Welcome to the new Cancer Survivors Network website! Existing members can click HERE to review the changes and new features on CSN.

Astrocytoma Grade III-Survivor

1246789

Comments

  • green_carbon07
    green_carbon07 Member Posts: 3
    ab293 said:

    Temador/ Radiation
    My 44 year old mother was diagnosed with astrocytoma grade III in March and had surgery to remove 80 percent of it. She has undergone six weeks of radiation that was supposed to be coupled with temador. However, her platelet counts were dropping very low so she missed a week or two of chemo and has been receiving platelet transfusions, as well as a shot to boost cell production. Has anyone had these difficulties during chemo? Also, her radiation was targetting the front of her head so she has lost all her hair in these areas. Some say that it is possible the hair will not grow back at all. Has anyone lost hair and had it grow back after radiation? She is getting quite worried about not having hair anymore. Thank you.

    My 23 year old fiance had hair loss when he received targeted radiation along with Temodar, but the hair did grow back, and quite thickly! The only place where he still has a patch that is a little thin is the area where they had to place the drainage tube during surgery, in the back of his head. It took a little while, but it did come back in less than a year. I hope your mother does well!
  • jady
    jady Member Posts: 1
    MY BEST FRIEND
    My best friend has astrocytoma grade 4 and i was just wondering what treatment anyones has had or wheather you no ov any treatments that might help her she has already had radiotherapy last june and she had it debloked in may and now on her second lot ov kimo now we will find out in 2 weeks weather the kimo has work as all the others havent i would be really gratfull if you no ov antthing 2 help us many thanks jady xx
  • lmars
    lmars Member Posts: 1
    lawslegal said:

    My son is recovering from an astrocytoma
    Hi, I am happy that your daughter is doing well.

    Five years ago, June 12, 2004, my then 13 year old son got suddenly ill and we rushed him to the hospital finding that he had a ruptured brain tumor. We then found out it was an astrocytoma. It is a long story but the surgeon did remove the entire tumor and he needed no further treatment. After his surgery, however, he had a stroke. After years of therapy he walks with a walker and cane. Graduated high school on June 12, 2009 and is getting ready for college. He just had his 5 year MRI and it was clean. It has been a long and hard road and he is doing great. I have just finished a book called, Michael's Journey and it should be out by Labor Day. I wrote the book for people like you. It is very inspirational.

    I wish your daughter and your family the best.

    Sincerely, Laura, Michael's Mom

    My son and relapes
    Laura,

    My son was diagnosed with stage III /giloblastoma. He enjoyed 3 years of stability. Can you tell me if your son had any relapes. Charlie had 2 resection back to back and then a shunt put in. He had radiation /chemo / temadar. He suffers from poor vision and cognative effects. I really am trying to find people who have had relapes.

    Linda
  • dc9md80
    dc9md80 Member Posts: 4
    kmd1019 said:

    Astrocytoma
    Jose,

    This friday it will be 4 weeks since my 90% resection of my Astrocytoma Tumor. Yesterday I met with the Oncologist to get the next step. I found out that the next step will be 6 weeks of radiation and chemotherapy. I am trying to be strong and not doubt. Everyday I wake up and say that I am going to beat this thing.
    I am 28 years old and my husband and I just celebrated our 6th wedding anniversary on the 19th.
    What lead you to your tumor discovery? How did you cope with the times of doubt? My surgeon has been amazingly positive so I try to cling to that, but still get discouraged.
    I pray that all is still well with you, and if you could please fill me in on your journey.

    Thank You,
    Kara

    Hang in there
    My husband was 35 when he was diagnosed and he is a 21 year survivor! He believed from the start that he could beat the cancer and he did, with a lot of prayers and great medical care. Not to say it has been all a picnic, there have been rough spots, especially now as he gets older. His neurosurgeon once told him that his brain age is about 15 years older than his real age because of the radiation. So that presents challenges, but he was able to see both of his children grow up, attend college, marry and have their own families. It can definately be done! He had a grade 3 Astrocytoma.
  • rokaren5
    rokaren5 Member Posts: 14
    I'm new here
    Hi Jose,
    I'll just give you a quick rundown of my situation, but it sure would be nice to have someone to ask questions to as I walk this road.

