May 25, 2013 - 11:47 pm
Today I attended Ovarian Cancer seminar organized by Ovarian Cancer Canada and Sunnybrook Odette Cancer Center in Toronto.
About 100 patients and caregivers came to this event.
Agenda was quite intense and plenty of time was allowed for questions:
- Ovarian Cancer and You - by gyno-oncologist with emphasis on hereditary cancer and current trials
- Sexuality - by RN talking about intimacy and managing menopause
- Getting on with the business of Living - by psychiatrist with helpful tips on mindful living and managing anxiety
- Creative Expressions workshop for patients and survivors
- Caregiver workshop
- Breakout sessions: #1 Ask a nurse and #2 Ask a pharmasist
There were booths set up by Canadian Cancer Society, Look Good Feel Better, Ovarian Cancer Canada, Ovarian Cancer Peer Support Network, and Wellspring.
Overall it was a very successful day of education and networking. It included breakfast, lunch and gift bags.