Jul 08, 2013 - 3:43 pm
I turn 70 this month, I am an 11 year survivor of RCC and I have nearly 1000 posts.
Here are a few of my thoughts about the past, present and future.
1. 70 years from now Stages 2, 3 and 4 of Kidney Cancer will be eliminated by advanced and regular scanning procedures.
2. 70 years from now all Stage 1 tumors will be removed by procedures rather than surgery.
3. 70 years from now Robtic surgery will be done by robots.
4. The 18 year old girl I met at the beach (Icewomen) will be 70 next year.
5. At least 4 beautiful teenage girls now call me PAPA.
6. I have gained 70 pounds since I got married. I do not know how many of those I can attribute to the birth of my 2 children.
7. 50 year old women look a hell of a lot better than 50 year old women looked 50 years ago.
8. 25% of my peers have already checked out.
9. Another third of my peers are scheduled to check out in the next 10 years.
10. I see 7 times as many different types of doctors as I saw before I had RCC.
11. I can no longer carry a pack or Canoe over the infamous Dickson to Bonfield Portage as I did in 1959 and 1962 and which should be on everybody's bucket list.
12. I am a member of the Meanest Link which was started in 2004 although my attempt at one of the Meanest Links was done in 1962.
13. I have no plans to check out until each of my 5 grandchildren, ages 12-17 has married.
14. I may or may not be able to catch up with Faye across the street who at 82 is an 18 year survivor of RCC.