Worried of Stomach Cancer

dingobat
dingobat Member Posts: 1
I started having stomach pains and bloating after eating 2 years ago. I saw an gastroenterologist. An endoscopy was preformed 6 months ago and the diagnosis was an ulcer with H. pylori infection, but negative for malignancy. I was prescribed triple therapy of AB and H1 inhibitors. This seemed to make things better, but recently the pain has returned. The pain is very minor, more like discomfort than pain. My gastro recommended another endoscopy since my father had gastric cancer at 75 years old.

My question is how often should I get an endoscopy? Do I need to be worried about stomach cancer when a biopsy was performed 6 months ago? How can a person differentiate between an ulcer and stomach cancer with the symptoms so similar? Any help or advise would be appreciated.

Comments

• Tina Blondek
    Tina Blondek Member Posts: 1,500 Member
    Welcome
    Hello dingobat and welcome to the stomach cancer discussion board. I was a caregiver for my dad. He passed away from esophageal cancer in March 2010. His tumor was at the gi junction, just above his stomach. Anything can happen within 6 months. Remember, if you catch it early, it is more treatable and possibly curable. With your family history, I would suggest having another scope done. Better to be safe than sorry. Even though your pain is minor, it is there. Get it checked out. Hope I helped you.
    Tina in Va