May 11, 2013 - 1:23 am
Hi Everyone it's been a while since my last post. This coming week I get a CEA and and CT/scan to see if I live or die. My onc did the RFA on me about three months ago in which colon cancer apparently had waited nearly two years to lach onto my liver from my prior two bouts with colon cancer. I have decided if it is bad news and the cancer has returned to my liver I will not fight anymore. I've had enough surgeries the Folfox damaged my liver giving me cirrhosis. i'm now a type 2 diabetic possibly because my liver is pumping out glucose more than I need. The ascites which was out of control two years ago caused me to have a double hernia and that surgery is just a barrel of fun. My onc called the liver RFA curative but I have learned never trust a doctor with good or bad news. i know my odds are very bad once you get liver cancer so i'm expecting nothing good. On the good news front I have a grand son being born around June and although it has been very hard to fight cancer it was worth it because I did I see the birth of three grand daughters and soon a grand son. My bucket list is getting empty since we recently sold our home and are building a condo . MY wife couldn't keep up our house alone not that I've been much help. My daughter having the Baby is struggling through hard financial times due to military furloughs and her husband is losing $600 a check with a day off very week. Thanks Obama can't wait for Obamacare to thin those of us with cancer out of the herd so-to-speak. My daughter the teacher recently divorced with a six year old and thanks to our Gov. Snyder cuts in teachers benefits and salaries she should qualify for food stamps next year if she gets to keep her job which gets pinked slipped all the time. She has a Master's and for five years teaches disabled kids to read and is remarkable at it. She may be forced to leave the profession she loves. So as I said taking care of my wife and daughters are still in my bucket list and my time may be short. I am headed to Texas to live with my daughter for about six weeks and then returning to rent until our condo is done. Thus we have a double move from our house to stroage then from storage to our condo.
Sorry I said this would be quick. Just wanted to thank all my friends here and those who have given me a lot of support when I needed it and better advice than any doctor has done. I'll be without a computer for at least 3-4 months so no more reading here or posting. Take Care all best of health