Dec 30, 2013 - 9:26 pm
My surgeon reviewed the CT scans from today, and is leaning towards not operable. But, he will be conferring with a neurosurgeon tomorrow.
I do want to get a second opinion - its not something that I ahve done before.
What places would you recommend going to? - the cancer is in the neck, and I guess creeping down the esophagus (or maybe the other way around).
The doctor mentioned MD Anderson, and Sloan-Kettering - and someplace in Ohio.
Are there others?
And, how does it work - do they first start with your records - if you doctor makes the recommendation? Or do you always need to go?
I'm guessing this can get to be quite expensive. We also have a 16 year old son at home.
Need to decide fast- the doctor thinks 2-3 weeks tops before getting started. The alternative to surgery would be chemo - maybe rads. For that part - I think well stay local at Siteman.