WOW!

I didn't realize I was AWOL for this long....so many posts and so much going on with everyone. I just wanted to pop in to say hello and try to catch up. There are so many posts I have to do a general message to wish you all well. Wherever you're at stay strong and keep the faith. My good wishes and prayers to all. I am fine as far as I know(one can never be sure without pictures) and my next set isn't due until July. Blessings to all!! Mary

Comments

• allmost60
    allmost60 Member Posts: 3,178 Member
    Howdy..
    Hi Mary,
    Your a busy lady with working and all, so don't worry about being AWOL. John has been kind of quiet the last few weeks also, but we all have daily life issues to deal with that don't even relate to having cancer, so it's to be expected now and then. I DO miss when anyone is gone too long from the group...glad you popped in Mary. John will too when he's ready. Take care and be good to yourself...Love..Sue (FNHL-2-3A-6/10)
  • COBRA666
    COBRA666 Member Posts: 2,401 Member
    WOW
    Mary,
    I have noticed that we have not seen you lately. Like Sue,I miss people when they do not post. Being busy with the everyday issues is certainly a reason to be absent for long periods.I am retired and have a lot more time and I do have the time to read the post everyday and I do.Others that work find that time is not so available. Everyday life overwhelms us all at times.Its amazing how fast time goes by when we are busy isn't it? So glad to hear all is going great for you. Just stop in and give an update every so often. You were the first to respond to me way back when and I will never forget that. Think of you often. John(FNHL-1-4A-5/10) REMISSION
  • merrywinner
    merrywinner Member Posts: 626 Member
    allmost60 said:

Howdy..
    Hi Mary,
    Your a busy lady with working and all, so don't worry about being AWOL. John has been kind of quiet the last few weeks also, but we all have daily life issues to deal with that don't even relate to having cancer, so it's to be expected now and then. I DO miss when anyone is gone too long from the group...glad you popped in Mary. John will too when he's ready. Take care and be good to yourself...Love..Sue (FNHL-2-3A-6/10)

Hi Sue
    Glad to hear from you. It looks like you've got some issues going on? I'm trying to piece together the posts but am not sure I have the whole story. If I can help in any way please let me know. John...Quiet???? Now that concerns me! I have missed you all but always think of you. You are right between working and helping out with the twins,who are very mobile now,life does stay busy as heck. You must be so looking forward to that baby. Not too long now. Take care, Love Mary(FNHL-1-2-4A-7/08)
  • merrywinner
    COBRA666 said:

WOW
    Mary,
    I have noticed that we have not seen you lately. Like Sue,I miss people when they do not post. Being busy with the everyday issues is certainly a reason to be absent for long periods.I am retired and have a lot more time and I do have the time to read the post everyday and I do.Others that work find that time is not so available. Everyday life overwhelms us all at times.Its amazing how fast time goes by when we are busy isn't it? So glad to hear all is going great for you. Just stop in and give an update every so often. You were the first to respond to me way back when and I will never forget that. Think of you often. John(FNHL-1-4A-5/10) REMISSION

Awww John
    You make me all teary. I may not be posting all of the time lately but I will never be gone. You guys are my lucky charms and a safe place I will always have. How is the Rituxan going? Hopefully all is well. As I told Sue in addition to working I try to help my older daughter with her very busy twins when I can. Also still have a houseful here all the time. I knew I must have seemed better when they all started whining to me about being hungry. Ugh...hard to take it all on again but grateful I can. Keep hanging in there John ,you have come so far. Mary(FNHL-1-2-4A-7/08)
  • COBRA666

Awww John
    You make me all teary. I may not be posting all of the time lately but I will never be gone. You guys are my lucky charms and a safe place I will always have. How is the Rituxan going? Hopefully all is well. As I told Sue in addition to working I try to help my older daughter with her very busy twins when I can. Also still have a houseful here all the time. I knew I must have seemed better when they all started whining to me about being hungry. Ugh...hard to take it all on again but grateful I can. Keep hanging in there John ,you have come so far. Mary(FNHL-1-2-4A-7/08)

