CSN Login
Members Online: 1

You are here

For all intents and purposes...Opinions wanted on decisions to be made: Update

Buzzard's picture
Buzzard
Posts: 3073
Joined: Aug 2008

Just diagnosed with growth in lower left lobe...dx with crc in 08 and nothing since...CEA elevated and PET showed lower left lobe growth. He thinks primary not mets nothing else just the one growth. If this is a solitary growth should I have it biopsied first to assure what it is or just opt for removal period...I am thinking (actually guessing) that if it is small cell that it would be better to get it out now and if its non small cell then maybe a little extra time spent pre surgery in case biopsy could actually turn out to show something else. Not real sure but most likely will opt for removal period, then biopsy for certainty of cancer or not...opinions welcome....I am heading for consult at Vandy Wednesday to set up plan and to find out exactly what we are dealing with....Thanks, Buzz

Update...Its coming out 9/7/10 @ 0730....They can gawk at it after its in a pan...I don't want it hanging around in me...He thinks non small cell, I hope benign but not probable, 2nd choice lung primary, last choice met from crc...though it is what it is and I will deal with whatever it is...and life will go on....... :)...........Buzz

catcon49's picture
catcon49
Posts: 398
Joined: Aug 2008

I had a small tumore removed in the lower right lobe Sept. 08. I believe they can actually do the biopsy via vats surgery then remove if needed, all at the same time. I had mine down separately. They assured me the cancer could not spread via biospy. In my particuliar case I needed a dx of cancer before a surgeon would talk to me at the University of PA. So I opted for the biopsy first then surgery neither one was to bad. I was home the same day with biopsy. The lobectomy I was in the hospital for 4 days. Recovery was not bad at all. Some times with biospy they can't get enough cells to tell if it is cancer or not. But what ever you decide, good luck and I will remember you in my prayers.

c

1blessedamongus
Posts: 15
Joined: Aug 2010

I also believe the docs can do biopsy and have lab look at it on spot to determine type. If maglignant they can remove and do indept studies later.

catcon49's picture
catcon49
Posts: 398
Joined: Aug 2008
Buzzard's picture
Buzzard
Posts: 3073
Joined: Aug 2008

very much...I have some new news that I will post in another thread....thanks again for the encouragement....Buzz

Subscribe to Comments for "For all intents and purposes...Opinions wanted on decisions to be made: Update"