UPDATE ON MY DAD.

linz1982
linz1982 Member Posts: 18
Well My dad has started his treatments. Today was his first radiation treatment. He got the stitches out yesterday and the radiologist wanted to start treatments ASAP. So he has to do 2 to 3 weeks of radiation on his head to shrink the tumors and then after that he starts chemo. He is doing pretty good but he is very scared. He is angry now. Angry for having cancer and angry because he has to take all this medicine. My dad isnt a med taker unless he absolutely has too. He was going on to me how he didnt want to put my life on pause for something he did. And i told him he didnt do anything to get this and that I would rather be home helping mom take care of him then hanging with friends all the time. I still have a life, i study and see my friends once a week or once every 2 weeks and im perfectly fine with that. Just want to beat this or atleast keep it under control. I am starting to feel angry myself. Dont know if that is normal or not for a caregiver. But I am very mad. I'm not in the upset stage anymore. I have dealt with this my own way and im past that stage. I just want to curse for him getting this but I dont. I keep my anger undercontrol. I dont want to upset him by no means. Well I know i am rambling so i will end this. Thank you for the people that reply to my posts and for the advice.

Comments

• 3Mana
    3Mana Member Posts: 811
    Life goes on
    Linz,
    Sounds like you love your dad alot and it's nice that you want to help your mom out. Its a natural thing for someone who's been diagnosed with cancer to have angry feelings. My husband died last year from lung cancer (side effect from one of his chemos) and I am still angry. Why does it always happen to the good people, when there are so many losers walking around healthy??? Don't totally give up your friends. It can be overwhelming to see someone you love go through this and you need a social outlet.
    Just let your dad know how much you love him but don't give up living!
    Take care! Carole
  • linz1982
    linz1982 Member Posts: 18
    3Mana said:

Life goes on
    Linz,
    Sounds like you love your dad alot and it's nice that you want to help your mom out. Its a natural thing for someone who's been diagnosed with cancer to have angry feelings. My husband died last year from lung cancer (side effect from one of his chemos) and I am still angry. Why does it always happen to the good people, when there are so many losers walking around healthy??? Don't totally give up your friends. It can be overwhelming to see someone you love go through this and you need a social outlet.
    Just let your dad know how much you love him but don't give up living!
    Take care! Carole

I defiantely wont give up.
    I defiantely wont give up. Our family is a bunch of fighters and very strong. I'm not giving up my friends. Just with treatments going on my mom will need my help so she is going to tell me to get outta the house...lol. i dont want her thinking im abandoning her.