New Zealand author Phil Kerslake relates his experiences and insights with warmth, humour and pragmatism. Enlisting the contributions of some of the world’s leading cancer researchers and practitioners, this world-recognised six-time cancer survivor shows how to use action and attitude to support cancer recovery.
This book shows how:
• To cope with a cancer battle as you never thought you could
• What being a fighter really means
• What being an "active patient" involves in practice
• To turn faith and hope into verbs and wishes into actions
• To convene a life path audit that will feed your will to live
• To create a life with more balance, meaning and fulfilment
Cover-endorsed by world-renowned US author Susan Jeffers PhD, author of Feel the Fear and Do It Anyway and Embracing Uncertainty: “Whether cancer is presently part of your life or not, this is probably one of the most important books you will ever read. It is inspiring, informative, courageous, and life-affirming. It is a recipe for a beautiful life and it moved me deeply … as it will you.”
The most popular cancer support book in New Zealand since 2006 with over 11,000 purchases as at May 2009, this book has now been released in Australia and is contracted for publication and distribution throughout the Continent of Africa, in Turkey and in Poland later in 2009.