    In 2007 I had some really mild "zone out" type activity. It only happened a couple of times and then went away. When I mentioned it to the doc he said, "If it comes back we have to look into it". Well in April of 2010 they came back. It only happened 3 times in 1 week and went away. Friends & family said, "Just go get it checked." and so I did. I aced the physical exam. I showed absolutely no physical indicators. My neurologist said, "I fully expect to see a normal brain." Well the MRI was abnormal.
    I was diagnosed with level III glioma. I don't have a well defined "tumor" It's more like a "star field" ..... just random abnormal cells throughout the brain. It's mostly in the right temporal lobe, but the cells are really scattered throughout the brain.
    I had surgery on 8/6. She took out some of the right temporal lobe and did a resectioning.
    I just finished week 2 of radiation & chemo (temodar). We're fighting it like a level 4.

    I am getting hit pretty hard with some side effects of the chemo. I deal with some excruciation back pain, but I have a massager that I lay on for a long time and it loosens me up. I'm wondering if I should ask the doc for some muscle relaxers because truly I'm just so tight when the pain comes on. It feels like a heart attack. Had that all checked out. Heart's good.
    I'm getting regular massages, but it's obvious that this back pain comes with the chemo.
    I also have a really itchy rash mostly on my arms but it's on my torso & legs too. I'm using a calendula cream non stop and it helps. It's just frustrating.

    But here's the deal: I get it. This is my life. I have a brain tumor. And I'm going to live with it. Like my husband with his heart issues I will have to chase this tumor and keep it under control. But I'm gonna live.....a long long time. I just think of my tumor like a person who is fighting any condition.... diabetes, heart disease.

    Am I crazy? I still show no physical effects of the tumor. Now it's all side effects and meds. My radiation oncologist & my surgeon both believe that I will return to work when the 6 week rotation is over. I work in live TV in NY, and I do have EVERY intention of returning to my crazy live show.
    After the 6 week rotation I'll take a few weeks off to recover then I'm going do a double dose of chemo for 5 days. That we'll repeat every month for 6 months.
    I would really love to hear some input from someone who is much farther along living with this disease.
    Thank you so much,
    Karen
  • Woodsymom
    Woodsymom Member Posts: 13
    Grade III: Anaplastic Oligogendroglioma
    My son was diagnosed in June/2010. He has undergone a Craniotomy at the temporal lobe July 16, 2010. He got married 8/14, 2010. Now we are preparing for Radiation Therapy with our first appt on 9/7/10.

    Astrocytoma, as I understand it is a very aggressive cancer as well. We are approaching radiation with the hope that it will put the tumor to sleep. Hopefully, chemo will not be necessary right away. We have heard you do not want to use everything at once because it limits your options later.

    What was your strategy for success?

    Thanks for any and all info you provide.
    Woodsymom
  • Woodsymom
    Woodsymom Member Posts: 13
    rokaren5 said:

    I'm new here
    Hi Jose,
    I'll just give you a quick rundown of my situation, but it sure would be nice to have someone to ask questions to as I walk this road.

    In 2007 I had some really mild "zone out" type activity. It only happened a couple of times and then went away. When I mentioned it to the doc he said, "If it comes back we have to look into it". Well in April of 2010 they came back. It only happened 3 times in 1 week and went away. Friends & family said, "Just go get it checked." and so I did. I aced the physical exam. I showed absolutely no physical indicators. My neurologist said, "I fully expect to see a normal brain." Well the MRI was abnormal.
    I was diagnosed with level III glioma. I don't have a well defined "tumor" It's more like a "star field" ..... just random abnormal cells throughout the brain. It's mostly in the right temporal lobe, but the cells are really scattered throughout the brain.
    I had surgery on 8/6. She took out some of the right temporal lobe and did a resectioning.
    I just finished week 2 of radiation & chemo (temodar). We're fighting it like a level 4.

