Join us Walking, Swimming, Cycling, Weights, Paddling, Jogging and get SURVIVAL BOOST 3#

pete43lost_at_sea
pete43lost_at_sea Member Posts: 3,900 Member
Join us Walking, Swimming, Cycling, Weights, Paddling, Jogging and get SURVIVAL BOOST
post 1 had 147 posts.
post 2 had 112 that lots of exercise friends.

Now we have survival boost 3. Lets play poker with our cancer and take him to the cleaners.

See the first post here about the science of exercise.

This post started out as walking, but we are an open minded bunch and now we have many exercise types listed in the title. Just move if you can.

We also have the unique 100,000km 30 year clinical trial being run here. will anyone make this target, dare is say even earlier than 30 years. It would be just so amazing. Obviously we will all have to live that long to get an invite to the party.

In Sydney Australia, sylvania to sutherland. Bottle and all.
This is the walking post. I am walking to the naturopath right now.
I feel fine, with energy just bad diarrhea. Its good having a bag, I don't have to find a tree anymore. haha

If you have some energy and are well come for a walk with me today. A walk around the world if you will for 10 minutes to 5 hours whatever you can manage. going to do this everyday.

I used to hear " an apple a day keeps the doctor away "

Now I say to myself " a walk a day keeps the monster away"

search on exercise colorectal and recurrance, for details.

come on couch potatoes up and addem and move.

love to all,

Pete

ps I am out the door right now.

http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/factsheet/prevention/physicalactivity
1. What is the relationship between physical activity and colon cancer risk?
Colorectal cancer has been one of the most extensively studied cancers in relation to physical activity, with more than 50 studies examining this association. Many studies in the United States and around the world have consistently found that adults who increase their physical activity, either in intensity, duration, or frequency, can reduce their risk of developing colon cancer by 30 to 40 percent relative to those who are sedentary regardless of body mass index (BMI), with the greatest risk reduction seen among those who are most active (3–7). The magnitude of the protective effect appears greatest with high-intensity activity, although the optimal levels and duration of exercise are still difficult to determine due to differences between studies, making comparisons difficult. It is estimated that 30 to 60 minutes of moderate to vigorous physical activity per day is needed to protect against colon cancer (6, 7). It is not yet clear at this time whether physical activity has a protective effect for rectal cancer, adenomas, or polyp recurrence (3).
Physical activity most likely influences the development of colon cancer in multiple ways. Physical activity may protect against colon cancer and tumor development through its role in energy balance, hormone metabolism, insulin regulation, and by decreasing the time the colon is exposed to potential carcinogens. Physical activity has also been found to alter a number of inflammatory and immune factors, some of which may influence colon cancer risk.

Comments

• pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member
    Good Pete thanks for opening the new thread !
    This is going to be post number 261 , a big success but still 1739 remaing to get the goal!
    I'm going to walk just a few Kms. today as weather has dramatically changed to worst , can you believe that it's been heavily snowing today just 80 miles away from Barcelona? it's June!.
    Well I'm thinking about your idea of walking in Africa and I like it ! How can we do it ?
    Take care Mate!
  • plh4gail
    plh4gail Member Posts: 1,238 Member
    Ok..so I posted on the other
    Ok..so I posted on the other "walk" as post number 114....I'm not writing it again...lol

Love to ya, Gail
  • pepebcn
    plh4gail said:

Ok..so I posted on the other
    Ok..so I posted on the other "walk" as post number 114....I'm not writing it again...lol

Love to ya, Gail

Don't worry it counts as well Gail!
    Take care!
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn said:

Don't worry it counts as well Gail!
    Take care!

This is the correct thread guys !
    Post in here!
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn said:

This is the correct thread guys !
    Post in here!

Done som exercise loading a friends car with lots of summer
    stuff! , after that I have done about couple kilometers walking !
    Let's post my friends!
  • pepebcn said:

Done som exercise loading a friends car with lots of summer
    stuff! , after that I have done about couple kilometers walking !
    Let's post my friends!

This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • pepebcn
    unknown said:

What an interesting post Gracie!
    Great you start your exercises! Hope this post helps you to continue with them! We need to turn around the world walking twice so we must
    be in excellent shape!.
    Tomorrow I'm going to walk as much as I can in the beach , its a hard job! will post about!.
    Take care ,you are doing an excellent job!
  • SisterSledge
    SisterSledge Member Posts: 332 Member
    4-5 hours gardening
    Pulling big weeds...I think I over-did it. Hoping I won't hurt too bad in the morning.
  • 4-5 hours gardening
    Pulling big weeds...I think I over-did it. Hoping I won't hurt too bad in the morning.

