Dec 02, 2013 - 12:04 pm
Jim has not been feeling well for a few days. I thought he was just down from not being able to fish because of the weather. This morning around six he woke me saying he was in extreme pain in his chest. Exray showed fluid in his left lung. We are waiting for the oncologist's nurse to call so they can work him into the schedule. He did agree to have the PET Scan the oncologist recommended a month ago. Our daughter Ann said it was amazing how pain can change a person's mind. The ER doc prescribed Cipro to help clear the fluid but Jim cannot swallow that large pill. I guess I will call pharmacist to see if it can be crushed or available in liquid. Please say a prayer for Jim.
Oncologist has scheduled PET for next week to get a better view of Jim's lungs. Jim pain free so far today. Jim's left lung has only about 60% capacity now.