    I am getting hit pretty hard with some side effects of the chemo. I deal with some excruciation back pain, but I have a massager that I lay on for a long time and it loosens me up. I'm wondering if I should ask the doc for some muscle relaxers because truly I'm just so tight when the pain comes on. It feels like a heart attack. Had that all checked out. Heart's good.
    I'm getting regular massages, but it's obvious that this back pain comes with the chemo.
    I also have a really itchy rash mostly on my arms but it's on my torso & legs too. I'm using a calendula cream non stop and it helps. It's just frustrating.

    But here's the deal: I get it. This is my life. I have a brain tumor. And I'm going to live with it. Like my husband with his heart issues I will have to chase this tumor and keep it under control. But I'm gonna live.....a long long time. I just think of my tumor like a person who is fighting any condition.... diabetes, heart disease.

    Am I crazy? I still show no physical effects of the tumor. Now it's all side effects and meds. My radiation oncologist & my surgeon both believe that I will return to work when the 6 week rotation is over. I work in live TV in NY, and I do have EVERY intention of returning to my crazy live show.
    After the 6 week rotation I'll take a few weeks off to recover then I'm going do a double dose of chemo for 5 days. That we'll repeat every month for 6 months.
    I would really love to hear some input from someone who is much farther along living with this disease.
    Thank you so much,
    Karen

    Grade III: Anaplastic Oligogendroglioma
    My 26 year old son has been diagnosed in June/2010. Graduated from college June/2010. Craniotomy/temporal lobe July/2010.Some aphasia but recovered. Short-term memory is poor but manageable. Married August 14, 2010. We are beginning radiation 9/7/2010. No chemo yet.

    It sounds like you, in that he really had no symptoms except something that appeared like anxiety attacks, was treated with anxiety medication but when they increased in frequency an MRI was done and it was determined that what he was having was focal seizures due to a tumor. Medicine has them under control as well as the removal of 95% of the tumor with 'tentacles' still in his other parts of brain. That is where the focus of radiation will be.

    He has returned to his part-time job but is wanting to get radiation over with so he can begin a search for a 'real job' and support his new wife. Told to increase calcium because radiation can cause thinning of the bones. Fatigue and some hair loss will be a side effect.
    We are not sure what to expect except the provision of God's grace every day. Because he is only 26, we have been told this is very unusual sooooo......besides putting on weight, from the steroids used to reduce swelling. He is back to fairly normal activity. Maybe we can travel the path together and compare notes?
  • Fusionera
    Fusionera Member Posts: 10
    Woodsymom said:

    Grade III: Anaplastic Oligogendroglioma
    My son was diagnosed in June/2010. He has undergone a Craniotomy at the temporal lobe July 16, 2010. He got married 8/14, 2010. Now we are preparing for Radiation Therapy with our first appt on 9/7/10.

    Astrocytoma, as I understand it is a very aggressive cancer as well. We are approaching radiation with the hope that it will put the tumor to sleep. Hopefully, chemo will not be necessary right away. We have heard you do not want to use everything at once because it limits your options later.

    What was your strategy for success?

    Thanks for any and all info you provide.
    Woodsymom

    To Woodysmom re Anaplastic Oligodendroglioma
    Dear Woodysmom,

    I would not delay the chemo at all, especially if he can start Temodar. This is NOT something to fool with, as I know from personal experience. After I finished radiation therapy, my grade III appeared to be gone. I was put on PCV chemo as a "preventative measure" since the tumor bed looked clear on the MRI at the end of 1995. Within 2 months the MRI had changed and in April of 1996 I had a second surgery. I was then put into the Temozolomide clinical trial. The drug saved my life. The radiation only temporarily held the tumor at bay...Grade IIIs are best treated as aggressively as possible.

    Talk to his doctor about the options available. Everyone reacts differently to different therapies, and some are effective on some people and not on others. Best of luck to you.

    Johanna
  • Toshy
    Toshy Member Posts: 24
    30 + years!
    Adding my support and encouragement :)

    I was diagnosed when I was 7 in 1977. It was in operable as it was on my brainstem (Astrocytoma on floor of 4th ventricle). I had radiation treatments in late 70's, chemo in early 80's. A couple of years after stopping chemo. I was told the tumor no longer showed up on the CT scan. Later MRIs continued to be clear.

