iv vitamin c 40-60grams

sisters,

i've been perusing the ovarian cancer site and came across some very interesting information re: high dose iv vitamin c. of course, no studies on it, but there does seem to be renewed interest. apparently, they say taking oral vitamin c doesn't do it, has to be iv. a couple of the women have had good success with it both during chemo and after. i asked my doctor if she would consider high dose vitamin c when i have my chemo, but i know she won't agree. as open minded as she is, she's evidence-driven, and there's no real evidence except anecdotal, but that's good enough for me. i'm making inquiries and asking for recommendations re: having this regimen a couple times a week post chemo--looking for a reputable practioner.

has anyone on this site tried this? to me it sounds promising.

sisterhood,
maggie

Comments

• culka
    culka Member Posts: 149 Member
    Maggie
    Go to www.doctoryourself.com and look for vitamin C and cancer. Lots of useful info.

I took 12g C daily before and during radiation. After too, but later I forgot. I never developed diarrhea, so maybe I should take even more, but it was already 24 pieces.
  • maggie_wilson
    maggie_wilson Member Posts: 596
    culka said:

Maggie
    Go to www.doctoryourself.com and look for vitamin C and cancer. Lots of useful info.

I took 12g C daily before and during radiation. After too, but later I forgot. I never developed diarrhea, so maybe I should take even more, but it was already 24 pieces.

thanx, culka
    i will check out the website you recommended. do you think the vitamin c helped you during radiation?

sisterhood,
    maggie
  • culka
    culka Member Posts: 149 Member

thanx, culka
    i will check out the website you recommended. do you think the vitamin c helped you during radiation?

sisterhood,
    maggie

Hehehe
    you tell me. I never had diarrhea. Only hip pain, but fasting fixed this one.

But I can't forget about 1.5lb of herbs what I ate during these long 6 weeks.