Rituxan
    Mary,
    I go for my 4th and last R treatment this Friday.I did not realize the R would knock you down a little. At least it did me. Did it do the same to you? John(FNHL-1-4A-5/10)
  • merrywinner
    COBRA666 said:

Rituxan
    Mary,
    I go for my 4th and last R treatment this Friday.I did not realize the R would knock you down a little. At least it did me. Did it do the same to you? John(FNHL-1-4A-5/10)

Rituxan
    Hi John. I never had the Rituxan for maintenance. I only had it as part of the R CHOP. After that I had Zevalin. But I think fatigue is always an issue with these treatments. The body works hard to process it all and of course everyone is different. Seems as though I get fatigue from all of it as my main side effect. But as always ask the powers that be about it. Mary Oh and don't forget the water!!
  • dixiegirl
    dixiegirl Member Posts: 1,043 Member
    COBRA666 said:

Rituxan
    Mary,

Tired
    John, I never get too tired with rituxan every other month, but when I did the once a week for 4 weeks?? You bet, it really did wear me out I was shocked.

You're doing the every 6 mo thing right?
  • allmost60
    allmost60 Member Posts: 3,178 Member

Hi Sue
    Glad to hear from you. It looks like you've got some issues going on? I'm trying to piece together the posts but am not sure I have the whole story. If I can help in any way please let me know. John...Quiet???? Now that concerns me! I have missed you all but always think of you. You are right between working and helping out with the twins,who are very mobile now,life does stay busy as heck. You must be so looking forward to that baby. Not too long now. Take care, Love Mary(FNHL-1-2-4A-7/08)

Baby...
    Oh yes mary..I'm so excited for baby Lizzy to get here. I've been to 2 baby showers for her and it was so much fun seeing all of the cool baby stuff thats out there for kids these days...wow...we sure didn't have all of this fancy pants stuff back in our baby times..ha!(love it). The doctor said that after this week if Lizzy decides show up there is nothing to worry about. With that being said, both mom and I want her to stay put a bit longer so she can be as healthy as possible. Looks like she will be 6 to 7 pounds if she comes on her due date..May 9th. I'll post pictures as soon as she shows up...ha! My issues don't have me too worried...the new scans will tell us if anything is going on. In the meantime I just keep my thoughts focused on baby Lizzy. Take care...
    Love...Sue (FNHL-2-3A-6/10)
  • merrywinner
    allmost60 said:

Baby...
    Oh yes mary..I'm so excited for baby Lizzy to get here. I've been to 2 baby showers for her and it was so much fun seeing all of the cool baby stuff thats out there for kids these days...wow...we sure didn't have all of this fancy pants stuff back in our baby times..ha!(love it). The doctor said that after this week if Lizzy decides show up there is nothing to worry about. With that being said, both mom and I want her to stay put a bit longer so she can be as healthy as possible. Looks like she will be 6 to 7 pounds if she comes on her due date..May 9th. I'll post pictures as soon as she shows up...ha! My issues don't have me too worried...the new scans will tell us if anything is going on. In the meantime I just keep my thoughts focused on baby Lizzy. Take care...
    Love...Sue (FNHL-2-3A-6/10)

Good
    I'm glad you have that good attitude of yours and agree that all will be well. If it does show anything then on to plan B. I did have something show back up early on after my first treatments but next time around it got all cleaned up. And maybe it's going to show nothing. I will however send some prayers and good thoughts just as some insurance. And oh the baby.....I'll be watching for those pics! Love,Mary
  • COBRA666
    dixiegirl said:

Tired
    John, I never get too tired with rituxan every other month, but when I did the once a week for 4 weeks?? You bet, it really did wear me out I was shocked.

You're doing the every 6 mo thing right?