    I was told later I had been given 6 months to live and within a month or two it was 6 weeks... Although mine has been a hard life I'd say, it's been a very happy one!
  • BOSBEK
    BOSBEK Member Posts: 4
    Grade III Astrocytoma
    I am grateful to know that you are a ten year survivor! My Husband was just diagnosed and has had a crainiotomy with patial tumor rsection. Hi stumor is in the temporal and frontal lobes and was the size of golfball. He origionally presented with only having his strange flowery smell fom whch he could not escape. After undergoing ebery test or cardiac issues in the ER he was finally given an EEG which showed abnormal spikes in the frontal lobe. From there we have gone to MRI, diagnosis (Anaplastic Astrocytoma III). He is now in his third week of radiation along with Temodar. This is quite the journey! Would love to hear from those oing through this as well.
  • BOSBEK
    BOSBEK Member Posts: 4
    heyrabbit said:

    hi good luck i had a grade 3/4 astrocytoma left frontal lobe 10 years ago wow if you have any questions about it and the last 10 years please get in touch and i will help you out

    Grade III Astrocytoma
    Thanks for the encouragement. My husband is being treated at Mass General Hospital. I must say that everyone there has been wonderful. Next Tuesday he will have the last of 33 radiation treatments. He has been taking a low dose of Temodar to help the radiation. He will then rest for four weeks and and begin a double dose of temodar 5 daysfollowed by 23 days off and that dosage will continue for a year. Stevens' tumor was in both the left frontal and temporal lobes. He had a partial resection. Have you had any recurrences in that time? What was your treatment regimen?
    Thanks for your help!
    Catherine
  • cushla69
    cushla69 Member Posts: 45
    I have anaplastic
    I have anaplastic astrocytoma grade 3. they tell me ill have this the rest of my life. ill be on chemo and seizure med for rest of my life. they cannot remove tumor cause of it location. will i ever be normal again, will i live long enough to see my daughter raised. this is my prayer more than anything
  • cushla69
    cushla69 Member Posts: 45
    Woodsymom said:

    Grade III: Anaplastic Oligogendroglioma
    My son was diagnosed in June/2010. He has undergone a Craniotomy at the temporal lobe July 16, 2010. He got married 8/14, 2010. Now we are preparing for Radiation Therapy with our first appt on 9/7/10.

    Astrocytoma, as I understand it is a very aggressive cancer as well. We are approaching radiation with the hope that it will put the tumor to sleep. Hopefully, chemo will not be necessary right away. We have heard you do not want to use everything at once because it limits your options later.

    What was your strategy for success?

    Thanks for any and all info you provide.
    Woodsymom

    woodsymom
    I have the same as your son. got sick in june 2010, had open brain biopsy nov 9, 2010, and not long later got pathology report from JOhn Hopskins. Anaplastic oli. astrocytoma aggressive grade 3. they started me on radiation and chemo (temodat) on Dec 21, 2010 to feb3, 2011, then restarted chemo (temodar) march 3, 2011. i have to do it for 6 months for 5 days every 28 day cycle. they say they are surprised and very happy to see me doing so well. i am also on seizure med. keppra. this has totally changed my whole life, work and everything. i keep u and ure son in my prayers
  • cushla69
    cushla69 Member Posts: 45
    Fusionera said:

    To Woodysmom re Anaplastic Oligodendroglioma
    Dear Woodysmom,

    I would not delay the chemo at all, especially if he can start Temodar. This is NOT something to fool with, as I know from personal experience. After I finished radiation therapy, my grade III appeared to be gone. I was put on PCV chemo as a "preventative measure" since the tumor bed looked clear on the MRI at the end of 1995. Within 2 months the MRI had changed and in April of 1996 I had a second surgery. I was then put into the Temozolomide clinical trial. The drug saved my life. The radiation only temporarily held the tumor at bay...Grade IIIs are best treated as aggressively as possible.

    Talk to his doctor about the options available. Everyone reacts differently to different therapies, and some are effective on some people and not on others. Best of luck to you.

