Looks like the decision isn't going to be mine to make!

Thanks for everyones words of encouragement. And Thanks to craig for the tribute. I went to the ER again on tuesday because I didn't feel my pneumonia had cleared. I was very short of breath. I had 3 Pulmonary embolisms. I've lost a ton of lung function. I'm on oxygen and blood thinners. It's very hard to maintain proper O2 saturation and I see little room for improvement. Sadly, The PEs occurred in the lung with the least tumor involvement. The Drs are confident I will get to go home, but they have ruled out any future cancer treatment. I'll keep you guys posted.

Comments

• Lovekitties
    Lovekitties Member Posts: 3,364 Member
    Hi
    So very sorry to hear of this latest complication.

I know you have fought hard and are still doing so, so that you can get home to your family.

I pray that you and your family can have much more time together.

Hugs,

Marie who loves kitties
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member

Hi
    So very sorry to hear of this latest complication.

I know you have fought hard and are still doing so, so that you can get home to your family.

I pray that you and your family can have much more time together.

Hugs,

Marie who loves kitties

Hi John , don't loose hope please not you !
    Hope you get better soon ! take care ,rest and get strong enouht to continuing fighting !.
    Cheer up my friend y pray for you and your people!
  • Sonia32
    Sonia32 Member Posts: 1,071 Member
    I have tears welling up in my eyes
    John ever since I came on the board you and everyone else have shown me the true meaning of the word fight. Your an amazing man who hasn't given up, and your family would be proud of you for that. If your body is ready to give in, it's not because you haven't fought tooth and nail, for yourself or your family. I too pray you get to go home and have more time with your family.

Love and hugs
    Sonia
  • pete43lost_at_sea
    pete43lost_at_sea Member Posts: 3,900 Member
    sorry to hear about er and PEs
    hi john,

you are in my thoughts.

my prayers are for you and your son and your family,

Pete
  • chicoturner
    chicoturner Member Posts: 282
    John you and your family are
    John you and your family are in my prayers today. You work on getting well and let them just love you. You have so much to fight for, so enjoy all of it. Love, Jean
  • AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673 Member
    John
    I am so sorry to hear this. Thank-you for posting.
  • Sundanceh
    Sundanceh Member Posts: 4,392 Member
    You're the Man!
    John, you are very welcome and it was a privilege to be able to do something for you.

I understand O2 sat levels and their signifigance, so this news caught my attention right away - you were the 1st thing I saw today when I logged on.

So, I'm very concerned at the latest news from you. I'm upset that this is the result and anxiously await more updates from you.

You are very much being thought of:)

-Craig
  • idlehunters
    idlehunters Member Posts: 1,787 Member

John you and your family are
    John you and your family are in my prayers today. You work on getting well and let them just love you. You have so much to fight for, so enjoy all of it. Love, Jean

Hey John
    Man...I am at a loss for words. No more cancer treatments???? The pneumonia is still there?? Dang, I thought that was clearing up. Please keep the faith John..... You are a soldier and stand strong with everything. You will figure out your next move when you get home...thats just how you roll. Take care... love ya!

Jennie
  • Jane822
    Jane822 Member Posts: 50
    Faith
    I had a pe a few weeks after liver surgery and I thought I would never breathe normally again or have the energy to walk across a room. Fortunately time helps. Have faith that things will improve and don't give up. Just take it a day at a time and know that you are in my thoughts and prayers ............hang in there.
  • geotina
    geotina Member Posts: 2,111 Member
    John:
    Just hang in there and get yourself home, the best place to heal. As far as future chemo treatments, who knows for sure. Like the board always says, one step at a time and one day at a hime.

Hugs - Tina
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    I'm wrapping my arms around you....
    do you feel them? Safe and warm!

BIG hugs to you, dearheart! Rest well.

Hugs, Kathi
  • bspangler47
    bspangler47 Member Posts: 145
    sorry
    Sorry that you are going thru this. I will keep you and your family in my prayers and thoughts. Stay strong.

Barbara
  • johnnybegood
    johnnybegood Member Posts: 1,117 Member
    KathiM said:

I'm wrapping my arms around you....
    do you feel them? Safe and warm!

BIG hugs to you, dearheart! Rest well.

Hugs, Kathi

john
    i wish i could shake your hand and give you a hug.you have always been on this board since i joined.hang in there and enjoy every moment with your family...Godbless...johnnybegood
  • Lori-S
    Lori-S Member Posts: 1,277 Member
    John
    I know you must be weary of all these additional complications and rightfully so. This damn cancer train takes all kinds of twists and turns that can wear anyone out. Just hang in there and remember one step at a time. It's when we do that that we get to put some steps together and find we are getting somewhere. For now let's just concetrate on getting you well enough to get out of the hospital and then take it from there. Sometimes when we look at the big picture ... it seems just so overwhelming. Try and break it down into smaller pieces and it becomes more manageable. Then you can tackle one thing at a time and make some headway.

I am saying some extra prayers for you and hoping for a speedy recover for you. Extra HUGS for you and your family.
  • Buzzard
    Buzzard Member Posts: 3,043 Member
    Lori-S said:

John
    I know you must be weary of all these additional complications and rightfully so. This damn cancer train takes all kinds of twists and turns that can wear anyone out. Just hang in there and remember one step at a time. It's when we do that that we get to put some steps together and find we are getting somewhere. For now let's just concetrate on getting you well enough to get out of the hospital and then take it from there. Sometimes when we look at the big picture ... it seems just so overwhelming. Try and break it down into smaller pieces and it becomes more manageable. Then you can tackle one thing at a time and make some headway.

I am saying some extra prayers for you and hoping for a speedy recover for you. Extra HUGS for you and your family.

Head up , Chin Up....
    gotta remember, til the last breath is taken there is still hope.....I have you in my thoughts and prayers buddy, be strong............Clift
  • Kathleen808
    Kathleen808 Member Posts: 2,342 Member
    John
    John,
    You are a brave man who I respect so much. I pray that you will be at peace and enjoy your time with your family. I am also praying for your wife and child.

Aloha,
    Kathleen
  • Jaylo969
    Jaylo969 Member Posts: 824 Member
    Yes, please keep us posted
    John..I just want to tell you that you are in my thoughts and that I am praying that your pain will diminish.I have kept up with your posts and always admired your determination to do what you felt had to be done such as researching indepth, going to a foreign country for treatment, etc, and flicking your finger at cancer every chance you got. I must say that I think you are a much stronger individual that I ever could be.

I am glad you will be able to go home soon. My thoughts will continue to be with you and your loved ones.Peace & love to you John.

-Pat
  • colon71
    colon71 Member Posts: 15
    Hang in there
    John,

I am so very sorry to hear that things are not going well right now. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.
  • JoyceSteele
    JoyceSteele Member Posts: 145
    Thinking of you
    John, am so sorry to read this latest news. I continue to keep you and your family in my prayers. Sending big hugs for you all. Joyce
  • donnare
    donnare Member Posts: 266
    John,
    So sorry to hear you

John,

So sorry to hear you are going through this ... just want you to know that you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Donna