Aug 13, 2014 - 9:53 pm
My mom saw the oncologist today, and the decision was to take her off irinotecan completely because the side effects had been excessive for her body to handle. Apparently she's going to stay on the other part of her chemo cocktail though, which I found to be 5-FU (and Avastin) from checking her hospital records online, but they also want to try adding another drug which apparently they need to review her biopsy records to determine if the nature of her cancer would make this drug an option. (???) My parents didn't remember the name and that information isn't in the online records, but I'd like to try to find out about it to get some information in advance. She's already done oxylaplatin, and that stopped working so it can't be it either. Does this sound like something anyone else recognizes? I can of course wait until 10 or 11 tomorrow morning to call and ask her doctor about it myself, but if anyone could give me some ideas before then I'd really appreciate it!