depends on how things are going for us financially at that point. As of today, I couldn't do it.
  • Lisa Rose
    Lisa Rose Member Posts: 598 Member
    scouty said:

YOU ARE NOT ALONE!!!!
    Kim, we all have that issue ESPECIALLY being out of town and with all the excitement. That is the best part of the Paloozas, we can shrug off or laugh about stuff that usually would embarass us.

I've missed one things and been late for a few others because of it, not lately but a few years ago before things settled down. But, I still had a blast and it didn't matter. It's all part of living with the effects of rectal cancer. Remember that line from the Shawshank Redemption: "Get busy living or get busy dying."

We usually don't venture far from the hotel and will always be in places with clean b-rooms. You'll also have everyone's cell phones #s so if you have an episode, you call and catch up with us after it passes.

I like to see us set a new record for 1st time attendees this year and you're driving distance. There might not be a better time for you to make one. Besides I want to meet you. So there!

Lisa P.

PS. If you get off that senna daily, that will help stabalize your bowels and make them more predictable.

Should be FUN!!!!
    Air and Hotel all booked - arriving on Wednesday, October 12th.

Cheers!
    Lisa
  • KathiM
    Still trying to get there....
    Hugs, Kathi
  • idlehunters
    idlehunters Member Posts: 1,787 Member
    KathiM said:

Still trying to get there....
    Hugs, Kathi

Kathy.....
    JUST GET THERE!!!! We gonna have a blast like last year! A lot of people are coming this year...... Craig..Buzz.... if we could just get John23 there that would be most the Perv's....oh...I mean cool guys :) c'mon girl...you gotta come!!!

Jennie
  • KathiM

Kathy.....
    JUST GET THERE!!!! We gonna have a blast like last year! A lot of people are coming this year...... Craig..Buzz.... if we could just get John23 there that would be most the Perv's....oh...I mean cool guys :) c'mon girl...you gotta come!!!

Jennie

Even the airlines want me....*smile*
    They keep sending me 'deals' to Chicago!!!

Hugs, Kathi
  • sladich
    sladich Member Posts: 429 Member
    CP9
    My trip is all booked. It looks like there will be several newbies - wonderful!
  • jams67
    jams67 Member Posts: 925 Member
    sladich said:

CP9
    My trip is all booked. It looks like there will be several newbies - wonderful!

CP9
    Don and I will be there and plan to stay Wed. - Monday. I've never been to Chicago and may never get back so we are planning a vacation around CP9. I am so pumped up about seeing everyone and making new friends! Jo Ann
  • thingy45
    thingy45 Member Posts: 632 Member
    jams67 said:

CP9
    Don and I will be there and plan to stay Wed. - Monday. I've never been to Chicago and may never get back so we are planning a vacation around CP9. I am so pumped up about seeing everyone and making new friends! Jo Ann

I am a newbee and would love
    I am a newbee and would love to come. Unfortunately... living in Canada... I am not able to secure out of the country medical insurance till I am NED for a year from the date of my operation. So there is always next year.
    Marjan
  • 2bhealed
    2bhealed Member Posts: 2,064 Member
    WOOOOOOHOOOOOO!!
    Just made my reservations! I cannot actually believe that this is really going to happen. I've had too many failures in the past to get there....but not this time!! (bar any crisis).

WOOHOO!

Chi-town here we come!

Can't wait to meet you all face to face!!

peace, emily

p.s. I am not lugging my juicer on the train with me HA!
  • Kathryn_in_MN
    Kathryn_in_MN Member Posts: 1,252 Member
    thingy45 said:

I am a newbee and would love
    I am a newbee and would love to come. Unfortunately... living in Canada... I am not able to secure out of the country medical insurance till I am NED for a year from the date of my operation. So there is always next year.
    Marjan

Options
    There is travel insurance that will cover you as long as you are healthy enough to travel at the time you book your trip, and purchase the insurance right away. The insurance is good for residents in the US or Canada. I helped the CCA with this for patients that got scholarships to their annual conference in June. Let me know if this is the only issue holding you back from going, and you want more info so you can go. It really isn't very expensive (based on age and cost of your trip), and is good coverage.