It's more than I was expecting...

Glenna M
Glenna M Member Posts: 1,576
Got the call that I was dreading this morning. Cancer is back in the left lung and now I have it in the right lung with lymph nodes involved. Current plan is chemo only to see how the cancers react and then possible radiation. Surgery is not an option.

I'm still stunned and I'm having a private mini pity party. Tomorrow I will wake up in my fighting mode and nothing will stop me :)

Gratefully accepting all prayers, mojo, positive thoughts and whatever else you want to send to help me through this :)

Comments

• mom_of_2
    mom_of_2 Member Posts: 30
    So sorry to hear
    Oh Glenna, I'm so sorry to hear about this news. Of course, still praying for you. You were the first one here to support me and give me courage to deal with my dad's diagnosis. I'm always here to listen. Best wishes for great results with the chemo. Please keep in touch.

Chrissy
  • medi_2
    medi_2 Member Posts: 505 Member
    stay strong
    hugs and love!
    Medi
  • arndog64
    arndog64 Member Posts: 537
    medi_2 said:

stay strong
    hugs and love!
    Medi

So Sorry to hear about your
    So Sorry to hear about your results. I will be praying that the chemo will get the job done. I will be praying for you. Take care..
  • lekkerone
    lekkerone Member Posts: 199 Member
    Aw Glenna
    I am so very sorry to hear about your results. You have my prayers for sure. I often think of you and your positive attitude and the way in which you encourage others. Just know that now we are all here for you sending back all of that encouragment that you give so generously to others. Please keep us posted.
  • Glenna M
    lekkerone said:

Aw Glenna
    I am so very sorry to hear about your results. You have my prayers for sure. I often think of you and your positive attitude and the way in which you encourage others. Just know that now we are all here for you sending back all of that encouragment that you give so generously to others. Please keep us posted.

Thank you all
    Thank you all for the love, support, encouragement and prayers.

The initial shock has finally worn off and I think I've finally run out of tears :) I'm gonna be okay, I have faith in my doctors that they will hit this again with everything they have in their arsenal. I kicked it's butt into hiding for almost 2 years and I'm sure I will do it again.

Thank you all for being here for me when I need you, your the greatest!!!!

Hugs and love to everyone,
    Glenna
  • stayingcalm
    stayingcalm Member Posts: 650 Member
    All my love and best wishes, Glenna
    We can't let anything happen to you!
  • Glenna M

All my love and best wishes, Glenna
    We can't let anything happen to you!

Deb
    Thank you for the love and wishes...don't worry, I plan on being around for a long time, I enjoy being able to help and encourage others.

Hope you are feeling better soon.

Sending you hugs and love!!!
  • rozaroo
    rozaroo Member Posts: 665
    Glenna M said:

Deb
    Thank you for the love and wishes...don't worry, I plan on being around for a long time, I enjoy being able to help and encourage others.

Hope you are feeling better soon.

Sending you hugs and love!!!

Glenna
    I am here sending love & support! Also to learn!
    Sister Roz
  • z
    z Member Posts: 1,414 Member
    Glenna
    I pray that the next chemo regimen will knock this (bad word) out for once and for all. There is so much than can be done now to stop it, and I hope they find the right chemo to do just that. Lori
  • catcon49
    catcon49 Member Posts: 398
    z said:

Glenna
    I pray that the next chemo regimen will knock this (bad word) out for once and for all. There is so much than can be done now to stop it, and I hope they find the right chemo to do just that. Lori

Glenna
    I was hoping for good news for you. But sending prayers, love, hugs, positive thoughts and best wishes.

c
  • Ex_Rock_n_Roller
    Ex_Rock_n_Roller Member Posts: 281 Member
    Man, ...
    ... that just major-league stinks. I hope you can maintain the positive attitude that you always share. Mega-doses of healing mojo heading your way.
  • Dan620
    Dan620 Member Posts: 220
    Here for you
    Glenna, Im so sorry to hear this news, but know you have so many friends here pulling for you to beat this devil once and for all. Hugs and Prayers coming your way.... Dan
  • luz del lago
    luz del lago Member Posts: 449
    Dan620 said:

Here for you
    Glenna, Im so sorry to hear this news, but know you have so many friends here pulling for you to beat this devil once and for all. Hugs and Prayers coming your way.... Dan

Hugs for you...
    Glenna,

Don't come here too often, anymore, but I like to keep up with all the wonderful folks that were there for my husband and I.

I am so sorry to see the news you received. But my strongest prayers and best wishes are coming your way, dear one. You can do it! With God, your medical community, and especially, your deep and strong will!

In my thoughts and prayers,

Lucy
  • NayPaul
    NayPaul Member Posts: 230 Member
    you got it
    Strong positive thoughts coming at you.
  • grannylove
    grannylove Member Posts: 183
    Blasted cancer!!!!
    Geesh Glenna, so sorry for the results! I too am crying for you Sister. Blasted cancer! You are a strong individual so I have no doubt that you will fight with all available ammo and be victorious once again! You will be on my prayer card daily. Sending healing thoughts and hugs your way. Cheryl
  • sleepless in jersey
    sleepless in jersey Member Posts: 185
    I am so sorry
    I am so sorry Glenna...
    Like you said all the crying is done, now time to do your job, stay focused, positive and keep the faith and we will take care of the rest by bombarding him with our prayers for you!!
    Big hugs your way...
  • lynntaylor
    lynntaylor Member Posts: 39

I am so sorry
    I am so sorry Glenna...
    Like you said all the crying is done, now time to do your job, stay focused, positive and keep the faith and we will take care of the rest by bombarding him with our prayers for you!!
    Big hugs your way...

So sorry to hear the news...
    More thoughts & prayers coming your way...
  • jejohn
    jejohn Member Posts: 48
    Sending all of the above
    Sending all of the above your way!! Hope the new chemo wipes it out!!
  • mamacita5
    mamacita5 Member Posts: 254 Member
    jejohn said:

Sending all of the above
    Sending all of the above your way!! Hope the new chemo wipes it out!!

Darn it Glenna. I took two
    Darn it Glenna. I took two days off the site and you're in a pickle again. Well we all know you are one heck of a fighter, and have a fantastic attitude, so I think the chemo is going to kick it's bu++! I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. You are a tremendous support to so many of us when we are down. I am honored to support you.
  • LeeandShirley
    LeeandShirley Member Posts: 122 Member
    More than expecting....
    A little poem just for you Glenna,

When things go wrong as they sometimes will,
    When the road you're trudging seems all uphill.
    When the funds are low and the debts are high,
    And you want to smile, but you have to sigh.
    When care is pressing you down a bit,
    Rest if you must, but don't you quit.
    Life is queer with it's twists and turns,
    As every one of us at sometime learns.
    And many a failure turns about,
    When we might have won, had we stuck it out.
    Don't give up, though the pace seems slow,
    You will succeed with another blow.
    Success is failure turned inside out,
    The silver tint of the clouds of doubt.
    And you never can tell how close you are,
    It may be near when it seems so far.
    So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit,
    It's when things seem the worst, that you must not quit!
    Sending my prayers for a good result of the chemo,
    Shirley