    Johanna

    woodysmom
    i agree with Fusionera, my doctor told me they could not remove my tumor but could continue to give me temodar (chemo) and extend my life for a long time
  • Woodsymom
    Woodsymom Member Posts: 13
    cushla69 said:

    woodysmom
    i agree with Fusionera, my doctor told me they could not remove my tumor but could continue to give me temodar (chemo) and extend my life for a long time

    February 23, 2011 NO TUMOR!!
    On February 23, 2011, my son went to an MRI review with his radiation oncologist. At that time, he said Loren is cancer-free. Praise God. He is to have follow-ups every 3 months with a neurologist. This first follow-up all the neurologist did was ask him how he was feeling and congratulations on the status. My son has this idea that MRIs are no longer needed and probably doesn't need to see a doctor for a bit. I am going to have him ask if an oncologist needs to be a referral or what should happen to monitor his status a little more closely. No Temodor right now. No chemo. I am apprehensive my son is not staying more vigilant with medical follow-ups. He was diagnosed Stage III: Anaplastic Oliogodendroglioma 5/2010.
  • alutiiqmom
    alutiiqmom Member Posts: 256
    heyrabbit said:

    hi good luck i had a grade 3/4 astrocytoma left frontal lobe 10 years ago wow if you have any questions about it and the last 10 years please get in touch and i will help you out

    questions on your tumor
    HI: My daughter had a left frontal tumor as well. They could not surgically remove it all. She had surgery, radiation and now chemo. Where did you have your treatment? Did they take all of the tumor?

    Also, how was your recovery? Any information and hope helps! Thanks and God Bless.
  • Tomaszrubin2
    Tomaszrubin2 Member Posts: 2
    i am 21 and i was diagnozed
    i am 21 and i was diagnozed with astro.. grade 2 in dec 2010 and i have one question to mate which is holding with it over 10 years do You smoke cannabis mate ? I am asking because i am an adict of cannabis and about 6 month before diagnoze i have stopped smoking weed and after a month since i stoped smoking i started to getting them weard fellings and tunnel vision or whatever You call it. I am just thinking is there some chance that weed had something to do with it ?

    Thank You
  • Tomaszrubin2
    Tomaszrubin2 Member Posts: 2
    heyrabbit said:

    hi good luck i had a grade 3/4 astrocytoma left frontal lobe 10 years ago wow if you have any questions about it and the last 10 years please get in touch and i will help you out

    Do You smoke marihuana mate
    Do You smoke marihuana mate ? x
  • nailand1943
    nailand1943 Member Posts: 2
    immunization theropy
    HI,everyone, i am living in canada, one of my cousion was dignosed with stage3 anaplaastic astrocytoma earlyer this year. she is only 30,and has a cute little boy who's only 5. All my families feel so sad.

    She already got a surgery and taking chemotheropy right now. Her husband heared about this immunization theropy from one of their friend, but there was no detail supplyed. so they ask me to the search it for them, cuz they dont know English.But all I found about it are some essays.

    So I am here to ask if someone knows anything about it?Is it been use widely? share with us plz if U have any idea or have heard anything for U doc.

    THANK U SOOOOOO MUCH
  • Flav1234
    Flav1234 Member Posts: 14
    tmiles said:

    Astrocytoma survivor
    I had a Grade 1 Astrocytoma removed from my front right hemisphere in 01/2004. I have had no reoccurrance per the last 5 MRI's. Thank God!
    I am now 5 years clear, with guilt for having survived with nothing debilitating and I am starting to have emotional problems. Anger, depression, memory recall and I don't know how to cope with it much less how to correct the problem. I live in the Riverside, Ca. and I am looking for help with the psychological side of this. Does anyone out there have some information or contacts that can point me into the right direction?

    Tony
    [email protected]

    Did you find help?
    Hi Tony

    How are you doing now? I hope you found the help you needed... because I need help now. My fiance also had the same tumor (Right Front temporal lobe) and its been 12 years and he is so far gone with Anger, depression, social problems, fatigue ... hes now mimicking many mental disorders. I have been with him for alittle over a year and I am trying to find him help and failing miserably.

