Hi, my dad is 73 and now has prostate cancer

Ambgms
Ambgms Member Posts: 3
He went for a bone scan and ct scan of abd and pelvis today but after the bone scan, the radiologist said they needed xrays and did like 15 of them and I was wondering why? Ty for any suggestions.

Comments

• nowrest
    nowrest Member Posts: 48 Member
    X-rays
    Sounds like over kill to me
  • Ambgms
    Psa 14 and Gleason score 7
    What treatment options do you think they may recommend to us on Monday? That's how long we have to wait to get the results from his tests done today. I have the CD, I'm thinking about bringing it into the hospital I work at tomorrow and having another doctor look at it, does anyone think that is wrong to do?
  • RP_Survivor
    RP_Survivor Member Posts: 7
    Ambgms said:

What treatment options do you think they may recommend to us on Monday? That's how long we have to wait to get the results from his tests done today. I have the CD, I'm thinking about bringing it into the hospital I work at tomorrow and having another doctor look at it, does anyone think that is wrong to do?

Get this book
    You should go to a book store and buy "Surviving Prostate Cancer". Its written by Dr. Patrick Walsh. He is the authority on prostate cancer. You can use the book to follow your Doctors advise/recommendations.
  • RP_Survivor
    Ambgms said:

Get this book
    You should go to a book store and buy "Surviving Prostate Cancer". Its written by Dr. Patrick Walsh. He is the authority on prostate cancer. You can use the book to follow your Doctors advise/recommendations.
  • RP_Survivor
    Ambgms said:

Get this book
  • RP_Survivor
    Ambgms said:

Get this book
  • RP_Survivor
    Ambgms said:

Get this book
  • RP_Survivor
    Ambgms said:

Get this book
  • RP_Survivor
    Ambgms said:

Get this book
  • Ambgms

Get this book

Thank you, I will go get
    Thank you, I will go get this book tomorrow. I want to be able to help my dad through this and want the best for him. Thanks again!
  • hopeful and optimistic
    hopeful and optimistic Member Posts: 2,339 Member
    Ambgms said:

Not wrong
    it is not wrong to seek information about your father. I would get a 2nd, 3rd, 4th or how many opinions it takes to be satified with what is presented.. too bad, if your doc doesn't like it...the doc works for you, ...you are his boss
  • VascodaGama
    VascodaGama Member Posts: 3,638 Member

Not wrong
    it is not wrong to seek information about your father. I would get a 2nd, 3rd, 4th or how many opinions it takes to be satified with what is presented.. too bad, if your doc doesn't like it...the doc works for you, ...you are his boss

Ambgms; X-Rays is common for focal examinations
    MRI indicates any millimetric deformation but a x-ray gives contrast similar to a bone scan, and it helps in checking local details.
    Your dad's doctor is doing the right thing. Wait for the results and the conclusions.
    Relax.

VG