je john where are you?

sleepless in jersey
sleepless in jersey Member Posts: 185
edited June 2011 in Lung Cancer #1
Jejohn~ Haven't seen you post in awhile and wondering how things are going?
Since you and Mom have pretty much the same situation wondering if your having a watery eye that just wont stop and so swollen in your face that Mom says she barely could put her glasses on?
Lots of positive energy going out to all...

Comments

• jejohn
    jejohn Member Posts: 48
    Hey! I have been being a
    Hey! I have been being a beach bum and leaving my computer at home. Things are going fine. I have no aches or pains which is a blessing. I had 3 scans today and find out results tomorrow. Trying to stay busy and not think about them. Praying the taxotere is working! Sorry to hear about your Mom's eye. I have not had that problem. Hope she talks to her nurse soon. How is she doing otherwise? Love that positive energy!!!!!
  • sleepless in jersey
    jejohn said:

Hey! I have been being a
    Hey! I have been being a beach bum and leaving my computer at home. Things are going fine. I have no aches or pains which is a blessing. I had 3 scans today and find out results tomorrow. Trying to stay busy and not think about them. Praying the taxotere is working! Sorry to hear about your Mom's eye. I have not had that problem. Hope she talks to her nurse soon. How is she doing otherwise? Love that positive energy!!!!!

So jealous the beach....
    AAAAhhh Good for you, you deserve it!!!
    Glad to hear your doing well so far, than again I knew you would.
    Mom goes every wed. for TX so the nurse practioner see's her and they all say its the Taxotere...LOL got to love it. They are no longer giving her the Decadron before or after anymore, I think do to the swelling? The eye tearing though is really sending her over the edge (its close to popping out her contact). She says she'll deal with it if this is what it takes for good scans...She is doing well otherwise.
    Continue to enjoy the sand between your feet...
    Please keep us posted with your scans!
  • jejohn

So jealous the beach....
    AAAAhhh Good for you, you deserve it!!!
    Glad to hear your doing well so far, than again I knew you would.
    Mom goes every wed. for TX so the nurse practioner see's her and they all say its the Taxotere...LOL got to love it. They are no longer giving her the Decadron before or after anymore, I think do to the swelling? The eye tearing though is really sending her over the edge (its close to popping out her contact). She says she'll deal with it if this is what it takes for good scans...She is doing well otherwise.
    Continue to enjoy the sand between your feet...
    Please keep us posted with your scans!

I got mixed reults today.
    I got mixed reults today. The taxotere seems to have worked on my bone mets and on the primary tumor!! Answered prayers!!!! But....the small spots in my lung have multiplied and grown a little. They are all still very small, all under 1 cm. I will start the pill, Tarceva, after I finish Whole Brain Radiation, which I start tomorrow. I have several new small mets to the brain and will undergo 15 treatments. So, all in all, things could be better, but could be so much worse. I still feel great and am ready for my new challenges. I hope your Mom's eye gets better soon. So glad to know she is doing well otherwise. Thanks so much for your positive posts!
  • z
    z Member Posts: 1,414 Member
    jejohn said:

I got mixed reults today. The taxotere seems to have worked on my bone mets and on the primary tumor!! Answered prayers!!!! But....the small spots in my lung have multiplied and grown a little. They are all still very small, all under 1 cm. I will start the pill, Tarceva, after I finish Whole Brain Radiation, which I start tomorrow. I have several new small mets to the brain and will undergo 15 treatments. So, all in all, things could be better, but could be so much worse. I still feel great and am ready for my new challenges. I hope your Mom's eye gets better soon. So glad to know she is doing well otherwise. Thanks so much for your positive posts!

JeJohn
    I wish your results could have been better too. You have such a positive outlook and that is going to help you with this next treatment. I am sending positive thoughts your way. I hope the Tarceva will knock out the little nodules from your lung and the radiation will zap the mets in the brain. I wish you well. Lori
  • sleepless in jersey
    jejohn said:

Good attitude
    Good attitude! I wish it was better results, but could be alot worse, so keep staying positive.
    Mom had the WBR and was fitted for this like catchers mitt she explaines, it did not hurt one bit, the only thing that bothered her once or twice for them to loosen it a tad it was a bit snug at the nose other than than it was quick and easy. She had it for 10 days the Rad wanted 15, but insurance would only approve 10. The first week she was fine toward the end of the 2nd wk she started getting really tired and her hair started to come out. I hope told you about a certain lotion and shampoo to you...
    Should I assume you tested positive to the trials, Mom was negative.
    I will be thinking about you and sending lots of positive energy your way, keep smiling and the world will smile back at you :)

Keep us posted or we'll keep posting for you...LOL
  • Glenna M
    Glenna M Member Posts: 1,576
    jejohn said:

Mixed results...
    Wish your results were better but as you said, they could be so much worse. Sending positive thoughts and prayers that the Tarceva and WBR have positive results and you will beat this!!!
  • jejohn
    z said:

JeJohn
    I wish your results could have been better too. You have such a positive outlook and that is going to help you with this next treatment. I am sending positive thoughts your way. I hope the Tarceva will knock out the little nodules from your lung and the radiation will zap the mets in the brain. I wish you well. Lori

Thank you so much! I am
    Thank you so much! I am ready for the battle! Hoping they will find a cure to help us all!!
  • jejohn
    Glenna M said:

Mixed results...
    Wish your results were better but as you said, they could be so much worse. Sending positive thoughts and prayers that the Tarceva and WBR have positive results and you will beat this!!!

