SBRT Stereotactic Body Radiotherapy

paris11
paris11 Member Posts: 159
edited March 2014 in Lung Cancer #1
Hi my friends,

I dropped in from the Uterine board. Can anyone recommend an outstanding medical center for SBRT? Or better yet an outstanding Rad. for SBRT.

Thanks,

Starfish

Comments

• mmt366
    mmt366 Member Posts: 41
    SBRT Radiation

Hi Starfish,
    My wife is currently being treated at Mass General Hospital (Boston)for NSCLC w/ mets to Brain & Spine. She is receiving SPRT to the brain @ the Francis Burr Proton Center which is part of MGH. Her doctors and support staff are remarkable, they are highly professional, caring and easy to talk to.
    Not sure where you are from, but my wife and I are very happy with the level of care she is receiving at MGH, not only the Proton center, but the entire support from the Yawkey Oncology Center.
    Wishing you luck and good results.

mmt
  • lagobabe
    lagobabe Member Posts: 8
    mmt366 said:

SBRT Radiation

Hi Starfish,
    My wife is currently being treated at Mass General Hospital (Boston)for NSCLC w/ mets to Brain & Spine. She is receiving SPRT to the brain @ the Francis Burr Proton Center which is part of MGH. Her doctors and support staff are remarkable, they are highly professional, caring and easy to talk to.
    Not sure where you are from, but my wife and I are very happy with the level of care she is receiving at MGH, not only the Proton center, but the entire support from the Yawkey Oncology Center.
    Wishing you luck and good results.

mmt

Non Small Cell Lung Cancer
    I finished SBRT in August 2010 for non small cell lung cancer in my left lung had good results so far. I go Monday 14th of Feb 2011 ( happy valentines day to me ha )to find out if I have it again in my right lung, a spot showed up on my pet scan. Nothing showed anywhere else.
    Has anyone ever had 2 rounds SBRT treatments?
    I had mine at Scott & White Hospital in Temple Texas.
    please send email to lagovistababe6@att.net
  • VTAngelady
    VTAngelady Member Posts: 1
    SBRT
    Florida Hospital @ Waterman in Tavares FL. Just finished there and they are excellent!