Celebrating 9 years cancer free today...

Lisa Rose
Lisa Rose Member Posts: 598 Member
Brief History
Surgery March 20,2002 - Stage 3c rectal cancer with 10 positive lymph nodes.

So on this beautiful sunny day and the first day of spring I am thrilled to be starting my 10th year in remission.

Just wanted to share my story for anyone just starting this journey - have faith.

Lisa

Comments

• dorookie
    dorookie Member Posts: 1,731 Member
    Thats so Wonderful
    Thank you for sharing, it is always great to hear from long term survivors...I am currently in remission too almost 2.5 yrs (stage 4), it can be done...

HUGS
    Beth
  • Sonia32
    Sonia32 Member Posts: 1,071 Member
    Thanks for sharing..
    ..and congrats. Hugs needed to read this today, I was diagnosed exactly the same, stage 3, 10/11 lymph nodes positive. Waiting on scan results, hope I can be like you, and hit my 2 year mark. Thanks Beth for also sharing 2.5 years is great. :-)))

Sonia
  • Vickilg
    Vickilg Member Posts: 281 Member
    Congratulations
    This is wonderful news!!!! I am very happy for you. Thank you so much for sharing your story! I appreciate it.
  • christinecarl
    christinecarl Member Posts: 543 Member
    Woot Woot!!
    That is AWESOME!!!!! Thanks for sharing that, it is quite the accomplishment. It helps to hear from long term survivors, it helps give me faith that it can be.
  • AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673 Member
    Congratulations Lisa Rose
    What a wonderful anniversary to celebrate!
  • scouty
    scouty Member Posts: 1,965 Member
    Celebrating with you my dear friend!
    Have a wonderful day LP2!!!

Thanks so much for helping me over the years, you know you are one of the key contributors to the positives in my journey. I think it is so cool that a few of the best friends I have now I met on this site many years ago.

See you in Chicago and cheers my friend!

Love, LP1
  • kristasplace
    kristasplace Member Posts: 957 Member
    That's so wonderful!
    I know that you and Lisa (Scouty) did your alternative cures together back in the day when even less of us were surviving. It's your stories that encourage us, and keep us fighting. Living proof that no matter what stage you are, you can survive! There are more of you out there than i think is realized on this board, since so few come back to tell their tale. Thank you for inspiring us!

Diagnosed stage IIIc August, 2007. Diagnosed stage IV May, 2010 with two recurrences back to back. NED for ten months, and counting!

Hugs,
    Krista
  • That's so wonderful!
    I know that you and Lisa (Scouty) did your alternative cures together back in the day when even less of us were surviving. It's your stories that encourage us, and keep us fighting. Living proof that no matter what stage you are, you can survive! There are more of you out there than i think is realized on this board, since so few come back to tell their tale. Thank you for inspiring us!

Diagnosed stage IIIc August, 2007. Diagnosed stage IV May, 2010 with two recurrences back to back. NED for ten months, and counting!

Hugs,
    Krista

This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Wonderful!
    That's just FABULOUS!!! Keep up the good work!

*hugs*
    Gail
  • kristasplace
    kristasplace Member Posts: 957 Member
    unknown said:

This comment has been removed by the Moderator

Neat idea!
    What a wonderful thing to do, Graci! It sounds difficult, but it would be an awesome tribute to those who've survived, and to those who didn't. So many have passed away just since i joined in 2007, there were many more who died before then. It would be nice to see some of their old posts.

Many hugs, and good luck with it!

Krista
  • Kanort
    Kanort Member Posts: 1,272 Member
    Congratulations!
    What a gift of encouragement and hope you have just given to others! Enjoy your special day, and I, too, am blessed with many special friends I have met on this site.

Blessings,

Kay
  • belindahill
    belindahill Member Posts: 144
    good news!
    Hi Lisa Rose, thank you for your positive post. My husband Dx August 2010, stage 3 10 nodes positive out of 13! He has just finished 8 cycles of xeloda, so happy at the moment, ct 28th march, your story has given us both loads of hope.
  • tina dasilva
    tina dasilva Member Posts: 641
    WOW
    WOW WAY TO GO GIRL HUGS TINA
  • sasjourney
    sasjourney Member Posts: 395 Member
    Congrats!!!
    It is great to hear your wonderful news!!! Thanks for posting.

Hugs,
    Sara
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Glad to 'see' you, dearheart....
    ....and I am dancing for the 10 years!!!

YEA!!!

Knuffels, Kathi
  • thxmiker
    thxmiker Member Posts: 1,278 Member
    Congrats Lisa!
    I look forward to the day I can say that.

Best Always, mike
  • Sundanceh
    Sundanceh Member Posts: 4,392 Member
    LR
    #9 is certainly a good number for you:)

Congratulations on this milestone - must be very liberating to look back at where you were - and where you are now.

I've been fighting constantly 7-years, (Stage IV now) - I'm in the other club - the Long Term Actively Fighting Group. Two different sub-sets from the same community, but equally important to those who are fighting Cancer as they can see the side that has made it and the other side where long-termers are fighting to make it.

Kudos to you!

-Craig
  • pscott1
    pscott1 Member Posts: 207 Member
    Lisa,
    That is so inspiring

Lisa,

That is so inspiring and gives me hope. I have just started my journey and pray I will be posting in 10 years as you are now. You truly have been blessed! Congratulations!

Pam
  • chrissy83
    chrissy83 Member Posts: 17 Member
    Hi Lisa,
    I havn't ever

Hi Lisa,

I havn't ever posted on this site but I have been on here everyday since diagnosis Aug of last year..

I was diagnosed whilst 4 months pregnant with baby number 2 :( I have a 16 month baby also.
    Dr thought my cancer was early stage as it was only just T2 but after surgery it was found to be in 11 lymph nodes...I am only 27

But to cut a long story short I wanted to write to you today to say thank you!!! Your story brought me sooo much hope when everything in my life seemed to be doomed!!! Your situation of 10 years cancer free with 10 positive nodes gave me hope that I too maybe around to see my beautiful babies grow up!!! Thats all I want in life and even if I only get 10 more years at least my babies will get to know me..

Thank you for giving me hope!!!!
    Thank you for giving me inspiration!!!!!

From Chrissy
  • menright
    menright Member Posts: 256 Member
    9 Years fantastic
    That is wonderful and inspiring. Good for you and a ray of hope for those of us still pursuing an extended period of NED.

Thanks for sharing.

Mike