Persistent cough

Has anyone had any problems with coughing? My husband went to the doctor for it but they said that it was nothing to worry about and that his lungs were clear. They gave him cough syrup with codeine but the cough still has not gone away.

He went through round 3 Chemo Rituxan/Bendamustine last Monday, Tues and Wednesday. Besides the normal sides effects of just feeling lousy and being tired all the time, having the cough has helped.

Sorry that I haven't posted in a while. Hope every is doing well..I mean as well as can be expected.

Thank you and God Bless.

Comments

• Faith_
    Faith_ Member Posts: 56
    No one???
    Okay, thank you.
  • vinny59
    vinny59 Member Posts: 1,036 Member
    cough
    I had a horrible cough during my treatments, I been out of treatment for about 6 months now and the coughing is gone. Does he have allergies? Vinny
  • dixiegirl
    dixiegirl Member Posts: 1,043 Member
    vinny59 said:

cough
    I had a horrible cough during my treatments, I been out of treatment for about 6 months now and the coughing is gone. Does he have allergies? Vinny

I've had one now for years
    I have no clue why my cough has stuck around for so long. It's like a tickle that I can't scratch. My onc says it could be acid reflux and to take some tums, sometimes it does go away!

Try anything.
  • miss maggie
    miss maggie Member Posts: 929
    dixiegirl said:

I have no clue why my cough has stuck around for so long. It's like a tickle that I can't scratch. My onc says it could be acid reflux and to take some tums, sometimes it does go away!

Try anything.

terrible cough
    Hello,

Many years ago I started couphing terrible. Since I was a smoker, everyone was telling
    me it was a cigarette cough. Everything is blamed on cigarettes. I never had a couph before.
    I went from doctor to doctor. Finally I found the right doctor who is still my regular doctor.
    He gave me an allergy test. Well, it turned out I was allergic to dust, mold, and cat.

After my precious dog passed away, my husband and daughter took me to a shelter to adopt a kitten. This was in March. I started coughing the end of august. It took me many months for the allergy to appear. I was given allergy shots for cat slowly over months, and I am no longer allergic to cats. I would not give her away. This was long ago, perhaps in 1986

You could of developed an allergy to something. Love Maggie
  • Faith_
    vinny59 said:

cough

Allergies??
    Hum..I'm wondering if his allergies many have come back. In the past he suffered from allergies a lot and usually during the summer drier months. I will mention this to the doctor when we see him tomorrow.

I've been worried...thank you for responding.

Vinny, I pray for the day that my husband will be "out of treatment". :-))

God Bless!
  • Faith_

terrible cough
    Hello,

Many years ago I started couphing terrible. Since I was a smoker, everyone was telling
    me it was a cigarette cough. Everything is blamed on cigarettes. I never had a couph before.
    I went from doctor to doctor. Finally I found the right doctor who is still my regular doctor.
    He gave me an allergy test. Well, it turned out I was allergic to dust, mold, and cat.

After my precious dog passed away, my husband and daughter took me to a shelter to adopt a kitten. This was in March. I started coughing the end of august. It took me many months for the allergy to appear. I was given allergy shots for cat slowly over months, and I am no longer allergic to cats. I would not give her away. This was long ago, perhaps in 1986

You could of developed an allergy to something. Love Maggie

Pets
    Maggie,
    We have two dogs....Yikes, let's hope it's not Buster and Harley!!!!

Thank you.
  • Faith_
    dixiegirl said:

Try anything.

Tums
    We've tried throat lozengers, hot tea with lemon and honey. Haven't tried the tums but will give that a try.

Thank you.
  • vinny59
    vinny59 Member Posts: 1,036 Member
    Faith_ said:

Allergies??
    Hum..I'm wondering if his allergies many have come back. In the past he suffered from allergies a lot and usually during the summer drier months. I will mention this to the doctor when we see him tomorrow.

God Bless!

out
    They are three great words, "out of treatment"!!!!!! he will be!
  • miss maggie
    miss maggie Member Posts: 929
    Faith_ said:

Pets
    Maggie,
    We have two dogs....Yikes, let's hope it's not Buster and Harley!!!!

Thank you.

