20 month PSA

lewvino
lewvino Member Posts: 1,010
Just returned from the Doctor. My 20 month post Davinci Surgery PSA is 0! Next check will be in october at 26 months and if all clear the Doctor is moving me to a yearly cycle. All has been good so far inspite of the positive Margin noted post surgery.

Larry (lewvino)

Robotic surgery 08/12/09 at Vanderbilt, Nashville TN.

Final Path report:

20% of the prostate Involved
Tumor graded at T2C
Pre surgery Gleason 4+3 (7)
Post surgery Gleason after examing the entire prostate modified to 3+4 (7)
Lymph Glands Clear, Positive Margin Noted in Right Apex
Twenty month PSA - 0

Comments

• ProfWagstaff
    ProfWagstaff Member Posts: 98 Member
    Congratulations, Larry!!
    That is excellent news. You've put this thing in your rear-view mirror for another 6 months. You have my best wishes for many many more zeroes!
  • VascodaGama
    VascodaGama Member Posts: 3,638 Member
    Larry, my friend survivor
    It is nice to know about your zeros. I am confident that those "positive margins" were in fact "negative". I hope your continuous diagnosis with no changes, in October and after that.

Cheers to you.
    VG
  • silverfox1
    silverfox1 Member Posts: 36
    20 month PSA results
    Larry,

WOW!! Great news! So happy for you! Want to thank you for sharing the good news and for being so supportive of all of us who have posted our concerns and experiences on this forum.

looking forward to the next ZERO reading.
  • Kongo
    Kongo Member Posts: 1,166 Member
    Sweet
    Very happy for you Larry

K
  • mrspjd
    mrspjd Member Posts: 694 Member
    Kongo said:

Sweet
    Very happy for you Larry

K

Congrats on reaching another milestone!
    Larry,

When I first posted to the CSN PCa forum exactly one year ago today, your compassionate and supportive welcome was very much appreciated. Being greeted with your thoughtful and caring post made a difference for me and my husband.

So happy to read of your continuing good news and great results.

Now go out and do some serious celebrating!!

mrs pjd
  • CharlieG
    CharlieG Member Posts: 67
    Congrats, Larry!
    An inspiring report for you! Here's to years of zeros...
  • mrshisname
    mrshisname Member Posts: 186
    CharlieG said:

Congrats, Larry!
    An inspiring report for you! Here's to years of zeros...

AWESOME!!
    Quite awesome news!! CONGRATS!!
  • JR1949
    JR1949 Member Posts: 230
    Fantastic News Larry
    That's fantastic news Larry. May God bless you with many more zero's.
    Odd when we were in school the last we wanted was a zero, NOW we want a ZERO!!!

JR
  • BRONX52
    BRONX52 Member Posts: 156
    Larry --Glad to hear the
    Larry --Glad to hear the good news !!! Keep those undetectable readings coming. Your readings were similar to mine, gleason (3+4) 7 and positive margins following davinci surgery in feb-2010. Only difference is that I chose to have adjuvant radiation after the surgery due to the positive margins. So far/so good. Once again, congrats on your good fortune--Dan
  • lewvino
    lewvino Member Posts: 1,010
    BRONX52 said:

Larry --Glad to hear the
    Larry --Glad to hear the good news !!! Keep those undetectable readings coming. Your readings were similar to mine, gleason (3+4) 7 and positive margins following davinci surgery in feb-2010. Only difference is that I chose to have adjuvant radiation after the surgery due to the positive margins. So far/so good. Once again, congrats on your good fortune--Dan

It will be interesting to
    It will be interesting to compare notes with you as time goes on since are cases are similiar. I've chosen to wait and see on the positive margin. Wishing you the best on your journey!

Larry
  • bdhilton
    bdhilton Member Posts: 846 Member
    Congrats Larry! And better
    Congrats Larry! And better yet you get to go to annual PSA test after your next test…that is a huge step.

A wise doctor with PCa that use to comment here and lives in Atlanta stated that in reality your outcome after treatment is “luck of the draw”…

At my 13 month test I am still shooting ZEROs with many “statistically” factors against me…So who knows…

Enjoy the moment and celebrate life

My Prostatic Cancer Staging Summary:

Tumor Type: Acinar with Focal Ductal Differentiation

Gleason Score
    Primary + Secondary: 4+3=7
    Tertiary: Pattern 5

Location Main Tumor: Prostatic Base
    Location Additional Tumor Nodules: Left Apex, Right Apex, Right Mid, Left Mid, and Left Base

Extraprostatic Extension
    Focal (<2 Microscopic FOCI): N/A
    Established (Extensive): Present and Extensive

Margins
    Apical Margin: Free of Tumor
    Bladder and Urethral: Free of Tumor
    Other Surgical Margins: Positive, right mid Prostate

Seminal Vesicles: Positive for Carcinoma
    Location, If Involved: Right Seminal Vesicles

Perineural Invasion: Present

Lymphatic/Vascular Invasion: Not Identified

Total Lymph Nodes: 2
    Number positive: 0
    Tumor Volume Approximately 18%
    Tumor (T): pT3b
    Metastasis (M): pMX
    Nodes (N): pN0
  • orcaman
    orcaman Member Posts: 6
    Great
    Great news Larry. It is great to be a zero for a change. Keep it up and Godspeed.
    What I forgot to mention in my update is I was rated as T1c.

Carl
  • ejn
    ejn Member Posts: 64
    Great News Larry, I went
    Great News Larry, I went for my 6 month in April and the doc decided to wait for the one year mark. I guess he is not worried, but I hardly think about it either.
  • Bmrguy8
    Bmrguy8 Member Posts: 7
    ejn said:

Great News Larry, I went
    Great News Larry, I went for my 6 month in April and the doc decided to wait for the one year mark. I guess he is not worried, but I hardly think about it either.

Congratulations Larry.
    Congratulations Larry. I hope to celebrate many more successful outcomes with you and everyone here on CSN.

And to bdhilton....Wow, you are really beating the odds. I have stage T3A N1 PCa with extraprostatic extension and a single positive lymph node on my pathology report. I just celebrated my first RRP post op PSA test result of zero. I hope to follow in your successful footsteps.

Rick
  • JR1949
    JR1949 Member Posts: 230
    CONGRATULATIONS
    Congratulations to you Larry. May you have many many zeros

JR