• SisterSledge
    SisterSledge Member Posts: 332 Member
    unknown said:

dunno about walking
    I'm feeling rather stiff now and I've had a soak in a hot tub already...we'll just have to see when I try to get out of bed ;-)

I've had a good harvest of mint, parsley, rhubarb, chard, bok choy, lettuce and spinach...raspberries, elderberries, onions and peas coming along well. I planted basil seedlings today and some cosmos yesterday. I'm trying to get the back half of the garden weeded so I can plant corn and bean seeds. Last year I never got to it because I was sick and this year that part of the garden is really over-run. As long as I only gaze upon the first half of the garden, it looks great!

Be well,
    Janine
  • pete43lost_at_sea

dunno about walking
    I'm feeling rather stiff now and I've had a soak in a hot tub already...we'll just have to see when I try to get out of bed ;-)

I've had a good harvest of mint, parsley, rhubarb, chard, bok choy, lettuce and spinach...raspberries, elderberries, onions and peas coming along well. I planted basil seedlings today and some cosmos yesterday. I'm trying to get the back half of the garden weeded so I can plant corn and bean seeds. Last year I never got to it because I was sick and this year that part of the garden is really over-run. As long as I only gaze upon the first half of the garden, it looks great!

Be well,
    Janine

your harvest sounds so good.
    hi janine,

I wished I had a hot tub. how awesome.
    did you see the photo you asked for in the expressions.

wife dragged me out for 500 meter walk which was enough.

hugs,
    pete
  • pete43lost_at_sea
    still 100 squats
    when will this end.
    i hope you all get some exercise today.

hugs,
    pete
  • plh4gail
    plh4gail Member Posts: 1,238 Member
    A little shopping and lots
    A little shopping and lots of walking on State Street in Santa Barbara. It's an outdoor shopping street with every store you can imagine! And lots of yummy restaurants too :)

Love, Gail
  • still 100 squats
    when will this end.
    i hope you all get some exercise today.

hugs,
    pete

• thxmiker
    thxmiker Member Posts: 1,278 Member
    My wife has joined me and
    My wife has joined me and the kids for our morning walk! (The kids are a Beagle mix and a Pekingenese mix.) She also joined me in the Zone diet. We now walk 3-4kms in the morning and another 2-3kms in the evening. We turned off the TV three months ago to be able to concentrate on walking and enjoying each other.

Best Always, mike
  • thxmiker said:

My wife has joined me and the kids for our morning walk! (The kids are a Beagle mix and a Pekingenese mix.) She also joined me in the Zone diet. We now walk 3-4kms in the morning and another 2-3kms in the evening. We turned off the TV three months ago to be able to concentrate on walking and enjoying each other.

Best Always, mike

• pete43lost_at_sea
    thxmiker said:

Best Always, mike

that great mike
    i'll try that myself, i know my dogs are not happy with me.
    did 3km at 7km/h over 30minutes about 3.75 mets
    on treadmill at gym for the first time ever.
    also the first workout since hospital. figured it was about time.

hugs,
    pete
  • pepebcn

that great mike
    i'll try that myself, i know my dogs are not happy with me.
    did 3km at 7km/h over 30minutes about 3.75 mets
    on treadmill at gym for the first time ever.
    also the first workout since hospital. figured it was about time.

hugs,
    pete

Good Pete ! mike and others!
    It's been 3 days just doing nothing !, not good weather in the weekend and feeling tired today, even that I been shopping with my wife for a couple of hours! Really tired !.
    Get fun, get healthy keep walking !
  • pete43lost_at_sea
    pepebcn said:

Good Pete ! mike and others!
    It's been 3 days just doing nothing !, not good weather in the weekend and feeling tired today, even that I been shopping with my wife for a couple of hours! Really tired !.
    Get fun, get healthy keep walking !

dear pepe, rest and get well.
    my golden rule from the extreme health nuts is if you are tired do n't exercise. let your body heal, recover and then walk.
    i waited now almost a full month from operation to even a 3km walk.
    today i did a 10km walk at the gym over 90 minutes with lots of lovelly ladies.
    maybe review diet and give body a boost.

come on everyone, lets exercise.

hugs,
    pete
  • thingy45
    thingy45 Member Posts: 632 Member

dear pepe, rest and get well.
    my golden rule from the extreme health nuts is if you are tired do n't exercise. let your body heal, recover and then walk.
    i waited now almost a full month from operation to even a 3km walk.
    today i did a 10km walk at the gym over 90 minutes with lots of lovelly ladies.
    maybe review diet and give body a boost.

come on everyone, lets exercise.

hugs,
    pete

Treadmill
    I invested in a treadmill, because I have NO bag .... so I need...bushes, trees, Portopotty, just in case I wear a diaper. LOL.
    Treadmill is great, pu I-Pod on it or my spoken book and "voila" I walk at my own pace. When the weather is good I try to go outside.
    When will this potty thing end? It is now 6 weeks after my operation?
    Hugs,
    marjan