    If you found a treatment facility please advise...

    thanks
    Tracy
  • Alexanderson
    Alexanderson Member Posts: 3
    Hi !
    Thank you for trying to help others !
    My mother have AA3 and she went operation now she is almost normal !
    But need to go on radiation and I want to ask you if you know some information how to fight against this terrible illness ?
    Thanks forward !
  • Alexanderson
    Alexanderson Member Posts: 3
    Woodsymom said:

    February 23, 2011 NO TUMOR!!
    On February 23, 2011, my son went to an MRI review with his radiation oncologist. At that time, he said Loren is cancer-free. Praise God. He is to have follow-ups every 3 months with a neurologist. This first follow-up all the neurologist did was ask him how he was feeling and congratulations on the status. My son has this idea that MRIs are no longer needed and probably doesn't need to see a doctor for a bit. I am going to have him ask if an oncologist needs to be a referral or what should happen to monitor his status a little more closely. No Temodor right now. No chemo. I am apprehensive my son is not staying more vigilant with medical follow-ups. He was diagnosed Stage III: Anaplastic Oliogodendroglioma 5/2010.

    Hi !
    I am glad to hear about your son ! If there is some more information how to deal with this disease please don't hesitate to write me !
    Best luck !
  • Haley75
    Haley75 Member Posts: 8

    Thanks Jose, it is my job as well, to help others who have gone through the same thing as you & I.

    Need some supportive words
    Hi I'm 33 years old andvi have 5 fantastic kids I live in wales in the uk I was diagnosed with aa111 on deb 14th this year and had my surgery on 23rd of march they managed to get 95% of it out it was top right superficial and very accessible I've then completed 6 weeks of radio with no chemotherapy yet I've got my first MRI in October since I finished treatment I'm so scared I just want to be ok .. !!
  • Haley75
    Haley75 Member Posts: 8
    dc9md80 said:

    Hang in there
    My husband was 35 when he was diagnosed and he is a 21 year survivor! He believed from the start that he could beat the cancer and he did, with a lot of prayers and great medical care. Not to say it has been all a picnic, there have been rough spots, especially now as he gets older. His neurosurgeon once told him that his brain age is about 15 years older than his real age because of the radiation. So that presents challenges, but he was able to see both of his children grow up, attend college, marry and have their own families. It can definately be done! He had a grade 3 Astrocytoma.

    I hope and pray that I'm as
    I hope and pray that I'm as lucky as your husband I also have aa111 and I want to see my five fantastic kids grow up ... I'm finding it all very hard I've had surgery they removed 95% of it it was in the top right superficial .. I just want to get better x
  • Haley75
    Haley75 Member Posts: 8
    ronefx said:

    sorry, it took me so long to
    sorry, it took me so long to respond, I don't check here that often. I had 6 weeks of Radiation & 6 courses of chemo. I am still doing good, just get tired here & there, so I take a nap(which I enjoy anyways) but, that could be from everyday stress, I normally don't think about the fact I had cancer, cause it has been so long.

    I hope to be like you
    I hope to be like you one day .. People like you give me so much hope x
  • ktubby
    ktubby Member Posts: 4
    lmars said:

    My son and relapes
    Laura,

    My son was diagnosed with stage III /giloblastoma. He enjoyed 3 years of stability. Can you tell me if your son had any relapes. Charlie had 2 resection back to back and then a shunt put in. He had radiation /chemo / temadar. He suffers from poor vision and cognative effects. I really am trying to find people who have had relapes.

    Linda

    Hi. I read your blog and I was wondering how your son is doing. My husband was diagnosed July 2010. He had surgery and radiation and also took temodar. July 2011 the MRI showed the tumor is back on left side and also on the right side. What treatment did your son undergo after recurrence? Thanks Kathleen
  • sadinholland
    sadinholland Member Posts: 248
    Woodsymom said:

    February 23, 2011 NO TUMOR!!
    On February 23, 2011, my son went to an MRI review with his radiation oncologist. At that time, he said Loren is cancer-free. Praise God. He is to have follow-ups every 3 months with a neurologist. This first follow-up all the neurologist did was ask him how he was feeling and congratulations on the status. My son has this idea that MRIs are no longer needed and probably doesn't need to see a doctor for a bit. I am going to have him ask if an oncologist needs to be a referral or what should happen to monitor his status a little more closely. No Temodor right now. No chemo. I am apprehensive my son is not staying more vigilant with medical follow-ups. He was diagnosed Stage III: Anaplastic Oliogodendroglioma 5/2010.

