Skincare and Beauty Products

jazzy1
jazzy1 Member Posts: 1,379
Wishing I could be part of your ELITE group, as out of treatments only 1-1/2 yrs. Since you all are my "vision group", I'd appreciate some help on this subject. If anyone has answers and/or recommendations, surely you do ----- members of this special group.

I've been so adamant researching on the foods I put in my mouth and the exercising I put my body thru that I forgot one important area -- SKIN CARE & BEAUTY PRODUCTS.

There's so much to know and I've only begun. As we know our skin is our largest organ and absorbs anything applied to it, which then enters the bloodstream. Starting to review products and labels and right now in overload. If I look at my Maybelline Big Lash mascara and Beauti Control Serum Facial Lotion ingredients, they both need to go in the trash. Now where do I go?

Anyone have input and guidance? I've learned from others, just because the outside label reads "natural" doesn't mean it truly is what it's cracked up to be.

Great area for guidance www.ewg.org

Suggestions?

Thanks,
Jan

Comments

• Tethys41
    Tethys41 Member Posts: 1,382 Member
    Not yet a LONG term survivor either
    I too am only about 1 1/2 years out, but have some guidelines I follow with regard to these products. I read a book indicating that alcohol containing products can contribute to cancer. The rule of thumb in that book was, if any of the ingredients in a product have "propyl" in it, it is not a good choice. This eliminates most products. I have found the Aubrey line of hair care products do not contain any propyl ingredients. And I've started using Evening Primrose oil, the type in capsules, instead of facial moisurizer, which has eliminated my crow's feet, something moisturizers never did. Mouthwash and toothpaste are also items I am careful about, and I do not color my hair.
  • Aspen1234
    Aspen1234 Member Posts: 6
    Natural Products

Hey Jan! Thanks for your post. I am looking for a natural shampoo. I do not use drugstore brands at all. There are all natural and organic products and there are transitional natural products that are mostly but not 100% natural. Avalon Organics is one brand with organic ingredients. I like Bare Minerals cosmetics and Origins products. Bare Minerals foundation has some sunscreen protection. I use natural, organic oils for moisturiser, coconut oil and olive oil. Buying organic produce and products is important. They should be labelled USDA Organic. I am a 25 year survivor of an early melanoma! Good luck to you!