Scott lost his battle

lmchils57
lmchils57 Member Posts: 59
Hi
I wanted to let you know that my son, Scott lost his 17 month battle with colon cancer on Tuesday night. He fought hard to live for his boys but in the end this ugly thing beat him. He leaves behind him 3 little boys who are struggling to understand why this had to happen to their daddy, we are all helping them deal with it but it is hard when we have the same questions they do.
I want to thank all of you for your support on the times I have had questions. This was a great place to get information.
Linda

Comments

• lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member
    Linda
    Linda,

This makes me sad to hear anytime someone loses to cancer, especially when little children are left without a parent. I have been in the fight for 4 years now & I have 3 children myself. I just have to keep the faith, keep hoping and praying, and keep being proactive and researching all I can find for myself.

Please accept my condolences on the passing of your son Scott. There's not much more I can say except that I will send up a prayer right now for you and the rest of Scott's family.

Lisa
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member
    lisa42 said:

Linda
    Linda,

This makes me sad to hear anytime someone loses to cancer, especially when little children are left without a parent. I have been in the fight for 4 years now & I have 3 children myself. I just have to keep the faith, keep hoping and praying, and keep being proactive and researching all I can find for myself.

Please accept my condolences on the passing of your son Scott. There's not much more I can say except that I will send up a prayer right now for you and the rest of Scott's family.

Lisa

please Linda accept my deepest condolences he be in
    my prayers today ,as well all your family and kids!.
    Rest in peace!
  • geotina
    geotina Member Posts: 2,111 Member
    Linda:
    I am so very sorry. Three little ones left without their dad. May you find the strength to help those three little boys with their grief as well as you deal with your own grief. As those boys grow up you will see your Scott in their eyes, things they do, and hopefully one day make you smile through the tears.

Take care - Tina
  • Sundanceh
    Sundanceh Member Posts: 4,392 Member
    Linda
    I'm so sorry to hear of this news. Through your postings I know that Scott did fight very hard - it is a difficult disease to understand, after 7-years of this stuff I feel like I know less and less about it.

I hate to see the devastating effect it has on families, especially spouses, partners, and children. That's the hurtful side of cancer.

Please accept my sincere condolences to you and your family and I hope one days his boys will come to realize what a hero their dad really was and what he stood for and fought for.

-Craig
  • here4lfe
    here4lfe Member Posts: 306 Member
    Sorry For Your Loss
    This is sad to hear.

Best
  • Lovekitties
    Lovekitties Member Posts: 3,364 Member
    Dear Linda
    So very sorry to hear that Scott lost this battle.

As you help his sons to live without him, may you find that in sharing your memories of his life it helps you all to have a lighter heart.

Praying for peace for you all,

Marie who loves kitties
  • mom_2_3
    mom_2_3 Member Posts: 953 Member
    Condolences
    Linda,

My condolences to you and the rest of Scott's family. May Scott's boys always remember his courage and his love for them.

Amy
  • smokeyjoe
    smokeyjoe Member Posts: 1,425 Member
    mom_2_3 said:

Condolences
    Linda,

My condolences to you and the rest of Scott's family. May Scott's boys always remember his courage and his love for them.

Amy

My sincere condolences to
    My sincere condolences to your family, this is very very sad news. Leena
  • rogina2336
    rogina2336 Member Posts: 188
    Words
    Words cannot describe.........So sorry for your family's loss. God bless Kim
  • daBeachBum
    daBeachBum Member Posts: 164
    So sorry for your loss
    Linda,

My heart goes out to you. I am very sorry for your family's loss and my thoughts are with you and the boys during this most difficult time.

Ray
  • pluckey
    pluckey Member Posts: 484 Member
    Linda,
    please accept my

Linda,

please accept my condolonces. I will lift a prayer for you and Scott's boys

((hugs))

Peggy
  • Kathleen808
    Kathleen808 Member Posts: 2,342 Member
    Linda
    Linda,
    I am so sorry that Scott has passed on and left his family including you and his sons. My prayers are with all of you.

Aloha,
    Kathleen
  • jjaj133
    jjaj133 Member Posts: 867 Member
    Dear Linda, my heart goes
    Dear Linda, my heart goes out to you and your family. I will pray that you find strength and in time peace.
    I am just so sorry.
    Judy
  • wolfen
    wolfen Member Posts: 1,324 Member
    jjaj133 said:

Dear Linda, my heart goes
    Dear Linda, my heart goes out to you and your family. I will pray that you find strength and in time peace.
    I am just so sorry.
    Judy

LInda
    My heart goes out to you and your precious family. Im sure the boys will know what a fine man he was.

So sorry,

Wolfen
  • christinecarl
    christinecarl Member Posts: 543 Member
    I am so sorry
    I am sorry that he lost his battle and now you and the rest of the family are left without him. I feel so bad for his children. Prayers for you all.
  • fatmomma
    fatmomma Member Posts: 95
    So very sorry
    I am very sorry to hear this. I will be praying for you and the three little ones.
    FM
  • Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Sorry
    So sorry for your loss. This disease is just terrible. Just want you to know that you all are thought of and prayed for. May you all have peace through this very difficult time.

Kim
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    So sorry
    Linda, I'm so very sorry for all the family. It's especially sad to think of the boys missing their dad. I hate cancer!

I'm glad you have been helped in the past by coming here, and please continue to do so, if you continue to need support.

*hugs*
    Gail
  • kmygil
    kmygil Member Posts: 876 Member
    I'm so sorry
    Linda, you and his boys are in my prayers. I am so very sorry about Scott's death.

Hugs,
    Kirsten
  • dorookie
    dorookie Member Posts: 1,731 Member
    I am so sorry for your loss
    I think we all have that same question in our minds, why why why, and I do not think anyone has the answer...we just have to play the cards we were dealt...I will keep all of you in my prayers, I hope and pray that someday those little boys will come to some understanding or at least some peace..

GOD BLESS YOU

Beth