A little of help from you!

pepebcn
pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member
To all those which are still in Chemo since long time! , (more than 12 rounds), how is reacting your liver? how are your liver encimes?, not a problem
long time chemeo for your liver function?. I ask that as my liver encimes are quite Hight since I stopped my lad chemo and I'm little worried!
Hugs!

Comments

• Sonia32
    Sonia32 Member Posts: 1,071 Member
    Pepe
    I only did 8 rounds but my liver was affected by the chemo and my liver enzymes were high even four months later after I stopped. My onc was not worried at all. Hoping your doctor/onc have compared your previous results, and you get your blood tested again in a couple of weeks or get a scan. I had my blood tested again after a few weeks from the previous one (as that is what the onc suggested) and my levels were normal I'm sure you'll be fine and experienced members will chime in.

Hugs
  • soccermom13
    soccermom13 Member Posts: 224
    will be thinking of you
    Sorry - I only did 7 rounds and it took the liver a couple of months to adjust after the chemo. The levels were never high but I could tell by color of pee that things were not quite right.
    Hugs
    Shanna
  • mukamom
    mukamom Member Posts: 402
    Sonia32 said:

Pepe
    I only did 8 rounds but my liver was affected by the chemo and my liver enzymes were high even four months later after I stopped. My onc was not worried at all. Hoping your doctor/onc have compared your previous results, and you get your blood tested again in a couple of weeks or get a scan. I had my blood tested again after a few weeks from the previous one (as that is what the onc suggested) and my levels were normal I'm sure you'll be fine and experienced members will chime in.

Hugs

Robert had
    over 40 chemo treatments and liver function and bloodwork always good. On FOLFRI+avastin

Hugs, Angela
  • pepebcn
    Sonia32 said:

Pepe

Hugs

Hi Sonia thanks for your soon response ,
    The thong is that in my last scan and Pet, everything whas clear so they decide to stop chemo and give me a rest as my enzymes were quite high
    since then , CEA is rising a little every test ,4.5. now not in perilous zone yet, but as my enzymes are still very high I'm concerned about the possibility
    we find something unexpected in the next scan, and they can't put me on chemo due to liver function.
    Hugs Sonia!
  • pepebcn
    mukamom said:

Robert had
    over 40 chemo treatments and liver function and bloodwork always good. On FOLFRI+avastin

Hugs, Angela

not high enzymes Angela?
    Hugs!
  • Sonia32
    Sonia32 Member Posts: 1,071 Member
    pepebcn said:

The thong is that in my last scan and Pet, everything whas clear so they decide to stop chemo and give me a rest as my enzymes were quite high
    since then , CEA is rising a little every test ,4.5. now not in perilous zone yet, but as my enzymes are still very high I'm concerned about the possibility
    we find something unexpected in the next scan, and they can't put me on chemo due to liver function.
    Hugs Sonia!

pepe
    will pm you
  • gfpiv
    gfpiv Member Posts: 59 Member
    pepebcn said:

Hugs Sonia!

Liver Enzymes
    For the past 5 months I've been on systemic FOLFIRI, plus FUDR direct to my liver via hepatic pump (HAI). Due to hitting my liver so hard, my liver enzymes occasionally get elevated. My onc has put me on Ursodiol (300mg, twice a day), which has been helpful so far. It is often used for bile duct issues, but is also known to improve liver function including bilirubin level, alkaline phosphatase, AST and ALT. There are no side effects that I'm aware of, so you may want to inquire about it.

P.S. I know that some suggest that milk thistle can also help the liver, though I have not tried it.

Best of luck,
    Chip
  • pepebcn
    gfpiv said:

Liver Enzymes
    For the past 5 months I've been on systemic FOLFIRI, plus FUDR direct to my liver via hepatic pump (HAI). Due to hitting my liver so hard, my liver enzymes occasionally get elevated. My onc has put me on Ursodiol (300mg, twice a day), which has been helpful so far. It is often used for bile duct issues, but is also known to improve liver function including bilirubin level, alkaline phosphatase, AST and ALT. There are no side effects that I'm aware of, so you may want to inquire about it.

P.S. I know that some suggest that milk thistle can also help the liver, though I have not tried it.

Best of luck,
    Chip

Hi chip I'm in ursobilane which probably is the same but
    for European market! Yap it worked on the beginning but now it seems there is no more dropping in my counts.
    Hugs!