Jul 26, 2013 - 3:05 pm
Most of you know I had a CT scan 3 weeks ago and initially I was told it was clear. Then the official report mentioned a tiny nodule near the surface of the liver. So they scheduled an MRI which I did Tuesday. Well I got the results today from my oncologist and as I figured it was inconclusive. He said I could do a biopsy or wait a few months and do another scan to see if there is any progression. He seemed to be pushing me towards the biopsy. He said if it is malignant surgery is proboly not an option since I had 2 liver resections. I told him he was already wrong since I have had 3 liver resections. The jerk doesnt even know my medical history. He also said RFA might not be an option since it was so close to the surface. I never heard of that before. I would think that would make it easier.
So I talked to my surgeon and he said he could operate and he recommends waiting 3 months and then rescanning. He said a biopsy on such a small nodule migh prove inconclusive as well.
Needless to say I am considering switching oncologist agin.