CIN and VIN scare, please HELP!

Hello all, I am a 23 year old female who is going through some stressful times. I went in for my pap smear, and my result came out abnormal. Silly me went for a pap after 5 years. The gyno said that I "have a low grade abnormality, but they cannot rule out the possibility of high grade". Also, I have some dark pigmented bumps around my vulva that i am VERY frightened about. I had my colposcopy with biopsies of the cervix and vulva done last week (the local anesthetic shot she gave me was the most painful experience of my life). Anyway, the bumps are pretty dark and pigmented; and are slightly raised. I believe some are even flesh colored. Do my symptoms sound familiar to anyone? I am an otherwise healthy girl. Can someone please give me peace of mind....

Comments

• dreamangelz101
    dreamangelz101 Member Posts: 5
    I forgot to mention the
    I forgot to mention the bumps are small.
  • Dawn101970
    Dawn101970 Member Posts: 1

I forgot to mention the
    I forgot to mention the bumps are small.

CIN and VIN Scare
    I think that your piece of mind will come after you get your biopsy results.
    I too have the small bumps (and also larger lesions) around my vulvar and perianal area) the two largest ones were biopsied and the results were pre-canerous (VIN III). Yesterday (after waiting a month for my appoinment) I saw the gyn oncologist who examined me and wants to biopsy several more areas. This will be done as a day surgery, I will be asleep, thank god. The doctor told me yesterday that the results thus far are PRE cancerous, but I am of course thinking the worst. I was told not to do research on line for the VIN since mostly what I was finding were were very negative experiences. I was told yesterday that it is very treatable.
  • dreamangelz101
    dreamangelz101 Member Posts: 5

CIN and VIN Scare
    I think that your piece of mind will come after you get your biopsy results.
    I too have the small bumps (and also larger lesions) around my vulvar and perianal area) the two largest ones were biopsied and the results were pre-canerous (VIN III). Yesterday (after waiting a month for my appoinment) I saw the gyn oncologist who examined me and wants to biopsy several more areas. This will be done as a day surgery, I will be asleep, thank god. The doctor told me yesterday that the results thus far are PRE cancerous, but I am of course thinking the worst. I was told not to do research on line for the VIN since mostly what I was finding were were very negative experiences. I was told yesterday that it is very treatable.

Hey Dawn, thanks for your
    Hey Dawn, thanks for your reply.

I got my biopsy results back yesterday finally after a month of waiting. I was told I have a high grade abnormality, between VIN 2 and 3. I'm really scared. My dr. referred me to a gyno oncologist and i have an appointment coming up soon. They will do a colposcopy of my vulva. I hope it doesnt hurt any more than that extremely painful injected anesthetic did that was given to me for my biopsy. I'm only 23 and my doctor says its very rare in women my age to get this...she sees it in women over 60. I'm freaking out as to what is going to happen to me. I have HPV and this was caused by it. How old are you? And what do your larger lesions look like...are they discolored areas of the skin or is it bumpy?

Anyone else with any input please help...