    Woodsymom,
    I am so happy to

    Woodsymom,
    I am so happy to read your post as my husband is fighting the same tumor. He did however, have radiation and chemo. Last does will be the end of this month.Your story makes me feel so much better, knowing there is hope when you have been dx with a anaplastic olio. grade 3.
  • cushla69
    cushla69 Member Posts: 45
    kitkatkaz said:

    Anaplastic Astrocytoma stage 3 Survivor- 5+ yrs
    All the Glory goes to God. The tumor was in my right frontal lobe 3cm, with 2cm cyst around it. I had head aches, thought they were sinus, which I had the year before,
    however, I should have known when the tech doing the cat scan asked, when I was going over the results with the doctor, that something was not right. That was Thursday, Friday, My doctor, told me to "sit down, we have a problem".

    That Sunday in Church, the pastor, elders, and congregation prayed over me, and I recieved my healing from the Lord.

    Emergency Brain Surgery, 28 radiation treatments, 6 months of tremdor, and the steriods, and dilantan. 5+ years later, I stand before you.

    Healed and whole in the name of Jesus. Drug Free, Cancer Free.

    If I can help in anyway please let me know
    God Bless Kitkatkaz

    kitkatkaz, i also have AA 3.
    kitkatkaz, i also have AA 3. I have radiation and chemo pill temodar from dec21, 2010 to feb 3, 2011. then restarted chemo pill march3, 2011. Had open brain biopsy on Nov9, 2010. They just started me on Chemo Iv on aug 1 , 2011 and I am also still taking temodar for 5 days every 28 day cycle. After my radiation, they did MRI and it showed my tumor had grown instaed of shrinking. thats when they decided to start the IV. Thank God you are doing well in your fight, praying for you to stay cancer free. i pray for a cure everynight. Please just add me to your prayer list.
  • cushla69
    cushla69 Member Posts: 45
    Quilmes said:

    Yep it was in the frontal lobe, now it's dead. It's considered a small cyst, that will not reoccur. In addition yes I have short term memory lost, and sometimes date and time problems. What is your story please share it with me.

    I have AA3 also. Mine is in
    I have AA3 also. Mine is in between the frontal and temporal lobe, deep down in the crease. They say it is inoperable. They did do open brain biopsy on NOv 9, 2010 though, but surgeion said it was too big a chance to go back in, said he would if he knew he could get it but knows he can't so doesnt wanna take away from me the chance that i can enjoy my daughter as i can now. i have short term memory loss too ans i am so forgetful its unbelievable. I was a school bus driver prier to this. I could remember 150 kids names and 2 entire bus routes everyday and i was a s healthy as can be, i was a kidney donor in 1999 and had always been extremely healthy. i first got sick with a strange sour taste all over body on march 3, 2010, second time on June 4, 2010. i was rushed to hospital this time with seizure activities, which took my driving job. i loved my job. started me on radiation and chemo pill temodar on dec21, 2010, then restarted temodar on mar3, 2011 for 5 days every 28 day cycle, now they have started me on chemo IV on august1, 2011 and i am still taking temodar as before.
  • Wendywoo44
    Wendywoo44 Member Posts: 1
    Quilmes said:

    Yep it was in the frontal lobe, now it's dead. It's considered a small cyst, that will not reoccur. In addition yes I have short term memory lost, and sometimes date and time problems. What is your story please share it with me.

    I am a 30 year old newly diagnosed brain cancer patient from/in New Zealand. I had a 90% debulking from my right frontal lobe on 31 August 2011 and am halfway through my 6 weeks of radiation and chemo (Temodal). So far apart from being substantially bald in the treatment area I have managed to avoid any fatigue or nausea thus far.

    I had a Anaplastic Astrocytoma, which I'm told is a grade 3 and reasonably agressive so will do ANYTHING to get rid of this 10% that remains. I am having doubts about how effective radiation is - should I expect it to be gone, or smaller or show no change in my next MRI? I'm so new to this and don't know what to expect so any advice would be greatly appreciated!

    My blog details my journey thus far and is at www.wendywoo44.blogspot.com

    I look forward to hearing from you