Jan 20, 2014 - 7:59 pm
I had written the pulmonolgist I am supposed to see at Mayo a letter, explaining to her that she was not in the list of drs at their website and that my hypersensitivity pneumonitis is particularly aggressive & fast growing. I am suprised at Mayo's repsonse.
The doctor had the receptionist call me to explain she is doing her fellowship & that is why I couldn't find her in the physician directory. She also referred to me to a staff physician that has experience treating aggressive HSP like mine!!!
Now the problem is, scheduling difficulties. It takes just about over 4 hours to get there and Brian's sisterinlaw is driving since I can't drive that far (and alone). She works a southern swing shift at the local paper mill, and has varying days off.
As it stands, I have an appt. set for 1 pm in February. However, if additional testing needs to be done the next day, I can't becuase Sara works at 2 pm.
If I go for a day when we can have the appt. on the first day, and open for more testing on the 2nd, I won't get in until March. I don't know what to do. I can't afford to drive back, get a hotel for a second visit.
So I think I will call my local pulmonologist and explain the situation to him and see if he thinks I need to be seen in February, or if I could wait till the beginning of March.