May 25, 2013 - 11:21 pm
I had a colonoscopy this past Friday. My gastroenterologist found a flat mass in my decending colon near the top. I was a little groggy from anesthesia. He said I would need surgery as he could not remove it but did a biopsy. He said it could be done laproscopicly and they would take a small amount of colon and reattach. I asked if it could wait until after my vacation June 27-July 7 and he said it shouldn't but I would only be in hospital three days and good as new in 10. He gave me prescriptions for blood work, cea and a ct scan of liver and stomach. Told me to get a surgical consult and a oncologist consult. I asked if I would need chemo and he said just a pill once a day but this could wait until after vacation.
I know this is a long story but after reading on the forum his opinion seems a little naive. I had the blood work and as long as it comes back by Thursday I can have my CT on Thursday as they need the results of blood work. I should have results of biopsy in a week or two. I know I can't have any real answers until I get all my results but do you think I should plan on cancelling the vacation? My grandkids have really been looking forward to it.
Also I had breast cancer and reconstruction in 1997 and had a transflap surgery. This caused scar tissue and a year of wound healing so I wonder if laproscopic surgery is an option. I guess I won't know until my surgery consult.