Taxotere

Mom is now on Taxotere just started yesterday was on carbo/alimta.
Scans showed some growths shrunk some grew and brain clear.
Could anybody shed some light on these awful side affects we have the heads up on?
Thanks and God Bless...Sleepless in jersey

Comments

• jejohn
    jejohn Member Posts: 48
    I have pretty much the same
    I have pretty much the same situation as your mom. I have had two treatments of taxotere and have had no side effects. I had the usual tired feeling after the first treatment, but nothing a nap or two couldn't fix. I was not as tired the second go round. I am also on Avastin. I am so glad I didn't have the side effects my doctoe told me I could have, and I hope your mom gets along fine.
  • sleepless in jersey
    sleepless in jersey Member Posts: 185
    jejohn said:

I have pretty much the same
    I have pretty much the same situation as your mom. I have had two treatments of taxotere and have had no side effects. I had the usual tired feeling after the first treatment, but nothing a nap or two couldn't fix. I was not as tired the second go round. I am also on Avastin. I am so glad I didn't have the side effects my doctoe told me I could have, and I hope your mom gets along fine.

FATIGUE
    Yup thats how she sounded yest. afternoon like it was a struggle to move her lips, but so far ok. Hope not to get the side affects either she was very emotional when they told her about the 2 side affects 1 being discolorationa nd poss. falling off of nails and the darkening of the skin where the chemo goes.

There not giving her avastin with it. There plan is 3 on 1 off for 12 wks than scans how about you?
    Thanks for your input...sleepless in jersey
  • jejohn

FATIGUE
    Yup thats how she sounded yest. afternoon like it was a struggle to move her lips, but so far ok. Hope not to get the side affects either she was very emotional when they told her about the 2 side affects 1 being discolorationa nd poss. falling off of nails and the darkening of the skin where the chemo goes.

There not giving her avastin with it. There plan is 3 on 1 off for 12 wks than scans how about you?
    Thanks for your input...sleepless in jersey

I receive treatment every 3
    I receive treatment every 3 weeks with scans scheduled after 4 treatments. Praying it works for all.
  • sleepless in jersey
    jejohn said:

I receive treatment every 3
    I receive treatment every 3 weeks with scans scheduled after 4 treatments. Praying it works for all.

Im sorry do you have "it" anywhere else?
    My Mom's is both lungs, spine, brain and pelvis. Age 60 and no symptoms at all...

She wishes it was every 3 wks TX but no.
    She had brain surg. to remove the 6mm mass and than WBR for 10days than straight for the good stuff.

knock on wood she's been holding her own sickness and all.
    How about you?
    I wish everybody to have GOOD scan results, but we all know that does'nt always happen.

Lots of thoughts prayers your way.
  • jejohn

Im sorry do you have "it" anywhere else?
    My Mom's is both lungs, spine, brain and pelvis. Age 60 and no symptoms at all...

She wishes it was every 3 wks TX but no.
    She had brain surg. to remove the 6mm mass and than WBR for 10days than straight for the good stuff.

knock on wood she's been holding her own sickness and all.
    How about you?
    I wish everybody to have GOOD scan results, but we all know that does'nt always happen.

Lots of thoughts prayers your way.

Yes, mine has spread to my
    Yes, mine has spread to my spine and pelvis. Had my third dose of taxotere yesterday. Will have a PET after the 4th treatment. Unfortunately, my brain MRI was read wrong, and I have two new spots in my brain. They decided since they are so small, they will hold off on the WBR for awhile. Will have another brain MRI in a month. They wanted to keep on with the chemo. Its a roller coaster ride daily. Sending prayers your way as well.
  • sleepless in jersey
    jejohn said:

Yes, mine has spread to my
    Yes, mine has spread to my spine and pelvis. Had my third dose of taxotere yesterday. Will have a PET after the 4th treatment. Unfortunately, my brain MRI was read wrong, and I have two new spots in my brain. They decided since they are so small, they will hold off on the WBR for awhile. Will have another brain MRI in a month. They wanted to keep on with the chemo. Its a roller coaster ride daily. Sending prayers your way as well.

Im sorry about
    Im sorry about the radiologist reading your MRI wrong! From the little bit that im learning about all of this is when we went to see the radiologist she said the rads do all the work to the head and not 100% of the chemo goes to the head thats why the radiologist was focusing on the WBR and let the onc focus on the rest of the body.

Mom will get scans after 4TX's as well, so were looking the begining of Aug.
    Yes it is a roller coaster and im having my days boy...She gotten sick now a couple of time now, dinner does nothing for her, but the other 2 meals are fine and now she's starting to swell around her eyes and bridge of nose just like when she was on the steroid, but she's only taking the steroid before and during thats it??

Mom's having 3rd TX this morning. The fatigue is starting to wear her down.
    Lots of prayers your ways...