Thank you for positive
    Thank you for positive thoughts and prayers. We need Jesus and each other!!
  • jejohn

Good attitude
    Good attitude! I wish it was better results, but could be alot worse, so keep staying positive.
    Mom had the WBR and was fitted for this like catchers mitt she explaines, it did not hurt one bit, the only thing that bothered her once or twice for them to loosen it a tad it was a bit snug at the nose other than than it was quick and easy. She had it for 10 days the Rad wanted 15, but insurance would only approve 10. The first week she was fine toward the end of the 2nd wk she started getting really tired and her hair started to come out. I hope told you about a certain lotion and shampoo to you...
    Should I assume you tested positive to the trials, Mom was negative.
    I will be thinking about you and sending lots of positive energy your way, keep smiling and the world will smile back at you :)

Keep us posted or we'll keep posting for you...LOL

Thanks for info abt. WBR.
    Thanks for info abt. WBR. Today went well. Only took about 10 minutes or so. Everyone at the Montgomery Cancer Center is so nice. The people at the radiation center really treat you like a friend.
    I did not test positive for the gene mutation. I have learned that alot of people who dd not have responded well. "Staying Calm" is one. My onc has already talked about some other drugs to try if Tarceva doesnt work though. But, it IS going to work!!!
    Hope your Mom is doing well. So sorry about the swelling.
    Headed to the beach again for awhile. The sand is calling my toes....LOL
    I will stay in touch and you do the same!
  • grannylove
    grannylove Member Posts: 183
    jejohn said:

Positive vibes...
    and lots of prayers coming your way jejohn! Sorry you are going thru all this. Keep the positive attitude......you can do this. Fill your pockets with the all the calmness that the ocean provides (in case you ever have a rainy day). Hope the WBR and Tarceva kicks cancer butt! Sunshine to ya. God bless.
    Cheryl
  • sleepless in jersey
    jejohn said:

Thanks for info abt. WBR.
    Thanks for info abt. WBR. Today went well. Only took about 10 minutes or so. Everyone at the Montgomery Cancer Center is so nice. The people at the radiation center really treat you like a friend.
    I did not test positive for the gene mutation. I have learned that alot of people who dd not have responded well. "Staying Calm" is one. My onc has already talked about some other drugs to try if Tarceva doesnt work though. But, it IS going to work!!!
    Hope your Mom is doing well. So sorry about the swelling.
    Headed to the beach again for awhile. The sand is calling my toes....LOL
    I will stay in touch and you do the same!

How are you doing
    How are you doing with your new TX?
    Haven't seen you post in a bit, your probably enjoying the BEACH huh...
    Hope all is well!

Happy 4th of July to all of you!!!!

Smile and the world will smile back at you....
  • jejohn

How are you doing
    How are you doing with your new TX?
    Haven't seen you post in a bit, your probably enjoying the BEACH huh...
    Hope all is well!

Happy 4th of July to all of you!!!!

Smile and the world will smile back at you....

Hey! Had a great 4th! Hope
    Hey! Had a great 4th! Hope you did too! Only 2 more radiations to go! So ready for that to be over! I am lucky that the cancer center is only 15 min. from my house. How is your Mom?Praying for strength for her and you!!!
  • sleepless in jersey
    jejohn said:

Hey! Had a great 4th! Hope
    Hey! Had a great 4th! Hope you did too! Only 2 more radiations to go! So ready for that to be over! I am lucky that the cancer center is only 15 min. from my house. How is your Mom?Praying for strength for her and you!!!

Listen to you
    Listen to you so happy and up beat, thats awsome! Hey after your 2 Rads what are you going to next (chemo wise)?
    We had a great 4th it was Mom & Dad's 44th anniversary so we went to there fav. resturant in NY Carmines yummie...
    Mom's hanging in there, she figured out that the Decadron that they were giving her in her IV during TX day was making her face swell/redness so they decreased the amt. from 10 to 4 and no side effects to day yeah!!! I believe she has next wed. TX than we get the script from the Doc yikes...We all know what thats like.
    Glad to hear your doing good :)
    Thanks for your prayers!
  • jejohn

Listen to you
    Listen to you so happy and up beat, thats awsome! Hey after your 2 Rads what are you going to next (chemo wise)?
    We had a great 4th it was Mom & Dad's 44th anniversary so we went to there fav. resturant in NY Carmines yummie...
    Mom's hanging in there, she figured out that the Decadron that they were giving her in her IV during TX day was making her face swell/redness so they decreased the amt. from 10 to 4 and no side effects to day yeah!!! I believe she has next wed. TX than we get the script from the Doc yikes...We all know what thats like.
    Glad to hear your doing good :)
    Thanks for your prayers!

Hurray for no side effects!
    Hurray for no side effects! Glad they got that figured out. I start Tarceva tomorrow. Thank goodness for Blue Cross because it is expensive. Will let you know how it goes. Side effects do not sound pleasant...but, I will take them if it will work!
    About to make a key lime cake for my radiation crew. They have been awesome. Talk back with you soon.
    "In confidence today, I will say to this mountain of sickness, be taken up and cast into the sea. I will not doubt, but believe that what the Lord has said, He will do. Knowing that as I have asked it in prayer, believing, I shall receive it." Mark 11:23
    Have a great weekend!!