Your 2 dogs
    Dear Faith,

I certainly hope not. How long do you have the 2 dogs? Not to worry. If you're
    anything like me, not getting rid of my pet. The doctor can desensitize you for dog. Let me see if my memory
    is good. The doctor started me off with the shots more often, maybe weekly or every 2 weeks, then monthly. I think you get the idea. It was well worth it. If you can, try and brush the
    dogs daily, and wipe them down with a wet cloth daily.

Good luck with your doctor visit. Please post the results. Love Maggie
  • JoanieP
    JoanieP Member Posts: 573
    Faith_ said:

Allergies??

God Bless!

Faith
    I went to the ENT Dr. today for coughing, suffy nose in the morning and sore throats on and off since chemo 2 years ago. I took medicine for acid reflux and she has numbed my nose and throat 3 times. They put a very long scope up your nose and it goes down your throat. Anyway today she put me on nose spray. I didn't tell her I had 4 cats that sleep on my head and anywhere else they want. I would never get rid of them even if I have to take medicine for life. So I hope the spray helps so I don't have to go to a gastroligist. I basically only cough a little at night. I often wonder when I am sound asleep if a cats sits on my face. :) I know how hard it must be to watch your hubby be sick. God bless you and your husband.
  • KC13167
    KC13167 Member Posts: 215
    JoanieP said:

Faith
    I went to the ENT Dr. today for coughing, suffy nose in the morning and sore throats on and off since chemo 2 years ago. I took medicine for acid reflux and she has numbed my nose and throat 3 times. They put a very long scope up your nose and it goes down your throat. Anyway today she put me on nose spray. I didn't tell her I had 4 cats that sleep on my head and anywhere else they want. I would never get rid of them even if I have to take medicine for life. So I hope the spray helps so I don't have to go to a gastroligist. I basically only cough a little at night. I often wonder when I am sound asleep if a cats sits on my face. :) I know how hard it must be to watch your hubby be sick. God bless you and your husband.

You Silly!
    Joannie,

Don't you dare pay another co-pay! You've diagnosed yourself! I betcha that maybe more than one cat is sleeping on your head at night! Maybe you could get allergy shots. My allergies blossomed when I was 35. I had 28 environmental allergies, including cats. I thought the allergist's head was gonna spin when I asked for injections rather than get rid of my cat. He finally gave in. Hard to trust a person who thinks getting rid of your pet is no big deal. Anyway, the allergy shots worked and improved my quality of life. I still take zertec and singular each night and I still get to snuggle with my two kitties. Love them!

Kellie
  • JoanieP
    JoanieP Member Posts: 573
    KC13167 said:

You Silly!
    Joannie,

Don't you dare pay another co-pay! You've diagnosed yourself! I betcha that maybe more than one cat is sleeping on your head at night! Maybe you could get allergy shots. My allergies blossomed when I was 35. I had 28 environmental allergies, including cats. I thought the allergist's head was gonna spin when I asked for injections rather than get rid of my cat. He finally gave in. Hard to trust a person who thinks getting rid of your pet is no big deal. Anyway, the allergy shots worked and improved my quality of life. I still take zertec and singular each night and I still get to snuggle with my two kitties. Love them!

Kellie

only four
    Kelli
    In case you didn't see my post awhile back. There is a known rule. 4 cats you are sane, 5 you are a crazy cat lady!!! Just thought you should know the rule!!!
  • Faith_
    JoanieP said:

only four
    Kelli
    In case you didn't see my post awhile back. There is a known rule. 4 cats you are sane, 5 you are a crazy cat lady!!! Just thought you should know the rule!!!

Lisinopril
    We know what the problem is...Lisinopril Cough. Husband takes Lisinopril as one of meds for his heart condition. One of the side effects to this medication is a persistent cough. Wow...if he doesn't have enough problems!!!

Actually we have 4 dogs...Rat Terrier-Harley, Mimi Poodle (buster) and Bella not sure what mix she is. :-))))

Thanks everyone!!!
  • KC13167
    KC13167 Member Posts: 215
    JoanieP said:

only four
    Kelli

Joanie, woo hoo!
    I will stay under the crazy cat lady number now that I know it!

Kellie