Rituxan
    Beth,
    Yes,I am doing the 6 month Rituxan with the 4 week infusions. It does knock me back but not like the Chemo. Thank goodness. john(FNHL-1-4A-5/10)
  • JoanieP
    JoanieP Member Posts: 573
    Hi Mary
    Glad to see you on the board. I am feeling well today and just try to take it day by day. I have 37 more days of this school year, but who's counting. Take care and I'm glad you popped in. I don't post too much but want to keep up with everyone. There are wonderful people on this board.
  • merrywinner
    JoanieP said:

Hi Mary
    Glad to see you on the board. I am feeling well today and just try to take it day by day. I have 37 more days of this school year, but who's counting. Take care and I'm glad you popped in. I don't post too much but want to keep up with everyone. There are wonderful people on this board.

Hi Joanie
    Glad to hear from you and know that things are OK. Good luck finishing up the school year. Will you work over the summer? Hopefully you can be off too. Sometimes it feels like it takes all I have just to go to work. Not much energy left for anything else. Take care. Mary
  • JoanieP
    JoanieP Member Posts: 573

Hi Joanie
    Glad to hear from you and know that things are OK. Good luck finishing up the school year. Will you work over the summer? Hopefully you can be off too. Sometimes it feels like it takes all I have just to go to work. Not much energy left for anything else. Take care. Mary

Never
    Hi Mary
    No I never work in the summer. It takes the summer to get ready to face 5th graders again. I have gone to the gym three days this week before work to get a 30 minnute walk in. I like walking on the treadmill and watching the T.V. It is getting warm in Florida and not too pleasant after work to walk outside. I am taking 100,000Iu's of Vitamin D prescribed by my oncologist. It really helps your energy level. He wants my Vitamin D at 60. It is about 45. Have you had yours checked? Have a reatful weekend Joanie
  • yesyes2
    yesyes2 Member Posts: 591
    JoanieP said:

Never
    Hi Mary
    No I never work in the summer. It takes the summer to get ready to face 5th graders again. I have gone to the gym three days this week before work to get a 30 minnute walk in. I like walking on the treadmill and watching the T.V. It is getting warm in Florida and not too pleasant after work to walk outside. I am taking 100,000Iu's of Vitamin D prescribed by my oncologist. It really helps your energy level. He wants my Vitamin D at 60. It is about 45. Have you had yours checked? Have a reatful weekend Joanie

Wondering
    Hi Mary,

I'm so glad you posted as I was wondering how you were doing. Glad everything is going well. And Congrats on one year since Zevelan, I think thats great.

With love and blessings to you,
    Leslie
  • merrywinner
    JoanieP said:

Never
    Hi Mary

Vitamin D
    As a matter of fact they did check my levels in January and were found to be very low @ 11!! I take 1000iu's daily and will be rechecked in July. Seeing what you're taking mine hardly seems like enough. Hope you're having a nice weekend. Mary
  • merrywinner
    yesyes2 said:

Wondering
    Hi Mary,

I'm so glad you posted as I was wondering how you were doing. Glad everything is going well. And Congrats on one year since Zevelan, I think thats great.

With love and blessings to you,
    Leslie

Hi Leslie
    Good to hear from you and thanks. I guess it doesn't seem like a year. I am so sorry to hear about your pets. I know how hard that can be and breaks your heart. Don't work too hard,I see you have some big days coming up. Good luck and I'll send prayers. Mary
  • miss maggie
    miss maggie Member Posts: 929

Vitamin D
    As a matter of fact they did check my levels in January and were found to be very low @ 11!! I take 1000iu's daily and will be rechecked in July. Seeing what you're taking mine hardly seems like enough. Hope you're having a nice weekend. Mary

Vitamin D
    Dear Mary,

I too had low levels of Vitamin D. I couldn't understand it. I am always out most days,
    especially in the summer. I also eat lots of dairy and drink milk. When I was DX with
    low vitamin D, it was a month after summer. Weird.

Anyway, glad you are taking Vitamin D, make sure it is Vitamin D3, not plain Vitamin D.

Love Maggie